Easy Street Easy Low Rate Visa
Save on interest charges with a variable rate of 8.99% p.a.
The Easy Street Easy Low Rate Visa has a competitive annual fee of $40 and charges the same interest rate for retail purchases, cash advances and balance transfers.
It also offers contactless payments and up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement.
Balance transfer rate
Interest free period
|Product Name||Easy Street Easy Low Rate Visa credit card|
|Balance transfer rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (8.99% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||8.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Max credit limit||$15,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- A low interest rate of 8.99% p.a. applies on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances
- A competitive annual fee of $40 p.a.
- Request an additional cardholder at no extra cost
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$25|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to apply
You can apply for this credit card online by filling out a secure application form on the Easy Street website. Or, if you'd prefer to apply over the phone, call Easy Street on 1300 13 14 65 between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday, or 8am and 3pm on Saturdays. You can also request a callback by filling out a contact form on the Easy Street website.
Get started by making sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the essential details and documents on hand.
- Residency Australian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card.
- Income. You must have an ongoing income to apply for this card, and will be asked for details during the application process.
- Credit history You can only apply for this card if you have not defaulted on any loans, credit cards, store cards or interest-free finance arrangements in the last five years. You also won't be able to apply if you are currently bankrupt.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential and postal addresses, email address and mobile phone number. You'll also need a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or Australian passport.
- Income and employment details. This includes your current work status, your employer's name and contact details and how much you earn. You may also be asked to provide recent payslips or bank statements to verify these details.
- Other financial details. You'll also need to share the details of any other assets you have, such as savings or property, and any debts you have, such as other credit cards and loans. As well as this information, you'll need to estimate your regular expenses, such as rent, mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Low interest rate. The 8.99% p.a. variable rate is at the lower end of the scale for Australian credit cards. Interest rates typically range from around 8.99% p.a. to 21.99% p.a. or higher.
- Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, you'll get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases you make in the next statement period. The interest-free period starts on the first day of your statement and runs through to the due date for that statement period, giving you a way to completely avoid interest charges on purchases.
- Contactless payments. This card offers tap-and-go payments when you spend up to $100 in a single transaction – although there is a daily limit of $200 for contactless payments.
- Visa benefits. Get access to exclusive competitions, pre-sale tickets and enjoy a range of other offers through the Visa Offers + Perks website. This card also comes with Visa's Zero Liability Policy to protect you against fraudulent transactions.
- Account access. Check your balance, make payments and manage other details through Easy Street's Internet banking service or smartphone app.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This $40 fee is charged when you first get your Easy Street Easy Low Rate Visa card, and then every year on that anniversary.
- Additional cardholder. If you want to share your account with a partner or family member, you can request an additional card at no extra cost.
- International transaction fee. This card charges a fee of 3% when you use it to pay for purchases made overseas in a foreign currency. This fee also applies if you shop in Australia from merchants that are based overseas or those that process payments overseas (i.e. some online stores).