The iCCPay is a brand new iPhone App developed by a young 28 year old freelance web developer, Michael Dimoudis, to help Australian business owners process credit card payments on their iPhone.
To-date no other iPhone App was capable of doing this and with the invention of the iCCPay credit card terminal for the iPhone business has suddenly become a lot easier for people looking to charge their clients on the go.
What's needed for the iCCPay iPhone gateway?
Nothing fancy, in fact, all you need to turn your iPhone into a mobile credit card terminal is the iPhone and the iCCPay App which can be purchased in the iTunes store.
The App supports Australian payment gateways and Australian currency with the help of SecurePay and eWay and you don't require any additional hardware to make this work.
Will the iCCPay App work on the iPod Touch?
Yes it will, provided it has firmware 3.0 or later installed.
How does it work?
To turn your iPhone (or iPod Touch) into a mobile credit card terminal you simply type your company name and supported gateway merchant ID (for some merchants you'll also need a password) and you are good to go.
To enable fast and secure transactions you can utilise a single screen entry. All data will be transmitted in full secure mode thanks to SSL layers. To further enable security, card numbers will not be stored after the transaction has been made and the live transaction helps business owners to make sure a sale actually took place before they hand over their product.
To capture the signature of the buyer you can rotate the device.
- When you tap on the "more info" field you can add more information such as the buyers address, name, ref #, description and more.
- The "history log" will allow you to check past transactions.
- The App also supports refunds as long as they are enabled in your merchant gateway account.
- Multiple accounts can be run from the one device in case you have more than one business.
- The iCCPay iPhone App requires a 3G, Wi-Fi or Edge Internet connection to work so don't expect wonders when you are stuck outback with no reception.
- For international businesses you can deal with clients around the world and get paid in AUD, USD, GBP, EUR, NZD and CAD.
Which Australian gateways are supported with the App?
iCCPay supports the following Australian payment gateways:
- SecurePay (XML API) – securepay.com.au
- eWAY (XML) – eway.com.au
Image: ShutterstockBack to top