Ryno Car Insurance
Proud owner of a vintage, prestige or classic car or motorcycle? Ryno might have the policy to protect your pride and joy.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you're the proud owner of a vintage, prestige or classic car, motorcycle or caravan, you'll want to make sure you have the right level of insurance cover in place to protect against a wide range of risks. Ryno Insurance Services specialises in cover for motoring enthusiasts, offering policies to suit a wide range of unique vehicles.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Ryno Car Insurance website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
What does Ryno car insurance cover?
Ryno has policies tailored to a range of different vehicles, including classic cars, muscle cars, performance cars and bikes. When you take out a policy, you can expect to be covered for the following:
- Agreed value cover, including accessories and modifications
- Your choice of repairer
- Salvage option, giving you the rights to keep the car if its written off
- Car hire if yours needs repaired or work done on it
- Flexible coverage, tailored to your needs
- Excess-free glass cover. If your windscreen is damaged, you don't need to pay an excess
- Lifetime guarantee on all authorised repairs
Keep in mind that these are just some of the benefits available when you take out a policy. Ryno can tailor cover to your needs, so your policy might be a little different.
When won't you be covered?
Your Ryno Car Insurance claim will not be paid if
- Your vehicle's anti-theft system was not fitted, functional and activated at the time of loss.
- It arises due to the lawful seizure of your vehicle.
- Your vehicle was being driven by an unlicensed driver.
- Your vehicle was being driven by someone under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Your vehicle was being driven by anyone who has been declined or refused insurance.
- Your vehicle was being driven by someone under 25 years of age for vehicles less than 25 years old.
- Your vehicle was being driven by someone under the age of 20 for vehicles 25 years of age or older.
- Your motorcycle was being ridden by someone who has held a licence for less than two years.
- Your vehicle was being driven in an unroadworthy condition.
- It is for tyre damage caused by brake application or by cuts, punctures or bursts.
- Your vehicle was being used to convey passengers for hire, fare or reward.
- Your vehicle was being used in connection with the motor trade.
- It arises due to illegal modifications to your vehicle.
- It is caused by a deliberate, intentional, malicious or illegal act by you or by someone acting with your consent.
- Your vehicle was being driven on a race track for any purpose or involved in motor sport of any kind.
- It is for depreciation, deterioration, wear and tear, rust, corrosion or mechanical breakdown.
- It arises due to pre-existing damage.
- It is for the cost of repairing faulty repairs or workmanship.
- It is caused by any process of cleaning, restoring or repairing that involves the use of chemicals.
- It arises because you fail to protect your vehicle after it has broken down, been involved in an accident, or been recovered after being stolen.
Ryno car insurance excess
When you make a claim on your Ryno Car Insurance policy, you will need to pay an excess. The following excesses may apply to your cover:
- Basic excess. This general excess applies to all claims made under your policy.
- Age and inexperienced driver excess. These excesses apply to all claims involving young or inexperienced drivers. The age excess is $400 and the inexperienced driver excess is $1,500.
- Theft excess. If you make a claim for theft or attempted theft, you'll need to pay this excess.
- Custom paint excess. If your vehicle has been custom painted, sign written, airbrushed or graphic appliqued and this comprises a significant portion of the vehicle's agreed value, this additional excess applies to help cover the additional cost of repainting.
- Special excesses. Other excesses may be added to your policy based on your specific circumstances.
Steps to make a claim
If you're involved in an accident, it's vital to contact Ryno Insurance Services as soon as possible to start the repair process. You can contact Ryno on 1300 650 670 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
You should also gather the names and details of anyone else involved in the accident, as well as collect information from witnesses, but do not admit any fault or liability.
In the case of theft or malicious damage, report any incidents to the police immediately and obtain a written copy of their report.
You will also need to fill out a claim form, which you can download from the Ryno Car Insurance website here.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off car essentials at Catch, half-price meat thermometers, eBay Plus tech sale.
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
Jeep Compass Night Eagle review
Introduced as part of a revised 2020 line-up of vehicles, the Jeep Compass Night Eagle is the starting point in the Compass range, but you probably wouldn't guess it.
2021 Kia Carnival review
Kia's all-new 2021 Carnival people-mover is styled like an SUV. Read our review here.
Fast and furious: 73% of Aussies have fallen victim to a road rage incident
Engines aren’t the only thing overheating on the roads this summer – our tempers are too, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
Used car values: what helps a car retain its value?
Gumtree reveals data that could help used and new car buyers save money
How to start a YouTube channel
Read the key points of starting a YouTube channel, including the equipment you'll need and the legal considerations to keep in mind.
Upcoming hybrid and electric car comparison
Compare soon-to-launch electric and hybrid cars.
Ask an Expert