Eric Car Insurance
Looking to protect your car or motorcycle? Eric Insurance might have the cover you want.
Eric Insurance is a new underwriter combining the talent and experience of Avea and Swann Insurance. They offer protection for vehicles whether they have four wheels or two.
Find out more about your policy options below.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Eric website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
What are the different cover types?
This comprehensive cover from Eric covers your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident or by a storm, fire, flood, theft, or malicious act. Other benefits included are:
- Essential repairs to get your vehicle working again after an accident.
- Up to $500 to replace or repair your personal belongings in the vehicle that get damaged.
- Complete replacement of your car if it's travelled under 70,000km, or 15,000km for a motorcycle.
- Up to $750 to pay for replacement of locks and keys if your key gets stolen.
- Towing costs to get your vehicle somewhere safe.
- Cover for your caravan or trailer if they're attached to your vehicle.
- Emergency travel and accommodation costs if you're more than 100km from home and your car can't be driven.
- Unlimited cover for your vehicle while it's being transported inside Australia.
- (motorcycles only) Cover for motorcycle apparel that may get damaged in an incident.
This is more limited protection for your motorcycle. It won't cover your motorbike if you have an accident on the road, but it does include:
- Up to $5,000 to repair or replace your motorcycle when it is damaged by fire or stolen.
- Cover for legal liability and legal costs if you happen to damage someone else's property by accident.
Warranty insurance is available for both cars and motorcycles. It's intended to provide the same benefits as your vehicle's warranty for 12 - 36 months after the warranty has expired. In addition to replacing or repairing components that break down, it includes:
- If your vehicle breaks down more than 100km from home, you'll get some accommodation allowance.
- Car rental if your vehicle is unable to drive for more than 2 days.
- Up to $100 of towing to get your vehicle to a safe place.
Tyre and wheel insurance is available for both cars and motorcycles. As suggested by the name, it covers repairs to your tyres and wheels if they get damaged. In addition, you'll get access to:
- $500 accommodation allowance if you get stranded 100km or more from home because you can't drive your vehicle.
- Car rental cover if you're unable to drive your vehicle for more than 2 days.
- Up to $100 of towing to get your vehicle to a safe place.
How do policy features compare?
|Benefit||Comprehensive car insurance||Comprehensive motorcycle insurance||Third party fire and theft damage||Warranty insurance||Tyre and wheel insurance|
|Accidents or collisions|
|Fire or theft|
|Storm, flood, or malicious act|
|Damage to someone else's property|
|Damage to tyres or wheels|
|Keys and locks|
|New for old replacement|
|Trailer and caravan|
|Optional windscreen cover|
What benefits does Eric Insurance offer?
The following benefits are included automatically if you purchase comprehensive car or motorcycle insurance:
- Emergency travel and accommodation. When you get stranded more than 100km from home, you can get up to $500 of emergency accommodation or travel.
- Essential repairs. This can offer up to $300 for critical on-the-spot repairs to get your vehicle roadworthy again.
- Funeral expenses. If the rider of the motorcycle gets killed in an incident, this can help pay up to $2,000 for funeral expenses.
- Hire/rental car. When your vehicle is stolen, you may be reimbursed up to $500 to secure a rental car.
- Keys and locks. If someone snatches your keys or you lose them, this can pay up to $750 to replace the locks and keys on your vehicle.
- Personal property. This benefit can provide up to $500 to replace or repair your personal belongings that are damaged or lost in an incident.
- New for old replacement. So long as your car hasn't driven more than 70,000km or your motorcycle more than 15,000km (25,000km in the second year of cover), Eric Insurance can replace your vehicle entirely with the same make or model. Your vehicle must have been covered by this policy since the first day you registered it to be eligible for replacement.
- Trailer and caravan. So long as your trailer or caravan was attached to your vehicle when the incident happened, Eric may pay up to $1000 to replace them.
- Towing. Pays any reasonable costs to get your vehicle towed to a repairer or somewhere safe.
- Transit cover. This will extend protection to your vehicle when it's being transported anywhere in Australia, including when it's being loaded or unloaded.
What optional extras are there?
The comprehensive car insurance offered by Eric insurance allows you to tack on the following additional benefit for an increase to your premium.
- Windscreen cover. With this benefit, you are covered once for the repair or replacement of your front or rear windscreen, up to $600.
What makes Eric Insurance different?
- Transferable insurance. Eric Insurance allows you to transfer an insurance policy from an old vehicle to a replacement one under some circumstances.
- RSPCA supporter. Eric Insurance is a business supporter of the RSPCA, helping to put an end to animal cruelty in Victoria.
- Product range. In addition to the standard comprehensive options, Eric insurance offers an uncommon Warranty Insurance that can effectively extend your vehicle's warranty up to 3 years past its expiry date. For motorcycle users, Eric has a third party fire and theft policy that can provide some protection cheaper.
Is Eric Insurance right for me?
- Cover can be transferred to a replacement vehicle without having to take out a new policy so long as you inform Eric Insurance within 14 days of purchase.
- You can pay instalments monthly instead of yearly, giving you some flexibility on premiums.
- Several less comprehensive vehicle insurance policies to ensure you're paying only for the cover that you want.
- Warranty Insurance only covers your vehicle if you regularly make sure it is roadworthy and immediately replace any components that might fail or break.
- Several eligibility requirements that could make it tough to get the insurance you need for your vehicle.
- New for old vehicle replacement benefit only applies if you've had it insured with Eric from the first day you registered it.
How do I apply for Eric Insurance?
Once you've decided which type of cover you want and have made sure you meet the eligibility requirements listed on the Eric Insurance website, you can get a quote for it online. Make sure you:
- Know when you want the policy to start
- Have your driver's licence and vehicle registration
- Important information about your vehicle, like make and model
- Any other personal details required, like names and addresses of the registered drivers