BOQ Specialist Signature Credit Card with Qantas
Enjoy an introductory 20,000 bonus Qantas Points offer, airport lounge access and complimentary travel insurance.
The BOQ Specialist Signature is a rewards credit card that offers a bonus 20,000 Qantas Points when you apply, are approved and make 10 purchases in the first 2 months.
Balance transfer rate
Per $ spent (Visa/Mastercard)
|Product Name||BOQ Specialist Signature Credit Card with Qantas|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||20.5% p.a.|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate||Cash Advance Rate (20.5% p.a.)|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.5% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$400 p.a.|
|Interest free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.5% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Complimentary travel insurance||Yes|
|Minimum age||18 years of age|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Introductory 20,000 bonus Qantas Points
- Up to 1.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on purchases
- Airport lounge access and complimentary travel insurance
- Has a considerably high annual fee of $400
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||20,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (Visa/Mastercard)||1|
|Annual fee||$400 p.a.|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$0|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$0|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
Amy is an editor and writer at finder.com.au with more than 10 years experience covering credit cards, personal finance and various lifestyle topics. When she’s not sharing her knowledge on money matters, Amy spends her time as an actress.
How to apply
You can apply for the BOQ Specialist Signature credit card online or by calling the BOQ Specialist team on 1300 131 141. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details you need for the application.
- Minimum income. You must earn at least $120,000 per year.
- Professional. To apply for this card, you must be a medical, dental or veterinary professional, a student training in one of these professions or a qualified accountant.
- Residency. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, email address, contact number, residential address and postal address. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence number.
- Professional membership. BOQ Specialist has a number of partner associations that it supports, including the Australian Dental Association, Australian Medical Association, Australian Veterinary Association, General Practice Registrars Association and Certified Practising Accountants. If you're a member of one of the partner associations, you can include these details on the application.
- Frequent flyer number. During the application, you will be asked whether you want to earn Qantas or Velocity points. If you choose Qantas Points, you need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership details, including your member number and name.
- Employment details. This covers your current job title, term of employment, salary and employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips to help verify these details.
- Financial information. This includes any other forms of income, such as superannuation or investments, along with shares, savings and other assets. You also need to share details of any existing debts, loans, cards or other liabilities, as well as an estimate of your household spending on essentials such as groceries, mortgage payments and bills.
- 20,000 bonus Qantas Points. To take advantage of this bonus points offer, you must apply for the BOQ Specialist Signature, get approved, pay the full annual fee and then make 10 purchases within 60 days of account opening. You'll then receive the 20,000 bonus points within 2 months of meeting the spend requirement.
- Priority Pass lounge access. This card gives you a complimentary Priority Pass Standard Membership, with unlimited lounge visits for the primary cardholder. You can also bring one guest per lounge visit, free of charge. You should get your Priority Pass membership card and details in the mail within 15 days of getting the BOQ Specialist Signature card.
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. The BOQ Specialist Signature earns 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia, up to 10,000 points per month and 1 Qantas Points per $1 spent for the remainder of the month. It also earns 1.5 Qantas Point per $1 on eligible international spending, with no cap. Eligible spending covers most everyday purchases but excludes transactions such as cash advances, balance transfers, BPAY payments, account fees, payments to the ATO and other government transactions.
- Additional points for Qantas spending. This card offers 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 spent with Qantas when you pay for Qantas flights (with a QF flight number), Qantas Frequent Flyer membership fees or Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. This gives you a way to earn up to 2 points per $1 spent using your card.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. Enjoy complimentary comprehensive travel insurance and transit accident insurance for you and your family when you use this card to pay for your return travel tickets before leaving Australia. You can also get cover if you book your trip with Qantas Points or split the cost between Qantas Points and payment on your card.
- Domestic flight inconvenience insurance. Get cover for interstate holidays of up to 14 days when you use the BOQ Specialist Platinum card to pay the full cost of your return flights. If you're travelling with your spouse and/or eligible dependent children, they'll also get cover when their return flights are paid for with your card.
- Global hire car excess waiver costs. Use this card to pay for a hire car anywhere in the world and you'll get cover to help pay for collision excess fees that are charged during the hire period.
- Golfers' insurance. This card gives you complimentary cover against theft or accidental damage to your golf clubs, up to a maximum of $2,500 per year.
- Purchase insurance covers. Use the BOQ Specialist Signature to pay for purchases and get access to complimentary extended warranty cover, purchase protection insurance and a best price guarantee scheme.
- Visa benefits. Get access to pre-sale and exclusive, premium ticket offers through Visa Front Line Access, enjoy hotel perks such as upgrades through the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection, as well as access to a wide range of other travel, retail and entertainment offers via the Visa network. Plus, save time on bookings and shopping by taking advantage of the Visa concierge service.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The BOQ Specialist Platinum card has an annual fee of $400 p.a. Make sure you consider this cost when weighing up the potential value you'll get from points and perks.
- Purchase interest rate. While the 20.5% p.a. purchase rate on this card is similar to the rates on other frequent flyer credit cards, it will quickly add up if you carry a balance. So if you're planning to pay off purchases over a few months, you may want to look at low rate options as well.
- Interest free days. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay the full closing balance by the due date on your statement. Note that interest-free days are not available when you carry a balance transfer debt.
- Cash advance rate. An interest rate of 20.5% p.a. applies for cash advances from the date of the transaction.
- International transaction fee. A fee of 3.2% applies to transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency.