Boost your Qantas frequent flyer points, enjoy a host of premium benefits and save on costs with up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
At the time of applying for the BOQ Specialist Signature Credit Card, you have the choice of linking it to either the Qantas or Velocity frequent flyer programs. For the purpose of this review, we will focus on Qantas. If you’re interested in the Velocity option, please check out the Velocity review.
The BOQ Specialist Signature credit card with Qantas is designed for medical professionals and accountants. It provides cardholders with the ability to earn Qantas frequent flyer points on everyday purchases and includes a range of luxury services. This premium card includes complimentary travel insurance, a concierge service and Visa Front Line Access, Visa Luxury Hotel Collection, Priority Pass airport lounge access and up to 55 interest-free days.
|Product Name||BOQ Specialist Signature Credit Card with Qantas|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.50% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$400 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.50% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$400 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $20, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$0|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||20,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of the BOQ Specialist Signature Credit Card with Qantas
- Earn Qantas points. You can earn 1 Qantas point for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia up to 10,000 points per statement period, and 0.5 points per $1 thereafter. You can also earn 1 point per $1 spent on eligible BOQ Specialist finance contracts and 1.5 points for every $1 spent on eligible international purchases.
- Earn additional Qantas points. You can earn 1 additional Qantas point for every $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services within Australia.
- Bonus Qantas points. Get 20,000 bonus Qantas points if you use your Signature credit card 10 times in the first 2 months.
- Complimentary travel insurance. This card gives you up to 90 days of insurance when you use it to buy return tickets travel tickets. It also offers coverage for your spouse or dependent children when they travel with you.
- Travel benefits. This card offers Priority Pass airport lounge access and exclusive offers through the Visa Luxury Hotel Collection. You are also entitled to 15% off the Visa Airport SpeedPass which lets you speed up immigration at more than 280 international airports.
Features of the BOQ Specialist Signature Credit Card with Qantas
- Annual fee. The annual fee for this card is $400.
- Interest rate. Purchases, cash advances and balance transfers all attract an interest rate of 20.5% p.a. (variable).
- Up to 55 interest-free days. Enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases and other debits (except cash advances and balance transfers) if you pay your monthly closing balance in full by the due date on your statement.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit on this card is $15,000.
- Complimentary insurance covers. In addition to travel insurance cover, you are eligible for purchase protection insurance for items you buy with this card.
- Concierge service. Take advantage of Visa’s worldwide concierge service when you need travel recommendations or assistance with local events.
- Visa Front Line Access. Enjoy entertainment offers including pre-sale and member promotions on tickets for live shows, concerts and sporting events.
- Personalised service. Get a 24/7 personalised assistance from the client service centre when needed.
- Enhanced card security. Orion protects your account from fraudulent transactions by monitoring your account 24/7, while Verified by Visa offers extra security for your online transactions.
- Contactless Visa payWave and global ATM network. Visa payWave lets you use your credit card without needing to swipe it. Simply wave it in front of a Visa payWave reader to make in-store transactions under $100. Your card is also accepted at more than 29 million locations globally, including more than 1.9 million ATMs.
- Split statements. You can get multiple cards under one account for business and personal purposes and split up your statements for easier administration.
- Simplified finances. Your credit card is compatible with popular accounting systems such as XERO and MYOB for ease of management.
- SMS alerts. You can track your ongoing expenditure by requesting alerts for transactions over a certain amount, or when you are approaching or have exceeded a specified limit.
How to apply for the BOQ Specialist Signature Credit Card with Qantas
You can download an application from the BOQ Specialist website, and you can then send the completed application by mail or fax. Alternatively, you can call BOQ on 1300 131 141. Before applying, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a medical, dental, veterinary professional or qualified accountant (current students and graduates excluded).
- You are at least 18 years old and have a driver’s licence or passport.
- You are an Australian resident.
You will have to provide various forms of information and documentation to support your application, including the following.
- Personal, identification, and contact details
- Employment details
- Financial details about your income, assets, and liabilities
- Current passport and/or driver’s licence
- Medicare card
- Copies of two recent payslips. Self-employed individuals have to submit copies of financial statements for the last two years, and retired applicants have to provide copies of tax returns for the last two years.
If you are a professional looking for a credit card that provides first-rate travel perks and Qantas frequent flyer points, the BOQ Specialist Signature Credit Card is worth considering. However, we always encourage you to compare your options before deciding, since there could be an even more suitable card for you out there.Back to top