BCU Dream Saver
BCU customers aged between 13 and 24 are eligible for the online-only Dream Saver account with an interest rate of 0.9%
A savings account like the BCU Dream Saver is ideal for encouraging young people to develop good savings habits. The Dream Saver is an online savings product available to BCU customers between 13 and 24 years old. You can access and manage your account via internet, mobile and telephone banking.
How is my interest calculated?
The variable interest rate on this account is 0.9% for balances up to $29,999. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly.
Eligibility to open a Dream Saver
This account is available to individuals between 13 and 24 years old. Customers interested in opening the Dream Saver account must be existing BCU members with another product open in their name.
$0 Minimum balance
There's no minimum balance required to open this account.
Online access to the account
This savings account is managed remotely. You can conduct transactions via internet, phone and mobile banking. This account type doesn't allow for over-the-counter or ATM transactions. Account holders won't be issued debit or credit cards.
Covered by the Government Guarantee
The capital guaranteed for this account is up to $250,000.
Account statements are provided every six months. You can contact your branch if you require information before the date of issue.
How to applyOn the "Access and products" page, click on "Open" under the Dream Saver product description. You can also go to the iBank page where you'll be asked to enter your member login and password. Here's what you need to know when applying for a DreamSaver account:
- Age. This account is available to BCU customers aged between 13 and 24.
- Proof of residence. Only Australian residents can apply for this account, so you'll be asked to supply proof of an Australian address. If you don't live in Australia, call the BCU helpline for assistance.
- Minimum deposit. There's no minimum deposit amount required to open a Dream Saver account.
- Contact details. You will be asked to provide a contact number and an email address. BCU will get in touch once your application has been approved.
- Identification. Whether applying in person or online, you'll be asked to present some identification. This can include your Australian passport, driver's licence and/or Medicare card.
- Tax file number. Important: you have the option of whether or not to disclose your tax file number. Keep in mind that if you don't claim an exemption, the tax will be subtracted from your interest.
- Security. Online applicants will be asked to provide an ID password to ensure that online activity is protected. If you'd like more information on what happens with your personal information, be sure to read through BCU's Privacy Information Statement.
What happens after I submit my application?
Once your personal information has been vetted by an external verification body and your account is approved, BCU will contact you via phone or SMS with your new account details.