Bank of us Visa Credit Card
Get up to 57 days interest-free on purchases and a low variable interest rate.
The Bank of us Visa Credit Card is a no-frills credit card that you can use at more than 24 million outlets worldwide. This card offers up to 57 interest-free days on purchases during each statement period when you pay your balance in full. You can link this card with up to 2 other Bank of us accounts and minimise the number of cards you carry. Bank of us offers modest benefits with this card — find out more about them below.
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Bank of us Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate||9.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||57 days|
|Cash advance rate||9.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Low interest rate of 9.99% p.a. on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances
- $39 annual fee will be waived when you spend $8,000 per year
- Up to 57 days interest-free on purchases
- Charges $20 on late payment fees
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||2.5%|
|Cash advance fee||5%|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Number of additional cardholders||2|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
How to applyYou can apply for the Bank of us Visa Credit Card online, or by visiting any Bank of us branch.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Residency. You are a resident of Tasmania.
- Personal details. Including your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact information, marital status and number of financial dependents.
- Employment. Confirm your current place of employment and provide your employer's contact information.
- Finances. Details about your existing financials like income, loans, credit cards, and overdrafts.
- Low rate. The Bank of us Visa has a low variable rate of 9.99% on purchases and balance transfers. Cash advances and BPAY payments also attract a competitive rate of 9.99%
- Interest-free days. You can get up to 57 interest-free days on purchases if your pay your account's closing balance in full by the due date listed on your statement.
- Link multiple accounts. You have the ability to link 2 more Bank of us accounts to this credit card. Access your credit limit and your own funds with the convenience of just carrying just one card.
- Contactless payments. This card allows you to make contactless payments up under $100 at merchants who accept Visa cards and support this technology.
- Online card security. When you use your Bank of us Visa Card for online transactions, you receive protection through Visa Secure, an online security program. This means you may be taken through an extra step to verify your purchases when you're shopping online with participating retailers.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card attracts an annual fee of $39 p.a. If you spend more than $8,000 annually, Bank of us will waive the annual fee.
- Additional cards. You can nominate up to 2 individuals to receive additional cards. These individuals should be over 16 years of age and Bank of us clients. You remain liable for all transactions made using additional cards linked to your primary card.
- Balance transfers. Bank of us treats balance transfers the same way as purchases, meaning you can manage your repayments easily with all the debt you have on your card.