Get up to 57 days interest-free on purchases and pay a low ongoing rate
The Bank of us Visa Credit Card is a no-frills credit card that you can use at more than 24 million outlets the worldwide. This card offers as many as 57 interest-free days on purchases. You can link this card with up to 2 other Bank of us accounts and minimise the number of cards you carry. Bank of us offers a wide number of benefits with this card — find out more about them on the page below.
|Product Name||Bank of us Visa Credit Card|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||9.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$39 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 57 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||9.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$39 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||3% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||$5|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||2|
Bank of us Visa Credit Card review
If you’re looking for a basic credit card that charges a low ongoing rate, take a look at what the Bank of us Visa Credit Card has to offer. If you use this card in the right manner you can get up to 57 interest-free days on purchases. You can also access your funds and account-related information in various ways.
Benefits of the Bank of us Visa Credit Card
- Low rate. This basic credit card doesn't offer premium features, and this is why it manages to charge a low ongoing rate of 9.99% p.a. on purchases. Its cash advance rate, currently 9.99% p.a. is also very competitive.
- Annual fee wavier. If you spend more than $8,000 annually, Bank of us will waive the $39 annual fee.
- Link multiple accounts. You have the ability to link 2 more Bank of us accounts to this credit card. Access your credit limit and your own funds with the convenience of just carrying just one card.
Bank of us Visa Credit Card features
- Annual fee. This card attracts a nominal annual fee of $39 p.a.
- Interest-free days. You can get up to 57 interest-free days on purchases if your pay your account’s closing balance in full by the due date mentioned on your statement. This applies to balance transfers, too.
- Balance transfers. Bank of us treats balance transfers the same way as purchases, meaning you can manage your repayments easily with all the debt you have on your card.
- Additional cards. You can nominate up to 2 individuals to receive additional cards. These individuals should be over 16 years of age and Bank of us clients. You remain liable for all transactions made using additional cards linked to your primary card.
- Visa payWave. This card is payWave enabled, which allows you to make contactless payments up under $100 at merchants who support this technology.
- Online card security. When you use your Bank of us Visa Card for online transactions, you receive protection through Verified by Visa, an online security program.
How to apply for the Bank of us Visa Credit Card
You can apply for the Bank of us Visa Credit Card online, or by visiting any Bank of us branch.
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are not a US citizen or Politically Exposed Person
- Your personal information and contact details
- The contact details of a relative or friend who doesn't live with you
- Your current employer’s contact details
- Details about existing your existing financials like income, loans, credit cards, and overdrafts
Consider applying for this credit card if you’re not looking for much other than a low ongoing rate and a balance transfer offer, but given that other cards offer these features, comparing the Bank of us Visa Card with a few others is in your best interest.Back to top