Bank of Melbourne BusinessVantage Visa Credit Card
New cardholders can manage business spending with a low purchase rate of 9.99% and additional cards for employees.
The Bank of Melbourne BusinessVantage Visa is a low rate credit card that offers up to 10 cards linked to the one account and complimentary unauthorised transaction insurance.
It also allows you to share responsibility for the account among joint business owners and partners.
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne BusinessVantage Visa|
|Purchase rate||9.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||17.15% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Charges a competitive 9.99% p.a. purchase rate
- Up to 9 additional credit cards for your employees
- Complimentary insurance against unauthorised transactions
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$55|
|Number of additional cardholders||9|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for credit cards and has more than 13 years’ experience writing about personal finance. She has bylines in publications including The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and The Equity Magazine. A passionate writer, she’s also acting editor for Finder X and senior writer for Finder Green. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not writing she spends her time as an actress.
The account also offers detailed statements and optional summaries by department or division – features which could be useful for expense reports and financial management across your business. Another key detail of this card is that it offers joint and several liability for the account. This means you can share responsibility between co-owners or partners in the business, rather than holding just one person responsible (as you would with a personal liability business credit card).
How to apply
You can apply for the Bank of Melbourne BusinessVantage Visa credit card by calling 13 82 66 or visiting a branch. Get started now by going through the following eligibility criteria and making sure you have the relevant documents and details for the application form.
- Business details. You must have a business registered in Australia and must intend to use the card mainly for business spending.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, contact details and a valid form of ID. You also need to provide basic details for each person that is getting an additional card linked to the account.
- Business details. This covers your business name and address, as well as the ABN (Australian Business Number), ACN (Australian Company Number), ARBN (Australian Registered Body Number) or ARSN (Australian Registered Scheme Number). You also need to provide financial details for your business, such as the annual turnover, profit and loss statements and contact details for your accountant.
- Employment details. This includes your employment status, your salary and contact details. If you're self-employed, you may be required to provide additional information such as your accountant's contact details.
- Assets and liabilities. This includes any other income or assets – such as shares or savings – as well as existing debts, loans or other financial liabilities.
- Competitive purchase rate. Manage your cash flow with a low variable rate of 9.99% p.a. for purchases (new cards only).
- Up to 55 days interest-free. Get interest-free days on purchases when you pay the full closing balance on your statement by the due date.
- Up to 10 cards linked to the account. Keep track of business spending and manage expenses with up to 9 additional cards for employees.
- Business expense reporting. Bank of Melbourne offers comprehensive business credit card statements, with optional summaries by department, so that you can view and manage your business expenses.
- Complimentary insurance. This card gives you access to complimentary insurance for unauthorised transactions that could be made by additional cardholders.
- Visa benefits. Enjoy contactless payments at the checkout and get access to exclusive Visa offers on travel, shopping and entertainment.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. There is an annual fee of $55 p.a. per card for the Bank of Melbourne BusinessVantage account.
- Cash advance rate. This card has a standard variable interest rate of 17.15% p.a. for cash advance transactions. Note that cash advances are ineligible for interest-free days.
- Cash advance fee. If you use this card to withdraw cash, you will be charged 2%.
- Foreign transaction fee. A fee worth 3% applies for any transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency.