The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Qantas Signature Card offers a mix of points and other perks that will appeal to frequent flyers. Right now, it offers a bonus 90,000 Qantas Points when you apply by 30 April 2024 and spend at least $6,000 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days from card approval. That's enough for a return business class flight from Melbourne to Cairns (83,000 points).
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Qantas Signature Card
- Bonus points
- Purchase rate
- 19.49% p.a.
- Reward points per $ spent
- Annual fee
- $370 p.a.
90,000 bonus Qantas Points
0% p.a. on balance transfers for 24 months
Earn 0.75 Qantas Point per $1 spent
Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge passes per year
Includes complimentary overseas travel insurance, purchase security insurance and extended warranty insurance
Charges a 1% balance transfer fee
Both the purchase rate and cash advance rate are relatively high
3% foreign currency conversion fee
|Bank of Melbourne Amplify Qantas Signature
|Balance transfer rate p.a.
|0% for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee, then 21.49%
|Balance transfer limit
|80% of available limit
|Purchase rate p.a.
|Up to 55 days on purchases
|Cash advance rate p.a.
|Min credit limit
|Max credit limit
|Available to temporary residents
|Yes - Conditions apply
|Qantas Frequent Flyer
|Rewards points per $ spent
|Rewards points cap
|Minimum monthly repayment
|2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater
|Late payment fee
|Foreign currency conversion fee
|Cash advance fee
|Overseas cash advance fee
|3% of each cash advance amount
|Additional cardholder fee
|Number of additional cardholders
How to applyYou can apply for the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Qantas Signature Card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you start, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents to complete the application.
- New cardholder. This offer is only available to new customers who have not held a Bank of Melbourne, St.George or BankSA Amplify Platinum or Signature Credit Card in the past 12 months.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you're planning to take advantage of the balance transfer, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your approved credit limit but cannot transfer balances from existing BankSA, Bank of Melbourne, or St.George credit cards.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal information. Including your full name, date of birth, contact details, residential address, marital status and number of financial dependents.
- Proof of identification. You can verify your identity with an Australia driver's licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Income and employment. Include your annual income with recent payslips or bank statements. You'll also need to confirm your current place of employment and provide your employer's contact details.
- Finances. This includes your assets (such as savings and investments) and liabilities (such as existing debts).
- Qantas Frequent Flyer number. To ensure your Qantas Points are credited to your account, you need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number.
- Balance transfer information. If you are transferring a balance from another card(s), you will need to provide the card number(s), issuer(s) and the amount(s) you want to transfer.
- Bonus Qantas Points. Earn 90,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply for a BoM Amplify Qantas Signature card by 30 April 2024, are approved and spend $6,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days from approval. Bonus points will be credited to the account within 12 weeks of meeting the spend requirement.
- Balance transfer offer. New customers who apply by 30 April 2024 can take advantage of a 0% p.a. interest rate for the first 24 months on balance transfers, with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. After the promotional period, any balance remaining will be charged at the variable cash advance rate. Note that you will not earn Qantas Points on balance transfers.
- Earn Qantas Points. You'll earn 0.75 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $250,000 per year (bonus Qantas Points not included in the cap). Plus, with Qantas Frequent Flyer Program partners, you'll earn points twice: once with your card and once with the partner.
- Qantas Lounge passes. You can relax before your flight in style with 2 complimentary Qantas Lounge invitations per year. The perks vary between lounges, but you can usually look forward to Wi-Fi, complimentary food and beverages plus comfortable seating in a relaxed atmosphere. You can register for your passes through the Bank of Melbourne website.
- Birthday bonus points. You'll receive an additional 10% of the points earned in the last 12 months within 4 weeks of your birthday. Note that bonus points offers do not factor into the birthday bonus.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. This travel insurance is eligible for persons up to the age of 80 years. It covers the cardholder, spouse and dependent children. The insurance policy is provided when the cardholder pays for return tickets and prepaid travel costs worth $500 using the credit card. It covers medical expenses, unexpected cancellation and rental vehicle excess.
- Interstate flight inconvenience insurance. If you're travelling in Australia, you can get cover for things like loss or damage to personal items you have with you, flight delays of more than 4 hours and luggage delays of more than 12 hours. This cover is available for trips up to 14 days long when you have booked an interstate flight with your credit card.
- Purchase security insurance. Purchase security insurance covers personal goods that have been purchased using the Signature Amplify card anywhere in the world. This insurance policy covers against accidental damage, loss and theft.
- Extended warranty insurance. You can take advantage of extended warranty insurance of up to 12 months on the manufacturer's Australian warranty is simply an extension of the Australian warranty and this is applied when the goods purchased have a warranty of fewer than 5 years.
- Price guarantee cover. If you make a purchase and find the item at a cheaper price within 21 days, you can make a claim to receive a refund on the price difference. The price difference must be greater than $75 and is valid for stores within a 25km radius.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $370. This includes both $295 standard fee and $75 annual Qantas Rewards fee.
- Purchase interest rate. The variable purchase rate of the Amplify Signature is 19.49% p.a.
- Cash advances. Cash withdrawals and cash equivalent transactions accrue interest at the 21.49% p.a. variable cash advance interest rate. You'll also be charged a cash advance fee of 3% of each cash advance amount.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you use this card overseas or online with international merchants, you will be charged a 3% foreign currency conversion fee.
- Additional cardholder. You can earn more Qantas Points when you request an additional cardholder for $0. The cardholder must be at least 16 years old and the primary cardholder will be liable for transactions made with this card.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
August 14, 2023
Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $370. This includes both $295 standard fee and $75 annual Qantas Rewards fee.
If you already have paid Qantas flyer reward membership do you still have to pay this??
Amy Bradney-George Finder
August 18, 2023
Yes, you would still need to pay the annual Qantas Rewards fee, as this is separate to Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. You may want to compare other Qantas credit cards on Finder based on the annual fee and other details to help choose a card. I hope this helps.
Show more Show less
March 02, 2023
Hi. The BOM credit card says ‘eligible purchases”. What would not count as an eligible purchase? I’m think of booking a cruise and wondering if this would be considered an eligible purchase. Thanks for your advise. Much appreciated.
Sarah Megginson Finder
March 03, 2023
Yes, booking travel is likely to be accepted as an eligible purchase. Purchases that re not usually deemed to be “eligible” include things like:
There are a number of transactions that are generally deemed as ineligible. These tend to include things like:
– balance transfers
– BPAY transactions
– cash advances
– card and account fees
– gambling or gaming spends
– interest charges
Hope this helps!
Show more Show less
January 12, 2019
If one was an Amplify credit cardholder with another bank previously, are they still eligible to apply and receive the points with Bank of Melbourne?
January 14, 2019
Thank you for your comment.
According to the eligibility for the bonus points promotion, existing customers who currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer.
I hope this answered your inquiry. Should you wish to have real-time answers to your questions, try our chat box on the lower right corner of our page.
Show more Show less
October 14, 2018
If I apply for this card do I have to wait 12 months before using free lounge passes?
October 15, 2018
Thank you for getting in touch with finder.
Once you apply for this Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature card and get approved, you may use the complimentary Qantas lounge pass right away. Please note that cardholders receive 2 complimentary Qantas lounge passes only per year.
I hope this helps.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any other enquiries.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Show more Show less