Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature – Qantas
Earn 90,000 bonus Qantas Points with a new Amplify Signature card.
This premium frequent flyer card gives you a bonus 90,000 Qantas Points when you apply by 28 September 2021 and spend at least $6,000 on eligible purchases in the first 90 days from card approval. You can also take advantage of 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 15 months (with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee) when you request a balance transfer at the time of your application.
Per $ spent
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature - Qantas|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 15 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- 90,000 bonus Qantas Points
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 15 months
- Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge passes per year
- Includes complimentary overseas travel insurance, purchase security insurance and extended warranty insurance
- Charges a 1% balance transfer fee
- Both the purchase rate and cash advance rate are relatively high
- 3% foreign currency conversion fee
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.75|
|Rewards points cap||Uncapped|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to applyYou can apply for the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Signature - Qantas card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Before you start, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary documents to complete the application.
- New cardholder. This offer is only available to new customers who have not held a Bank of Melbourne, St.George or BankSA Amplify Platinum or Signature credit card in the past 12 months.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you're planning to take advantage of the balance transfer, you can transfer up to 80% of your approved credit limit but cannot transfer balances from existing BankSA, Bank of Melbourne, or St.George credit cards.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal information. Including your full name, date of birth, contact details, residential address, marital status and number of financial dependents.
- Proof of identification. You can verify your identity with an Australia driver's licence, Medicare card, passport, Australian birth certificate or NSW photo card.
- Income and employment. Include your annual income with recent payslips or bank statements. You'll also need to confirm your current place of employment and provide your employer's contact details.
- Finances. This includes your assets (such as savings and investments) and liabilities (such as existing debts).
- Qantas Frequent Flyer number. To ensure your Qantas Points are credited to your account, you need to provide your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number.
- Balance transfer information. If you are transferring a balance from another card(s), you will need to provide the card number(s), issuer(s) and the amount(s) you want to transfer.
- Bonus Qantas Points. Earn 90,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply for a BoM Amplify Signature - Qantas card by 28 September 2021, are approved and spend $6,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days from approval. Bonus points will be credited to the account within 12 weeks of meeting the spend requirement.
- Balance transfer offer. New customers who apply by 28 September 2021 can take advantage of a 0% p.a. interest rate for the first 15 months on balance transfers, with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee. After the promotional period, any balance remaining will be charged at the variable cash advance rate. Note that you will not earn Qantas Points on balance transfers.
- Earn Qantas Points. You will earn 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent in Australia and overseas, uncapped. Plus, with Qantas Frequent Flyer Program partners, you'll earn points twice: once with your card and once with the partner.
- Qantas Lounge passes. You can relax before your flight in style with 2 complimentary Qantas Lounge invitations per year. The perks vary between lounges, but you can usually look forward to Wi-Fi, complimentary food and beverages plus comfortable seating in a relaxed atmosphere. You can register for your passes through the Bank of Melbourne website.
- Birthday bonus points. You'll receive an additional 10% of the points earned in the last 12 months within 4 weeks of your birthday. Note that bonus points offers do not factor into the birthday bonus.
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance. This travel insurance is eligible for persons up to the age of 80 years. It covers the cardholder, spouse and dependent children. The insurance policy is provided when the cardholder pays for return tickets and prepaid travel costs worth $500 using the credit card. It covers medical expenses, unexpected cancellation and rental vehicle excess.
- Purchase security insurance. Purchase security insurance covers personal goods that have been purchased using the Signature Amplify card anywhere in the world. This insurance policy covers against accidental damage, loss and theft.
- Extended warranty insurance. You can take advantage of extended warranty insurance of up to 12 months on the manufacturer's Australian warranty is simply an extension of the Australian warranty and this is applied when the goods purchased have a warranty of fewer than 5 years.
- Price guarantee cover. If you make a purchase and find the item at a cheaper price within 21 days, you can make a claim to receive a refund on the price difference. The price difference must be greater than $75 and is valid for stores within a 25km radius.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $279 p.a.
- Purchase interest rate. The variable purchase rate of the Amplify Signature is 19.74% p.a.
- Cash advances. Cash withdrawals and cash equivalent transactions accrue interest at the 21.49% p.a. variable cash advance interest rate. You'll also be charged a cash advance fee of 2% or $10, (whichever is greater).
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you use this card overseas or online with international merchants, you will be charged a 3% foreign currency conversion fee.
- Additional cardholder. You can earn more Qantas Points when you request an additional cardholder for $0. The cardholder must be at least 16 years old and the primary cardholder will be liable for transactions made with this card.