Earn rewards worth getting, as well as competitive interest, with a Qudos Bank savings account.
Qudos Bank was formerly known as Qantas Credit Union, one of the largest in Australia with almost 100,000 members and a commitment to doing right by its members wherever possible. Qudos continues this vision, which you can see in the bank’s rewards programs, competitive interest rates and minimal fees.
Who is Qudos?
Qudos Bank was designed to put the customer first, which is borne out by the awards the company has won.
- Customer satisfaction rate of 90%. According to Roy Morgan research, Qudos Bank’s customer satisfaction rate of 90% is one of the highest in Australia.
- Minimal fees. No Qudos Bank savings account has monthly fees, and 86% of its members do not have to pay any monthly transaction fees.
- Competitive rates. Qudos beats bank rates in many ways, and publishes both its own rates and its competitors’ rates so you can clearly see the difference.
- Rewards. Hold more than $50,000 in deposits or loans with Qudos Bank and get a $100 transaction allowance each month to use at any ATM or EFTPOS terminal in Australia. If you become a member, you can also receive complimentary event tickets, discounts and access the Qudos Bank Arena member lounge.
- Flexible bonus points. Earn Qantas bonus points on a wide range of different banking products, including home loans, car loans, savings accounts and credit cards. With Qudos, you can get the right product for your needs as well as earn points.
What Qudos Savings Accounts are available?
The right savings account is one that lets you reach your goals sooner. For example, if you’re saving for a vacation you might consider a Qantas Points Saver account to help pay for the airfares. If you just want an all-in-one transaction and savings account with no monthly fees, the General Savings Account might be preferable.
In addition to these accounts, there are four other Qudos Bank savings accounts available.
|General Savings Account||Combined transaction and savings account||$0|
|Qantas Points Saver||Earn both Qantas points and interest||$0|
|Bonus Saver||Don’t make a withdrawal to earn bonus interest for the month||$0|
|Term Deposits||Guaranteed returns on fixed-term investments||$0|
|QSaver||Online savings and transaction account with bonus interest when your balance is over $500,000||$0|
|Cash Management Account||Deposit account with easy access to funds||$0|
Consider the distinguishing features of each account and find the one that helps you reach your savings goals sooner.
With all of these accounts, you can get the following benefits:
- No minimum deposit requirements to open an account, except with a term deposit
- Free transaction allowance when meeting account balance requirements
- Straightforward, no conditions interest earned. The exception is the Bonus Saver account, where you only earn bonus interest in months where you haven’t made a withdrawal.
- Online transactions as well as a mobile app
- Options to restrict access in order to facilitate saving
In addition to these benefits, each account provides its own individual benefits to help you reach your goals sooner.
- General Savings Account. Combined everyday transaction and savings account. Earn more interest by keeping all your funds in the same account and retain full access as needed. This account is the right choice if you want to save, but have unpredictable expenses or want to have more freedom with your spending.
- Qantas Points Saver. If you’re a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, then you can earn points with this account. If not, Qudos Bank can sign you up and pay your entry fee when you open a Qantas Points Saver account. If you want to become a Qantas Frequent Flyer, and earn points as well as variable interest, this account is right for you.
- Bonus Saver. This account has a base interest rate of only 0.05% p.a., but a competitive bonus rate of 2.35% p.a. for every month you don’t make any withdrawals. If you’re ready to manage your account to earn more interest, you should consider this account.
- Term Deposits. Find terms of 3 to 36 months, with minimum deposits of $2,000 and no maximums, and earn up to 3.00% p.a. interest on 36-month deposits of $10,000 or more. Qudos Bank term deposits are an effective way to earn guaranteed interest over a predictable term. If you have a clear savings goal in mind, a Qudos Bank term deposit account will help you get across the line.
- QSaver. It’s rare to find an all-in-one account with everything you want, but the Qudos Bank QSaver account might be the right choice, earning you interest of 2.00% p.a. when your balance is over $500,000, as well as 1.75% p.a. if your balance drops below that threshold. The QSaver account is an exceptional choice for people who want to earn more interest without committing to term deposits.
- Cash Management Account. Take closer control of your saving and spending with a cash management account. Earn 1.50% p.a. on all balances while enjoying no fixed term, no minimum deposit, no monthly account fees and a wide range of transaction options. Reduce costs further by maintaining a balance of $10,000 or more to earn a transaction allowance.
Using Qudos Bank online
Signing up with Qudos Bank can be an effective way to earn bonus airline points, so it’s not surprising that you can access your account online from anywhere in the world.
High-level security measures, including a unique picture identification process, are implemented on every electronic funds transfer to reduce the risk of identity theft and other fraud.
Through this secure system, you are able to conduct almost all of your transactions at any time of day, from anywhere in the world. True to form, Qudos has gone out of their way to make it easier with both basic and more advanced features, an intuitive interface and more ways to manage your money.
Is there a Qudos mobile app?
Yes! You can use the Qudos mobile app much like any major bank’s app, albeit with a degree of personalisation that may be unique to Qudos. Get an account dashboard for an overview of your savings, quickly check your balance, find your nearest ATM or bank branch and personalise your account for quicker and easier transactions.
Compatible with most Apple and Android phones or tablets, you can set up a separate security PIN to make sure your account stays safe, even when you bank on the go.
What are the pros and cons of a Qudos savings account?
- Qantas rewards program. Frequent flyers can open a Qantas Points Saver account to earn Qantas points alongside their regular interest.
- No monthly fees. No monthly fees are charged on savings accounts.
- Minimal transaction fees. Most (86%) Qudos Bank customers pay no transaction fees at all by taking advantage of the monthly transaction allowance earned when maintaining balance requirements. In many cases, you can make transactions without paying any fees.
- SMS and mobile banking. Through your smartphone, you can receive SMS alerts about chosen account transactions, activities and more with the Qudos app.
- Security. Qudos Bank is obligated to follow the same laws and regulations as the larger banks, such as a guarantee for your deposits of up to $250,000.
- Membership. Membership is required for Qudos Bank products, but this is included in the account signup process so you can simply compare accounts as usual.
How do I apply for a Qudos Bank account?
You can become a Qudos member by choosing a savings account, or other product, and comparing its features and downsides next to some of the alternatives.
Then, simply visit the Qudos Bank website to register, or sign up for a savings account with the links provided, and you can automatically register as a member.