We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Operating under the Bendigo – Adelaide Bank umbrella, you get the best of both worlds with Delphi Bank. Australians have the security and confidence that a big bank provides combined with the personalised services that only a smaller bank can offer.
Awards that Delphi Bank has earned
- Money Magazine’s Gold Award – Best of the Best Awards for Best Savings account in 2015 for the Midas Account.
Who is Delphi Bank?
Delphi Bank was formed in 2012 when Adelaide and Bendigo Banks acquired Bank of Cyprus Australia. Through them, members are able to save for a number of different needs. They offer savings products for big investors, young kids, and Australians who are trying to stay on budget. With access to an extensive ATM network and online banking features, you won’t miss the big bank name with Delphi Bank.
What is internet banking like for Delphi Bank?
The Delphi Bank internet facility saves you time by letting you bank wherever you are and whenever you need to so long as there is a connection to the web close by. With security measures that are equal to the highest standards in the industry you can rest assured that your money and activities are secure.
In order to use the features of Delphi Bank’s internet banking you will need to register for the service first. This is as simple as filling in a form and dropping it off at a local branch so that they can set up the account and issue you a special code for access.
Notable features include:
- Checking on account details and balances
- Paying bills through BPAY
- Viewing or printing statements and transaction records from the prior 60 days
- Transferring funds to an account in another financial institution
- Transferring funds to another Delphi Bank account
- Schedule your bill payments and transfers for up to the next 60 days
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
|Login Page||Accounts||Useful Tools|
What transaction accounts are offered by Delphi Bank?
- Liberty Account. Have the monthly fee waived for each month that you are able to deposit a combined total of $2,000 plus access to the account using a number of methods. This account can also be linked to a home loan if you want additional money saving benefits.
- Odyssey 55 Account. Designed for retirees over the age of 55 and pensioners, this fully equipped transaction account also pays you interest on your daily balance and pays it into your account money. You have the choice of a passbook, chequebook or linked debit card to make your transactions the way you are accustomed to.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by Delphi Bank?
- Savings Account. Keep your savings at the tip of your fingers with a savings account that also allows access using a linked debit card, chequebook and online banking. As a member, you will receive a number of fee free transactions each month to help ease the cost.
- Junior Smart Saver. Australians under the age of 18 can earn a high interest rate on their savings while still getting to spend their savings when they want. Once eligible, you can link your account to a debit card for even more flexibility.
- Passbook Account. A savings option for those over 55 who prefer to make transactions inside a Delphi Bank Branch. You are required to maintain a minimum monthly balance and your interest payments will be paid into the account every six months.
- Midas Account. The award winning Midas Account pays a high rate of interest on your investment, charges no monthly fee and allows you to make your transactions online or inside of a branch.
- Cash Management Account. A combination of interest earnings and full access, you will need to maintain a minimum balance of $2,000 monthly to take advantage of the higher rates and lower fees that are available with this account.
What term deposits are offered by Delphi Bank?
The fixed rate term deposit from Delphi Bank guarantees your return whether you choose terms of one month or five years. You can choose how often interest is paid into your nominated account including a monthly option if you want to add to your income.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of banking with Delphi Bank?
- Term deposit. You can start a higher interest earning term deposit account with a minimum investment of $1,000.
- Security. With advanced features for online banking you are able to allow multiple users access the account and still remain secure.
- ATM access. Delphi Bank is a part of both Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s ATM networks as well as rediATM.
- Competitive rates and fees. The interest rates you earn and account fees you pay are in line with what you find at other Australian banks.
- Minimum requirements. You will find that with some accounts you’re required to maintain a minimum balance requirement in order to receive the full benefits.
- Availability. The branch availability is limited to only 13, primarily in Victoria and New South Wales, which could make it difficult for those who are in need of personal service.
How do I apply for a Delphi Bank account?
For any of the accounts offered by Delphi Bank you will either need to visit a branch to apply, or fill out an online form for a representative to contact you. If you do decide to stop by a branch, you should take with you identification documents such as your passport, driver’s licence and a current utility bill. They will also ask for your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code, which you can choose not to provide. The age requirement will be determined by the type of account you are opening, as will the opening deposit requirement.
More guides on Finder
Delphi Bank Term Deposit
A Delphi Bank term deposit offers terms from 30 days to 5 years as well as tiered interest rates.
Delphi Bank Midas Account
If you have a specific savings goal that you want to meet fast, while not paying any account keeping or transaction fees, the Delphi Bank Midas account may be the right savings account for you. Look closely at the interest rates and terms being offered by other banks and choose the one that will get you to your big purchase quickest.
Delphi Bank Odyssey 55 Account
With a Visa debit card, a range of flexible account access options, interest-earning capabilities and no ongoing fees, the Delphi Bank Odyssey 55 Account makes it easy for you to manage your money in retirement.
Ask an Expert