Pay 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months and get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases.
No longer offered in the market
The Auswide Bank Low Rate Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of low interest rate credit cards here.
Auswide Bank Low Rate Mastercard review
This Low Rate Mastercard, as its name implies, charges a low ongoing rate on purchases, enabling you to save considerably in the form of interest in the long run, especially if you keep balances in your account rolling from one month to the next. If you use this card for balance transfers, you can make use of the discounted balance transfer rate, which can lead to further savings. The complimentary insurance covers that protect your purchases can also help.
Benefits of the Auswide Bank Low Rate Mastercard
- Low rate. The Auswide Bank Low Rate Mastercard charges a low ongoing interest rate on purchases, which currently stands at 12.99% p.a. Compare this with the higher interest rates that some cards charge to see how much you can end up saving.
- Balance transfer offer. If you want to transfer the outstanding balance of a card that charges a higher interest rate, you can make use of a promotional 0% p.a. rate that will remain for 12 months. Once the promotional period comes to a close, any leftover balance starts attracting the card’s cash advance rate.
- Convenient access to funds. This credit card, owing to it being a Mastercard, finds acceptance the world over, allowing you to make retail purchases and withdraw money from ATMs. This card also works when it comes to making online or over the phone purchases and bill payments.
- Mastercard Privileges. This service, made available to all Mastercard cardholders, gives you access to a number of local and international experiences across spheres like entertainment, travel, shopping, and dining.
Features of the Auswide Bank Low Rate Mastercard
- Annual fee. Applying for this Low Rate Mastercard before gives you the ability to keep paying a discounted annual fee of $49 for the life of your card - normally $75.
- Balance transfer offer. This card comes with a special 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers, and this rate stays in effect for the first 12 months.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account’s closing balance in its entirety before each due date, you can get ample time interest-free for your purchases – up to 55 interest-free days.
- Complimentary insurance covers. Purchases you make using this card receive protection through the guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance that come free with the card.
- Additional cardholders. You can apply for as many as 4 additional cards. Just keep in mind you remain liable for all transactions made using these cards.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit of this Low Rate Mastercard is $2,000, and the maximum can go up to $15,000. Your card’s limit depends on your financial situation and your ability to manage your repayments.
- Mastercard PayPass. A growing number of merchants across the world are turning to this technology, which allows you to make contactless payments. When you see the PayPass logo you can simply tap your card to pay for transactions under $100.
- Card security. The microchip technology this card uses provides protection every time you make use of it. SecureCode, an online program, provides extra security when your card details are used for online transactions.