American Express Qantas Corporate Platinum Card
Get 150,000 bonus Membership Rewards points when you meet the spend requirements, plus get a suite of Qantas perks.
The American Express Qantas Corporate Platinum card earns both Qantas Points and Membership Rewards for your eligible company spending – including triple Qantas Points on eligible Qantas flight bookings.
To collect the 150,000 bonus Membership Rewards offered on this card, you need to apply by 29 July 2020 and spend $15,000 within 2 months of card approval.
Per $ spent (American Express)
Interest free period
|Product Name||American Express Qantas Corporate Platinum Card|
|Rewards program||Membership Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||N/A|
|Annual fee||$1,200 p.a.|
|Interest free period||51 days|
|Card type||American Express|
|Complimentary travel insurance||No|
|Minimum age||18 years of age|
- 150,000 bonus Membership Rewards points
- Triple Qantas Points when you fly for business
- A choice of complimentary Qantas Club membership or a Qantas domestic return economy flight per year
|Rewards program||Membership Rewards|
|Bonus Points||150,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (AMEX)||2|
|Annual fee||$1,200 p.a.|
Amy Bradney-George is the acting editor for Finder X and a senior writer for credit cards and Finder Green. She has more than 13 years' experience as a journalist and writer, with bylines in publications including The Equity Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, ABC News and produce industry website FreshPlaza. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University, and when she’s not putting (virtual) pen to paper, she spends her time as an actress.
As well as Qantas benefits, this corporate charge card offers 2 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent (or 1 point per $1 spent on government spending), which can be redeemed through the Membership Rewards Spirit program or transferred to frequent flyer partners – including Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Business Rewards.
How to apply
You can apply for the American Express Qantas Corporate Platinum card by filling in a contact request form on the Amex website. Alternatively, you can call the specialist team on 1300 729 483 (Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm AEST). Get started by checking that you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
- Company turnover. Your company's annual turnover must be more than $10 million if you want to apply for an American Express corporate card.
- Business details. Your company must have an active ABN (Australian Business Number).
- Residency status. The director of your company needs to be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit checks. The company will be required to agree to a credit check as part of the application process. Individual cardholders linked to the account may also be required to consent to a credit check.
- Personal details. The business director or person with authority to apply for this corporate account needs to provide personal details such as their full name, work email address and contact number.
- Company details. This includes the registered name of the company, the company structure, its address and contact details.
- Financial details. You will need to provide the company's most recent yearly financial statements. You'll also need to include the name and contact details of your accountant.
- Employee details. If you want to request additional cards for employees, you'll need to include their names, contact details and positions in the company.
- 150,000 bonus Membership Rewards points. If you apply for the American Express Qantas Corporate Platinum card by 29 July 2020 and spend $15,000 on eligible purchases in the first 2 months from approval, you'll receive a bonus 150,000 Membership Rewards. These points will be credited to the company that set up the account within 90 days of meeting the spend criteria. Note that this offer is not available for companies who currently hold or who have previously held any American Express Corporate Card or American Express Qantas Corporate Card in the last 12 months.
- Triple Qantas Points on business flights. Use the American Express Qantas Corporate card to pay for eligible Qantas flights and you'll earn three times the number of Qantas Points through the Qantas Business Rewards program. Eligible flights include domestic and international Qantas flights with a QF flight number when they are operated by Qantas, Emirates or American Airlines and booked through Qantas Business Rewards.
- Complimentary Qantas Club membership or Qantas flight. This card offers you the choice of a complimentary Qantas Club membership or a return domestic economy flight with Qantas each year you have the account. This benefit is available for Qantas Corporate Platinum card members or an eligible individual nominated by the card member and must be redeemed before the end of each card membership year.
- Complimentary Qantas Business Rewards membership. The Qantas Business Rewards program offers points for eligible business spending, discounts on eligible Qantas flights and savings on Qantas Club memberships for employees. A joining fee of $89.50 usually applies but is waived for American Express Qantas Corporate Platinum card members.
- Membership Rewards Spirit. The American Express Qantas Corporate Platinum account allows you and any additional cardholders to collect 2 points per $1 spent on most purchases and 1 point per $1 spent with government bodies in Australia. You can redeem your points for travel, gift cards, merchandise and more directly through the Membership Rewards program or transfer the points to partner loyalty programs including Qantas Frequent Flyer, Qantas Business Rewards, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy.
- Travel booking service. Get access to a platinum travel service for help arranging business trips for you and your employees.
- American Express lounge passes. Enjoy two complimentary entries per year for the American Express lounges located in the international terminals at Sydney and Melbourne airports.
- Platinum concierge. This service is available 24/7 and can help with tasks including making restaurant reservations, changing travel plans at the last minute or finding a venue for business meetings and events.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Use this card to pay for travel bookings and you can get unlimited cover for medical emergencies, travel inconvenience insurance, business travel accident insurance and baggage insurance.
- Expense and account management tools. Keep track of expenses, check policy compliance and create a range of reports through the American Express @Work online platform. If you use Concur for expense claims, you can also sync the ExpenseIt app with your Amex app and get reminders to capture an image of relevant receipts.
Business benefits in 2020
New and existing American Express Qantas Corporate Platinum card members can get extra value in 2020 with the following benefits:
- Anniversary business credit. Existing Business Platinum card members with a membership anniversary in 2020 will get a $400 business credit.
- Idea Exchange. Access business grants, online mentoring and online masterclasses designed to support your business.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. The American Express Qantas Corporate Platinum charge card has an annual fee of $1,200.
- Spending limit. This card has no pre-set spending limit. Instead, purchases will be approved based on a range of factors including your current spending patterns, payment history and credit record.
- Repayments. As this is a charge card, there is no interest rate on the balance. Instead, you have up to 51 days to pay off purchases. The actual amount of days you have to settle payments is calculated based on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
- Security features. As well as cover for unauthorised transactions, this card offers online fraud protection and worldwide emergency card replacement within 48 hours.