Valuable tips for cheap, affordable recreation.
Many people these days feel as though they get very little spare time to chill out and enjoy themselves. When we do get spare time we like to enjoy recreational activities that fit in with our tastes and preferences but which also fit in with our budgets. Money is something that
has a big impact on the type of recreational activities that we get to enjoy but these days there is plenty to keep you busy and entertained that does not cost a fortune.
Affordable recreation is something that many people want to be able to enjoy, whether this is something that they do alone or with their friends or family members. Of course, the type of recreational activities that you get involved in will depend on your preferences, abilities and circumstances. For example, if you are young and single your recreational activities and preferences are likely to differ from someone who is older and married with kids or from someone who has retired.
No matter, what sorts of activities you enjoy when recreating, there are ways to enjoy a varied range of activities and entertainment to suit your needs without having to pay a fortune. In fact, you can enjoy many great recreational activities that will suit your needs either very cheaply or in some cases free of charge.
Some examples of saving money on recreational pastimes and activities
We all have different tastes and preferences regarding recreational activities and pastimes. However, no matter what sorts of activities you enjoy, putting a little thought into it will help you to find ways of saving money without having to reduce your enjoyment. Some examples of saving money on your favourite pastimes can be found below:
- Movies: For some people, going to the movies is a favourite pastime. However, doing this on a regular basis can prove costly. As an alternative, you can arrange movie nights either with your family or your friends. You can all club together to get some DVDs, snacks and drinks in and then you can settle down to watch some of your favourite movies without the need for each of you to pay for a ticket to get entry to a movie
- Going out for meals: Going out to eat can be a wonderful way to relax but doing it too often can be very costly. If you enjoy going out with friends for meals, try cooking for one another and opting for dinner parties hosted by a different person in the group each week or month. This can work out far cheaper and can turn out to be more fun, as you are less restricted than you would be in a crowded restaurant
- Outdoor activities: If you enjoy outdoor recreational activities with your friends, your family, or even on your own, there are plenty of ways to enjoy the great outdoors free of charge. You can enjoy anything from a bike ride in the countryside to walks, hiking or even a picnic in the summer – all at little to no cost
- Exercising: Many people enjoy exercising in their spare time, which for some people means heading off to the gym, which usually means costly membership fees. If you want to stay healthy, get fit, enjoy exercising but also want to save money, you can opt for alternatives such as heading to different local areas such as parks to enjoy walking, cycling, running, or even exercising at home using DVDs or fitness games that come with the various games consoles
- Travelling: Travelling is a hugely popular recreational pastime for people of all ages but it is not viable to keep travelling to places abroad if you are on a budget. Instead of paying for costly flights and accommodation when you want to get away for a few days, consider affordable alternatives such as going camping for a few days or heading to a destination in your own country rather than paying for flights to go abroad – there are probably plenty of places that you have yet to discover within your own country!
If course, the above is just a handful of the types of recreational activities that people enjoy at different stages of their lives or throughout their lives. We all want to make the most of our spare time but also have to mindful about the cost of the activities and pastimes that we enjoy. Using a little imagination and looking at alternatives can make a big difference to the amount that you will spend on the types of recreation that you enjoy. You can even use the internet to get great deals on days out and great ideas on recreational activities to enjoy in your local area so you won't have to travel far or spend a lot of money to make the most of your time.
standard variable rate
Savings Account Offer
Introductory rate of 3.00% p.a. for 4 months, reverting to a rate of 2.10% p.a. The bonus rate offer is for new AMP Saver customers only, and applies to the first $250,000 deposited.
- Maximum Rate: 3.00% p.a.
- Standard Variable Rate: 2.10% p.a.
- Introductory period: 4 months
- Monthly fees: $0.00
Compare accounts below
Rates are displayed for the terms and minimum deposit sizes listed in the table above. The rate you receive could vary depending on your deposit size and interest payment frequency.