The Suncorp Everyday Basics Account is a convenient transaction account for all your day-to-day spending, bills and expenses. This account allows you to withdraw money for free at Suncorp ATMs, and it charges no monthly account keeping fees or Suncorp transaction fees.
Use Apple Pay or Google Pay to make secure, contactless payments with your smartphone from this account without using your debit card.
What are the features of the Suncorp Everyday Basics Account?
Compare the features of this account with other transaction accounts in the market.
No monthly account-keeping fee.
Suncorp Bank does not charge you an account keeping fee for the Everyday Basics Account.
Easy access to your account.
You can access your money through an ATM, EFTPOS, BPAY, Internet banking, phone banking, mobile banking or at a Suncorp Bank branch.
Linked Visa Debit Card with Visa PayWave.
You'll receive a free Visa Debit Card linked to your account, giving you the power to shop and make withdrawals around the world wherever Visa is accepted. If you are under 16, you’ll receive a Suncorp Bank transaction card instead of the Visa debit card.
PayWave is a feature of the Visa Debit Card that allows you to make point-of-sale purchases of under $100 by simply waving the card in front of the reader. This feature is free of any extra fees and is available anywhere Visa is accepted.
No ATM fees at Suncorp ATMs.
Pay no ATM withdrawal fees at more than 3000 Suncorp and rediATMs Australia wide. If you use an ATM outside of this network, the ATM provider may charge you for the transaction. Note that you can withdraw money at any ATMs owned by the Big Four banks for free also.
Overseas ATM fees and international transaction fees apply.
Using ATMs overseas will incur a $5 charge per transaction from Suncorp Bank, plus any fees charged by the ATM provider. Plus, you'll be charged an international transaction fee of 3% of the transaction value.
Mobile app available.
You can bank online by downloading the Suncorp Bank app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play. The app gives you access to your recent transactions and balance, as well as allowing you to make transfers and pay bills on the go.
Apple Pay and Google Pay available.
This account supports Apple Pay or Google Pay, allowing you to use your eligible iOS or Android device to make secure, contactless payments with your phone.
- $0 account keeping fee
- No Suncorp transaction fees
- Free ATM withdrawals at 3000+ Suncorp and rediATMs
- Apple Pay and Google Pay available
- International transaction fee applies
- International ATM withdrawal fee applies
How do I apply for the Suncorp Everyday Basics Account?
You can apply for this account online in a matter of minutes.
- Minimum age. You must be at least 11 years of age to apply for the Everyday Basics Account online.
- Residency requirements. You must be an Australian permanent resident for tax purposes and have an Australian residential address.
- Depository requirements. You are not required to make a minimum deposit when opening this account.
- Tax file number (TFN). You don’t to provide your TFN or your tax exemption details, but doing so will enable the bank to accurately withhold your tax on interest earnings if you also plan on opening a savings account. Without this, they are obligated by law to withhold tax at the highest marginal rate.
- Identification. Single applicants may be able to use their passport or driver’s licence for identity verification. If you’re applying for a joint account, you’ll be asked to visit your local branch to complete this portion of the application.
A BSB and account number will be emailed to you immediately after applying for the account, along with a temporary access code for online banking. Once your identity has been verified, that account will become active and your Visa debit card will be mailed to your address.