Spend in multiple currencies and avoid hefty travel money costs with the Suncorp Cash Passport Travel Card.
The Suncorp Cash Passport Travel Card could be a convenient way to spend and manage your holiday budget. Load the card with funds and spend like a local in up to 10 different currencies. You can also save on international transaction fees when you make a purchase or withdrawal.
The Suncorp Travel Money Card comes with the worldwide acceptance of MasterCard, and the Cash Passport is issued with a backup card in case the first is lost or stolen. Learn more about the Suncorp Cash Passport Travel Money Card below.
|Available Currencies||AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, THB, CAD, HKD, JPY, SGD|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card||Yes|
|Number of Cards Issued||2|
|Minimum Load Amount||$100|
|Maximum Load Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Annual Load Amount||$100,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$3,000|
|24 Hour POS Transaction Limit||$15,000|
|Initial Load Fee||1.1% of the initial load / reload amount or $15, whichever is greater|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||USD 2.50, EUR 2.50, GBP 2.00, NZD 3.50, THB 80.00, CAD 3.50, HKD 18.00, JPY 260.00, SGD 3.50, AUD 3.50|
|Monthly Inactivity Fee|
after 12 months inactivity
|Transaction Fee for Purchases||$0|
|Card Replacement Fee||$0|
|Currency Conversion Fee||0%|
|BPay Reload fee||1% of the reload amount|
|Negative Balance Fee||$0|
|Account Closing Fee||$10|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Reloading funds and currencies
You can load up to 10 different currencies to the Suncorp Cash Passport Travel Card. These include:
- US dollar (USD)
- Great British pound (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Thai baht (THB)
- Singapore dollar (SGD)
- Hong Kong dollar (HKD)
- Australian dollar (AUD)
You can purchase this card online or by visiting any Suncorp branch. You can reload your card by logging into the Suncorp Cash Passport online portal, through BPAY or by visiting any Suncorp branch. The funds you load onto the card will be locked into the exchange rate that applies at the time of loading. This means that you’ll know exactly how much money you have without the interference of fluctuating exchange rates.
Currency default order
When you use this card to make a payment in a currency not held on the card, it relies on a default order of priority. So if you don’t have the local currency loaded or supported on your card, your funds will be debited from your currency wallets in the following order (depending on which have funds loaded in them):
1. AUD 2. USD 3. EUR 4. GBP 5. NZD 6. THB 7. CAD 8. HKD 9. JPY 10. SGD
The minimum you can load to this card is $100. The maximum is $100,000.
Where can you use this travel card?
You can use your Suncorp Cash Passport Travel Card at over 35.9 million locations around the world, which include around 2.1 million ATMs. To use your card, all you have to do is look for the MasterCard logo. This means you can use this card to shop and pay bills at restaurants and hotels. Plus, you can use the card when shopping on international websites.
Due to political and economic sanctions, you cannot use this card in countries such as North Korea, Taiwan, Syria, Sudan and Cuba.
If you travel to a region that uses a currency the card does not support, it relies on the default order of priority to process transactions.Back to top
Fees and charges
All of the fees and charges are charged in Australian dollars. The fees you can expect include:
|Fees and charges||Amount|
|Initial card fee and branch reload fee||1.1% of the load amount or $15 (whichever is greater)|
|Online portal reload fee||$0|
|BPAY reload fee||1% of the reload amount|
|International ATM withdrawal fee||$0 (some ATM operators may charge a fee)|
|Domestic ATM withdrawal fee||2.95% of the withdrawn amount|
|Currency conversion fee||5.95% if you pay in an unloaded or unsupported currency.|
|Cash over the counter fee||$10|
|Monthly inactivity fee||$4 (charged if you don’t use your card for 12 consecutive months)|
|Secondary card fee||$0|
|Replacement card fee||$0|
|Negative balance fee||$20|
Getting your card
It’s easy and free to order your Suncorp Cash Passport.
- Ordering. You can order your card online for free by visiting the Suncorp Bank Multi-Cash Currency portal. Otherwise, you can visit your nearest Suncorp Branch and pick up a Cash Passport for $15.
- Activating. Once you’ve received your card, visit the online portal and select ‘My Account’ and follow the prompts to register your Cash Passport. After you’ve registered your card, you’ll be able to view the balance, move your funds between currencies and see your recent transactions.
- Loading. There are three different ways you can load and reload your card:
- Online portal. You can reload your funds for free via the online portal. You’ll just need to select ‘Top Up Card’ once you’ve logged into your online portal and then follow the prompts to generate an invoice to pay with BPAY. This will be emailed to you. You can pay via BPAY using the Biller Code 303941. You’ll receive your unique customer number in the reload confirmation email.
- BPAY. You can use the BPAY reload details on the bank of your card to top up your card, but you’ll be charged a 1% fee of the reload amount.
- In-branch. You can reload your card at your local Suncorp Bank branch, but it will cost $15. You can expect the funds to arrive in your account within two business days.
Manage your card
- Online account. You can manage your Suncorp Cash Passport account with ease on the go via the online portal. You’ll need your card number and PIN to access your online account. Once you’ve logged in, you can move your funds between the supported currencies, check your balance, view your PIN and see your transaction history.
- Closing the account. If you have remaining funds on the card when you return to Australia, you can either spend or withdraw it at local ATMs or close your account and deposit leftover funds into your nominated account. Simply log onto the Suncorp Bank Multi-Cash Currency portal for steps on how to cash out. A $10 fee is charged if you want to close your account and cash out any remaining value on the card.
Security and emergency contact details
This card is protected by chip and PIN security. If your main card is lost or stolen, all it takes is a phone call to cancel the card and activate the backup card. If you've ever lost your debit card or credit card while travelling, then you should be able to appreciate the convenience of having a backup card ready to use if the first is lost or stolen. If you need to report a security issue, contact Suncorp on 13 11 75.Back to top
Benefits and drawbacks
- Multiple currencies. If your travel takes you to multiple countries, this card lets you load up to 10 major currencies.
- Additional card. You get a spare card along with the original card. You can use it if you end up losing or damaging the primary card.
- No transaction fees. When you use this card to make payments in a supported currency, you don’t have to pay any transaction fees.
- Reload fee. While reloading your card online using the Suncorp Cash Passport portal does not attract any fees, you have to pay fees if you reload via BPAY or by visiting a branch.
- Purchase fee. If you want to pick up your card in-store, you’ll need to pay $15.
The Suncorp Cash Passport Travel Card could be a useful way to spend in multiple currencies on your next holiday. However, as this isn’t the only multi-currency card on the market, compare a few before applying.
Frequently asked questions
How do I check my travel card balance?
To check your Suncorp Cash Passport Travel Money Card balance, simply login to the Suncorp Bank Multi-Cash Currency portal. You will need to register your card for this service first (see activating your card above). You can use the online portal to check your card balance, recent transactions and transfer money between currency wallets.
Will the Suncorp Cash Passport work on a cruise ship?
If you’re travelling on an international cruise, you can use your Suncorp Cash Passport to pay for your final bill, but it’s better to use a credit card as a security deposit. The cruise company may pre-authorise a transaction as a security, and this money can not be accessed until the deposit is released by the merchant. This may be up to a month after the cruise is finished. You can still use your Cash Passport to make purchases and withdraw cash while you’re onboard.
What exchange rate do I get on the Suncorp Cash Passport?
You will be told the rate of exchange between currencies before you make the transaction. The exchange rate is the MasterCard wholesale foreign exchange rate plus a margin. You can compare the rate you get when you get a foreign exchange quote on the Suncorp Cash Passport against another foreign exchange provider, like OFX.
Are there any countries where I can’t use my Suncorp Cash Passport Travel Money Card?
You can use your Suncorp Cash Passport Travel Money Card where MasterCard is accepted. You cannot use your card in the following countries: Taiwan, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
Who do I call if I have a question about the Suncorp Cash Passport Travel Money Card?
Call the Suncorp Bank customer service team if you have any queries. Make sure you’re calling the correct number if you’re in Australia or if you’re overseas.
How can I get emergency cash if I end up losing both my cards?
In such a scenario, the card provider can disburse emergency cash through an approved Western Union, MoneyGram or Access agent.
Is there a limit to how much I can withdraw from an ATM using this card?
Yes, a daily limit of $3,000 or its currency equivalent applies when withdrawing funds from ATMs. For EFTPOS transactions, this limit is $15,000.
Is this card safe to use?
This microchip-enabled card requires your PIN to complete most transactions. It does not link to a bank or credit card account, offering further peace of mind.