Spend in multiple currencies and avoid hefty travel money costs with the Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Travel Money Card.
The Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Travel Money Card could be a convenient way to spend and manage your holiday budget. Load the card with funds and spend like a local in up to 11 different currencies. You can also save on international transaction fees when you make a purchase or withdrawal.
The Suncorp Travel Money Card comes with the worldwide acceptance of Mastercard, and the Cash Passport is issued with a backup card in case the first is lost or stolen. Learn more about the Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Travel Money Card below.
|Available Currencies||USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, SGD, JPY, THB, HKD, AED, AUD|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card||Yes|
|Number of Cards Issued||2|
|Minimum Load Amount||$100|
|Maximum Load Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Annual Load Amount||$100,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$3,000|
|24 Hour POS Transaction Limit||$15,000|
|Initial Load Fee||The greater of 1.1% of the initial load/reload amount or AUD$15|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||USD 2.50, EUR 2.50, GBP 2.00, NZD 3.50, THB 80.00, CAD 3.50, HKD 18.00, JPY 260.00, SGD 3.50, AED 10.00, AUD 3.50|
|Reload Fee||1.1% of the initial load/reload amount or AU$15.00|
|Monthly Inactivity Fee|
after 12 months inactivity
|Transaction Fee for Purchases||$0|
|Card Replacement Fee||$0|
|Currency Conversion Fee||0%|
|BPay Reload fee||1% of the reload amount|
|Negative Balance Fee||$20|
|Account Closing Fee||$10|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
Reloading funds and currencies
You can load up to 11 different currencies to the Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Travel Money Card. These include:
- US dollar (USD)
- Great British pound (GBP)
- Euro (EUR)
- New Zealand dollar (NZD)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Canadian dollar (CAD)
- Thai baht (THB)
- Singapore dollar (SGD)
- Hong Kong dollar (HKD)
- United Arab Emirati Dirham (AED)
- Australian dollar (AUD)
You can purchase this card online or by visiting any Suncorp branch. You can reload your card by logging into the Suncorp Cash Passport online portal, through BPAY or by visiting any Suncorp branch. The funds you load onto the card will be locked into the exchange rate that applies at the time of loading. This means that you’ll know exactly how much money you have without the interference of fluctuating exchange rates.
Currency default order
When you use this card to make a payment in a currency not held on the card, it relies on a default order of priority. So if you don’t have the local currency loaded or supported on your card, your funds will be debited from your currency wallets in the following order (depending on which have funds loaded in them):
1. AUD 2. USD 3. EUR 4. GBP 5. NZD 6. THB 7. CAD 8. HKD 9. JPY 10. SGD 11. AED
The minimum you can load to this card is $100. The maximum is $100,000.
Where can you use this travel card?
You can use your Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Travel Money Card at over 35.9 million locations around the world, which include around 2.1 million ATMs. To use your card, all you have to do is look for the MasterCard logo. This means you can use this card to shop and pay bills at restaurants and hotels. Plus, you can use the card when shopping on international websites.
Due to political and economic sanctions, you cannot use this card in countries such as North Korea, Taiwan, Syria, Sudan and Cuba.
If you travel to a region that uses a currency the card does not support, it relies on the default order of priority to process transactions.Back to top
Fees and charges
All of the fees and charges are charged in Australian dollars. The fees you can expect include:
|Fees and charges||Amount|
|Initial card fee and branch reload fee||The greater of 1.1% of the initial load/reload amount or AUD$15|
|Online portal reload fee||$0|
|BPAY reload fee||1% of the reload amount|
|International ATM withdrawal fee|
|Domestic ATM withdrawal fee||2.95 of the withdrawn amount|
|Currency conversion fee||$0|
|Cash over the counter fee||$10|
|Monthly inactivity fee||$0 (charged if you don’t use your card for 12 consecutive months)|
|Secondary card fee||$0|
|Replacement card fee||$0|
|Negative balance fee||$20|
Getting your card
It’s easy and free to order your Suncorp Cash Passport.
- Ordering. You can order your card online for free by visiting the Suncorp Bank Multi-Cash Currency portal. Otherwise, you can visit your nearest Suncorp Branch and pick up a Cash Passport for $15.
- Activating. Once you’ve received your card, visit the online portal and select ‘My Account’ and follow the prompts to register your Cash Passport. After you’ve registered your card, you’ll be able to view the balance, move your funds between currencies and see your recent transactions.
- Loading. There are three different ways you can load and reload your card:
- Online portal. You can reload your funds for free via the online portal. You’ll just need to select ‘Top Up Card’ once you’ve logged into your online portal and then follow the prompts to generate an invoice to pay with BPAY. This will be emailed to you. You can pay via BPAY using the Biller Code 303941. You’ll receive your unique customer number in the reload confirmation email.
- BPAY. You can use the BPAY reload details on the bank of your card to top up your card, but you’ll be charged a 1% of the reload amount.
- In-branch. You can reload your card at your local Suncorp Bank branch, but it will cost $15. You can expect the funds to arrive in your account within two business days.
Manage your card
- Online account. You can manage your Suncorp Cash Passport account with ease on the go via the online portal. You’ll need your card number and PIN to access your online account. Once you’ve logged in, you can move your funds between the supported currencies, check your balance, view your PIN and see your transaction history.
- Closing the account. If you have remaining funds on the card when you return to Australia, you can either spend or withdraw it at local ATMs or close your account and deposit leftover funds into your nominated account. Simply log onto the Suncorp Bank Multi-Cash Currency portal for steps on how to cash out. A $10 fee is charged if you want to close your account and cash out any remaining value on the card.
Security and emergency contact details
This card is protected by chip and PIN security. If your main card is lost or stolen, all it takes is a phone call to cancel the card and activate the backup card. If you've ever lost your debit card or credit card while travelling, then you should be able to appreciate the convenience of having a backup card ready to use if the first is lost or stolen. If you need to report a security issue, contact Suncorp on 13 11 75.Back to top
Benefits and drawbacks
- Multiple currencies. If your travel takes you to multiple countries, this card lets you load up to 11 major currencies.
- Additional card. You get a spare card along with the original card. You can use it if you end up losing or damaging the primary card.
- No transaction fees. When you use this card to make payments in a supported currency, you don’t have to pay any transaction fees.
- Reload fee. While reloading your card online using the Suncorp Cash Passport portal does not attract any fees, you have to pay fees if you reload via BPAY or by visiting a branch.
- Purchase fee. If you want to pick up your card in-store, you’ll need to pay $15.
The Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Travel Money Card could be a useful way to spend in multiple currencies on your next holiday. However, as this isn’t the only multi-currency card on the market, compare a few before applying.