Spend in multiple currencies and avoid hefty currency conversion fees with the Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard Travel Money Card.
The Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard Travel Money Card is a reloadable prepaid Mastercard that lets you load and lock in exchange rates for up to 10 foreign currencies. Use your cash passport to pay in local currencies while travelling and save on currency conversion fees when your card is sufficiently loaded with the supported currency.
|Available Currencies||AUD, USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, HKD, JPY, NZD, SGD, THB, AED|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card?||Yes|
|Number of Cards Issued||1|
|Minimum Load Amount||$100|
|Maximum Load Amount||$100,000|
|Maximum Load Amount (Annual)||$100,000|
|24 Hour ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit||$3,000|
|24 Hour Purchase (POS) Transaction Limit||$15,000|
|Initial Load Fee||$15|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||USD 2.50, EUR 2.50, GBP 2.00, NZD 3.50, THB 80.00, CAD 3.50, HKD 18.00, JPY 260.00, SGD 3.50, AED 10.00, AUD 3.50|
|Inactivity Fee (Monthly)||$0|
|Transaction Fee (for Purchases)||$0|
|Card Replacement Fee||$0|
|Currency Conversion Fee||0%|
|BPAY Reload Fee||1% of the reload amount|
|Negative Balance Fee||$20|
|Account Closing Fee||$10|
|Available to Temporary Residents?||No|
What currencies can I load on the Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard Travel Money Card?
The Suncorp Cash Passport supports:
- Australian Dollars (AUD)
- United States Dollars (USD)
- Euros (EUR)
- Great Britain Pounds (GBP)
- New Zealand Dollars (NZD)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- Canadian Dollars (CAD)
- Hong Kong Dollars (HKD)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Singapore Dollars (SGD)
- United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED)
You may load up to all 11 of these supported currencies on the Cash Passport at any time, and your card will automatically debit the correct currency wallet when used to transact in that currency. If you make a purchase or withdrawal in a currency other than those listed above, or when your transaction value exceeds that currency wallet balance, other available currencies on your card will be converted to pay for the transaction. When this happens, a $0 currency conversion fee will apply to the transaction value, and the exchange rates used will be determined by Mastercard at the time. Mastercard foreign exchange rates vary daily and are taken at the time your transaction is processed.
When converting available currencies to pay for an unsupported or insufficiently loaded transaction currency, the Cash Passport will deduct available funds from your currency wallets following the default currency order:
When loading your Cash Passport for the first time or reloading it at an outlet, exchange rates will vary by outlet and fluctuate daily. You will be informed of the exchange rates at the time of your purchase. When moving funds on your card from one currency wallet to another, the applicable retail foreign exchange rates will be determined by card issuer Heritage Bank, and will be made known to you at the time of your transaction.
Where can I use my Suncorp Cash Passport card?Your Suncorp Cash Passport is a Mastercard prepaid card and can be used online, and at 35.9 million locations worldwide wherever Mastercard is accepted. You can also access cash at over 2.1 million ATMs. You can't use your card for manual or offline transactions, unlawful activity, or where economic or trade sanctions have been imposed. Certain businesses may not accept the card for pre-authorising expenditure, such as for hotel booking deposits.
Features of the Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard Travel Money Card
Some of the main features and benefits of the Suncorp Cash Passport include the following:
- Locked-in exchange rates. Enjoy peace of mind when you lock in currency exchange rates prior to travelling. This protects you from rate fluctuations and helps you stay within your travel budget.
- Additional cardholders. The secondary card is very handy, especially in the event your primary card is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Worldwide ATM alliance. You can access cash at any ATM in the world wherever the Mastercard logo is displayed. ATM fees will apply, though.
- Online management. You can manage your account any time by visiting the Cash Passport website and logging into "My Account". You can view transactions and balances, as well as move funds between currency wallets.
- Smartphone app. You can also do this using the Cash Passport app.
- Account and withdrawal limits. The maximum balance allowed across all currencies during a 12-month period is AUD$100,000 or equivalent; the daily ATM withdrawal limit is AUD$3,000 or equivalent; the daily EFTPOS transaction limit is AUD$15,000 or equivalent.
How much does the Suncorp Cash Passport cost?
The following table explains the costs associated with your Suncorp Cash Passport and when they are charged.
|Type of fee||Cost||When you'll be charged|
|Purchase fee||$0 (via online) $15 (via branch)||At the time of purchase|
|Reload fee||Each time you reload funds onto your card, after the initial load amount.|
|Replacement card fee||$0||You won't be charged if you need a new card to replace your lost, stolen or damaged one.|
|Currency conversion fee||0%||When you make a purchase or withdrawal in a currency that is either unsupported or insufficiently loaded on your card.|
|International ATM withdrawal fee||USD 2.50, EUR 2.50, GBP 2.00, NZD 3.50, THB 80.00, CAD 3.50, HKD 18.00, JPY 260.00, SGD 3.50, AED 10.00, AUD 3.50||Note that ATM operator fees may also apply.|
|Domestic ATM withdrawal fee||2.95% of the withdrawal amount||When you make an ATM withdrawal in Australia.|
|Monthly inactivity fee||$0||When you have not made a transaction on your card within the last 12 months.|
|Negative balance fee||$20||When a negative balance arises on your card.|
|Closure/cash-out fee||$10||When you close your card or withdraw remaining funds from your account.|
How to use the Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard Travel Money Card
Follow these steps to manage your Suncorp Cash Passport:
- Activate your card. Activate your card by calling 1800 098 231 and following the prompts.
- Load funds onto your card. You can load funds on your card online via the Cash Passport website, or in-branch at a Suncorp Bank. Note that loading funds via BPAY generally takes two business days to process, but payments made after 2pm AEST may take longer. Each load must be at least AUD$100 or equivalent, but not more than AUD$100,000 or equivalent. When loading via BPAY, your daily limit is AUD$25,000 or equivalent. Foreign exchange rates for BPAY reloads are set by Access and vary daily. You may obtain these rates by contacting Access directly on 1800 098 231.
- Manage your online account. Head to the Cash Passport website and register for "My Account". You will then be able to view your balances and transaction history, as well as transfer funds between different currencies, and monitor the status of your reloads.
What do I do if I return home with foreign currency remaining on the card?
You may choose to keep the funds on your card for future travel, or close your card and withdraw the remaining funds at a branch of Suncorp Bank or by contacting Access. Your remaining funds will either be paid out to you in cash or deposited into your nominated bank account. A $10 fee will apply, and any applicable foreign exchange rates will be determined by Access. Alternatively, you can withdraw any remaining funds at the ATM, but bear in mind a 2.95% fee will apply, as well as any ATM operator fees.
Who do I contact if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
Immediately report a lost or stolen card to Cash Passport Global Emergency Assistance by calling 1800 098 231 or +44 207 649 9404 if you are overseas.
How to apply for a Suncorp Cash Passport Platinum Mastercard Travel Money Card
You can get a Suncorp Cash Passport via these methods:
- Online. Order your card online and it will arrive by post in five or six days.
- In-store. If you're in a hurry, you can also pick up a card immediately by visiting a Suncorp branch.
Are there any eligibility requirements?
You don't have to be 18 or have a bank account to purchase this card, but you do need an Australian residential address, as well as an Australian passport or driver's licence.
While the Suncorp Cash Passport offers a convenient and easy way to spend while abroad, it also packs a few associated costs that may outweigh any benefits. Research and compare other available travel money options before deciding if this is the one that will best serve your personal travel needs.Back to top