RACV car insurance quotes and what it covers
RACV is Victoria’s largest member organisation, with over 2.1 million people joining up to take advantage of its services like roadside assistance and car insurance.
When someone joins RACV, insurance premiums and other costs are returned to members in the form of discounts, complimentary extras and more.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the RACV website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
What cover options do I have?
You can find a range of cover options with RACV, including:
- Third party property damage: Cover for third party property liability, if you damage other vehicles or property while driving.
- Third party fire & theft: Third party liability cover, as well as insurance for fire and theft damage.
- Comprehensive: Third party property liability, and fire and theft cover, as well as insurance damage caused to your vehicle in the event of an accident, flood, storm and malicious damage.
|Third party property damage||Third party fire & theft||Comprehensive|
|Third party property liability insurance|
|Cover for fire and theft|
|Cover for accident damage to your vehicle|
|Cover for storm, flood and malicious acts|
What else does RACV car insurance offer?
With all cover types you can also get:
- Aussie assist benefits: Telephone emergency and support services if you’re 100km or more from home.
- Automatic cover for modifications: Modifications can be covered under RACV insurance.
- Choose your own repairer: You can choose your own repairer rather than just go with RACV’s chosen one.
- Years of membership benefit: You may be eligible for discounts after five years of RACV membership.
- Flexi excess options: You can choose your excess to adjust your premiums.
- Multi-policy discounts: You can get discounts by holding multiple RACV insurance policies.
You can also get benefits with different types of insurance cover.
|Third party||Third party fire & theft||Comprehensive|
|Lock and key replacement|
|RACV Premier 1 Rating|
|Hire car after theft|
|Hire car after an incident|
|Personal items cover|
|New vehicle replacement up to 2 years old|
|Choice of agreed value or market value|
|Windscreen and window glass cover|
Why go with RACV?
RACV is a membership scheme rather than a typical for-profit insurer, so you might be able to find more value for money with RACV than with some other providers.
There are also no optional extras to worry about, and instead you can simply get the benefits of a wide range of cover, depending on whether you get third party only, third party fire & theft, or comprehensive car insurance.
What exclusions are there?
A range of exclusions apply. Some of the situations RACV car insurance does not cover are:
- Tyre damage caused by road cuts, punctures, bursts or braking
- Depreciation, rust, wear and tear and loss of value
- A failure to properly take care of your vehicle, such as moving it to a safe place after an accident where possible, or making sure it’s locked to prevent theft
- Driving without a licence, or while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
How do I pay my premiums?
You can pay premiums monthly or annually by direct debit, either from a nominated account or from a credit card.
How do I make a claim?
Contact RACV to make a claim and RACV will:
- Ask a series of questions, or ask for detailed written information
- Give immediate assistance with the claim
- Tell you if you need to pay any excess and how to pay it