Bupa valuables cover
Protect your most cherished items from fire or theft with Bupa Valuables Insurance.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
If you're anxious about the safety of your expensive new tech gadget purchase, the collection of family jewellery you've inherited, or if you're wanting cover for your entire suite of belongings, Bupa Valuables cover will ensure your valuables are insured from the unfortunate situations of burglary or fire.
Whether you're renting or living in your own home, you can tailor your cover to protect the stuff that matters most. Plus, you can add optional extras to cover you anywhere in Australia and for accidental damage for added peace of mind.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the Bupa website or compare a bunch of other home insurance companies with finder.
What is Bupa Valuables cover?
Instead of insuring everything in your home, Bupa Valuables cover allows you to protect the items that are most precious to you, such as your all-essential mobile phone, the TV, sentimental jewellery and even your golf clubs.
If you choose to pay annually, you can save 10%. Otherwise you can pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly for this online-only product – whatever best suits your budget.
What kind of items can I cover?
With Bupa Valuables cover, you can ensure any item, no matter how old it is. And you can cover as many items as you'd like. Items covered include:
- Mobile phones
- Desktop computers
- Cameras, lenses and video equipment
- Musical instruments
- White goods appliances including washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, cooking appliances and microwaves
- Gaming consoles
- Furniture, including antiques
- Home audiovisual and entertainment systems including televisions and record players
- Electronics, including headphones
- Sports equipment, including golf clubs and cricket kits
- Camping gear, including tents
What does it cover you for?
- Cover for fire and burglary or attempted burglary at your home
- Storm, flood and cyclone cover in case of natural disaster damage
- Optional accident damage anywhere in Australia, so your portable items are insured against any accidental damage or theft when you're on the go
What exclusions do I need to be aware of?
Bupa Valuables Insurance only provides cover for items that you have chose to insure and are listed as your "nominated property", which you choose and list when purchasing the policy. You will also not be covered in the following situations:
- Explosions on the property of any kind
- Broken glass or sanitary units
- Impact damage
- Animal damage from your pets
- Damage caused by riots
- Water or oil leaks, including bursting, leaking or overflowing tanks or pipes
- Any deliberate damage or if something is broken due to someone acting maliciously
- Damage caused by the sea, a tsunami, high water levels, erosion or a landslide
- If your home is unoccupied for 60 consecutive days
- If you accidentally lose or misplace an item
- Any wear and tear, including rust and gradual deterioration
- Damage caused by insects or vermin such as mice or rats
- Mechanical, electrical or electronic failure or malfunction of an item
How do I make a claim?
Claims can only be made through the Bupa Valuables Insurance Portal. To make a claim on a stolen item, you will need to provide a police report.
From there, Bupa will either repair or replace the item for you, give you a cash settlement for repairs or a store voucher, or the sum insured to replace or fix the item yourself.
More guides on finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals in Australia, hand-picked by Finder's shopping experts.
Kora Organics discount codes and coupons October 2020 | 50% off skincare and makeup
Save big on award-winning skincare solutions with these amazing Kora Organics discount codes.
Free academic resume templates (Australia)
Here's how to create an academic resume that delivers a great first impression.
Best fashion sales of the week: THE ICONIC, ASOS, rebel
Save 25% off summer items at THE ICONIC, take up to 50% off selected styles at ASOS and enjoy up to 40% off clothing at rebel.
Best weed killers in Australia
These are the eight best weed killers you can buy right now in Australia.
Online first aid courses in Australia
Be prepared to help in any situation. Here's what you need to know about taking an online first aid course.
Best screen protectors in Australia
Our expert team has analysed hundreds of customer reviews of phone films of all types to determine the best screen protectors in Australia for every budget and purpose.
Best Beard Oils in Australia
These are the 6 best beard oils you can buy right now in Australia.
Best pressure washers in Australia
These are the 7 best pressure washers you can buy right now in Australia.
Sennheiser MKE 200 review
The low-cost, battery-less and ultra-light Sennheiser MKE 200 is a great microphone choice for creators on a budget.
Ask an Expert