The Bendigo Emergency Services Account is especially for the Australian Emergency Services. This account offers a competitive interest rate while providing easy access to money in different ways. It does not attract any monthly fees and there are no eligible transaction fees. Account holders get to choose between a debit MasterCard and an ATM card.
What are the features of the Bendigo Emergency Services Account?
- Fees. The Bendigo Emergency Services Account does not attract any ongoing account keeping fees, and there are no eligible transaction fees to worry about. If you opt for the Bendigo Business Blue Debit MasterCard you’ll have to pay a monthly fee of $3. You may have to pay some situation based fees from time to time that can include cheque dishonour fees and cheque cancellation fees.
- Interest. The money in this account earns interest at the rate of 1.20% per annum (p.a.) The bank calculates interest on your account balance everyday and pays it out quarterly.
- Card access. You get to choose between the Bendigo Business Blue Debit MasterCard that attracts a nominal monthly fee, and the Easy Money ATM card.
- Debit MasterCard. This debit MasterCard finds global acceptance at ATMs and EFTPOS terminals alike. The PayPass functionality lets you use the card to make contactless payments for purchases less than $100. You can personalise this card by uploading a logo or any other image that best represents your organisation.
- ATM card. The Easy Money ATM card does not attract any monthly fee. This card lets you withdraw money from any ATM in Australia, and from ATMs overseas that display the Visa PLUS symbol. You can use it at EFTPOS terminals Australia wide and at Australia Post Bank@Post outlets. You can personalise this card.
- Online banking. If you’re looking at a full-service Internet banking system you can turn to Bendigo Bank’s classic online banking platform. The bank also provides a mobile banking app for devices that run using iOS or Android.
- Phone banking. Bendigo Bank’s phone banking system gives you easy access to account related information, and you can use it to carry out tasks like transferring funds and ordering statements. You can also get to speak to a bank representative, should the need arise.
- Branch banking. Bendigo Bank has over 490 branches across Australia, of which local communities own and operate 300 Community Banks. You can visit any of these branches to transact or to get account related information.
- Chequebook. This account lets you get an optional chequebook.
- Overdraft. The bank lets you apply for an overdraft that links to this account, giving you quick and easy access to credit should the need arise. Approval of this overdraft is subject to the bank’s discretion. The bank’s overdraft indicator rate applies every time you overdraw, and if you end up crossing the approved overdraft limit you’ll have to pay a higher overlimit rate.
- No monthly account keeping fee
- Free Internet and phone banking
- Competitive interest rate
- Eligibility criteria applies
How do I apply for the Bendigo Emergency Services Account?
Making the switch to Bendigo Bank from your existing bank is simple because of this bank’s Easy Switching process. Applying for the Emergency Services Account requires that you contact a Bendigo Bank business banker. To submit an online enquiry so that a business banker calls you at a convenient time you have to visit the Bendigo Bank website, and to do so now simply click on the “Go to Site” button. Your other options include:
- Visiting the nearest Bendigo Bank branch.
- Talking to a business banker over the phone.
- Sending a direct email to a business banker.
Since this is a business account, applying for it requires that you provide different business related information. In this case, you’ll have to provide information specific to your Emergency Service, and individuals who plan to operate as authorised signatories will have to complete legally required ID checks.
The account becomes operational as soon as you complete the required formalities. After the account is open, it can take seven to 10 business days for you to receive your debit MasterCard or ATM card.