The Bendigo Bank Christmas Club Account is perfect for people who wish to set some money aside for the holiday period. It does not charge any transaction fees between 1st November and 31st January, and provides access to funds via online, phone and branch banking. An early withdrawal fee discourages you from making withdrawals at other times.
What are the features of the Bendigo Bank Christmas Club Account?
- Monthly fees. This account does not charge any ongoing monthly account keeping fees.
- Other fees. An early withdrawal fee of $15 per withdrawal is in place to discourage you from making withdrawals between 1st February and 31st October. When you make withdrawals in between 1st November and 31st January, no eligible transaction fees apply.
- Interest. The money in your Bendigo Christmas Club Account earns variable interest, which currently stands at 0.25% per annum (p.a.) The bank calculates interest everyday and pays it once a year, in November. So, while this account lets you save for the holiday period, it also adds to your savings in the form of interest.
- Access to account details. You can view account related information by logging into Bendigo Bank’s online banking system, and you can get the information you need via phone banking. You also get to choose between a passbook and statements.
- Branch banking. You can make deposits and withdrawals by visiting any Bendigo Bank branch across Australia, and you can also transact at over 300 Community Banks. These branches are typically open from 9:00am to 5:00pm on weekdays, and in between 9:00am to noon on Saturdays.
- Online banking. Bendigo provides e-banking solutions for desktops, tablets and smartphones alike. The classic e-banking platform offers full-service banking and is best suited for large screen devices like desktops. The mobile banking app is best suited for tablets and smartphones, and works with devices that run using Android and iOS. You can use these platforms to view your account’s balance and its transaction history and you can also use them to transfer funds between accounts and make payments.
- Phone banking. Bendigo Bank’s phone banking system can give you access to most kinds of account related information. You can use it to check account balances and transaction histories, it lets you initiate fund transfers and it also lets you connect with a bank representative directly.
- Minimum opening amount. You can open the Bendigo Christmas Club Account with as little as $1, and there is no minimum ongoing balance requirement.
- Card access. This account does not provide any kind of debit or ATM card.
- Don't blow your budget this festive season
- Access to hundreds of branches in Australia
- Earn an interest rate
- Withdrawal restrictions apply
How do I apply for the Bendigo Bank Christmas Club Account?
You can open the Christmas Club Account by visiting your nearest Bendigo Branch, you can apply over the phone, and you can also get started by sending the bank an email. To begin now, simply click on the “Go to Site” button. Before you apply, establish if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Residency requirements. You should be an Australian resident and should have an Australian residential address.
- Minimum age. You should be at least 12 years old.
- Depository requirements. You can open this account with a minimum of $1.
You’ll have to provide different types of information to complete your application successfully, so prepare to part with the following:
- Tax file number. Providing your tax file number (TFN) is not necessary, but you should if you wish to avoid paying withholding tax.
- Identification. You’ll have to provide details from your driver’s license, passport or Medicare card.
- Other details. The application process lets you choose a home branch. You have to provide details such as your name, date of birth, residential address, email address and phone number.
After you apply, the bank completes a legally required identification process, following which it opens your account. Once your account is open you can start making deposits straightaway.