The Bendigo Bank Business Flexi Offset Account is a multi-use transaction account suited to meet the needs of a business owner. You are given various methods of making purchases, paying your bills and depositing money all while the balance in the account is working at lowering your monthly interest payments. This is a convenient way of paying your loan off quicker, potentially saving thousands of dollars in the process.
What are the features of the Bendigo Bank Business Flexi Offset Account?
Not only does a transaction account make a difference in how you are able to conduct your day to day business, with this one you can use it to reduce your business debt quickly. Before deciding if this works best with your business structure compare the account features with those offered to business customers at other banks:
- Monthly service fee. Your account will not be charged a monthly service fee.
- ATM transactions. This account can be linked to a Bendigo Business Blue Debit MasterCard or Easy Money ATM card to make withdrawals and to use for purchases.
- ATM network. You have access to your money both through Bendigo and Suncorp Bank ATMs without incurring any third party fees although you are charged $0.70 by Bendigo Bank. That same fee applies when you make a cash withdrawal during an EFTPOS transaction.
- Bendigo Business Blue Debit MasterCard. By choosing to link your business account with a debit MasterCard you are able to use it at any retailer that accepts MasterCard without incurring interest charges.$1.50 for balance enquiries.
- Overseas ATM use. If you’re using your linked debit card overseas, you will be charged $5 for any ATM withdrawal.
- Access methods. In addition to ATMs and EFTPOS you are also able to access your account online and over the phone to make electronic transfers and payments, at a branch and with your issued cheque book.
- Transaction charges. There are no transaction rebates offered with this account so you will pay in full any fees that incur from your daily transactions. The fees vary depending on the origin, and range from $0.40 for electronic transfers to $2.65 for withdrawals and deposits made at Bank@Post.
- Minimum ongoing balance. You are not required to maintain a minimum balance in the account, but keep in mind that a portion of it is deducted from your loan balance each month, reducing the interest owed by you.
- Access to ATMs and hundreds of branches in Australia
- Linked Bendigo Bank Blue debit MasterCard
- $0 monthly service fee
- Doesn't earn inteerest
How do I apply for the Bendigo Bank Business Flexi Offset Account?
Bendigo Bank has specialised business bankers on staff who will assist you with completing an application. To set up an appointment you can visit a branch, call, send an email or click “Go to Site” and fill out a form asking for a meeting at a time that is convenient for you. There are eligibility requirements for the Business Flexi Offset Account that you should be aware of before you meet with a business banker:
- Minimum age. While Bendigo Bank makes no stipulation for the minimum age of an account holder you will need to be a business owner or authorised signature for one, and have a Business Flexi Loan in order to apply for this account.
- Residency requirements. You must be a legal resident of Australia for tax purposes.
- Depository requirements. In order for the account to be activated you will have to make an initial deposit of at least $1.
Having the following documentation with you will help in filling out your application with the business banker:
- Tax file number. Your business tax file number (TFN) or exemption code is used to determine the correct withholding tax for any interest you may earn from a Bendigo banking product.
- Identification. All applicants for this account must be able to verify their identity with a photo identification document such as an Australian passport, driver’s licence or Medicare card.
- Business information. You will be asked for the Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN) when applying for this account.
After verifying the information you submit, Bendigo Bank will activate the account in your business name and issue the debit card of your choice. You can then begin making your everyday transactions and maintaining your balance that will help in reducing your interest owed.