RaboDirect specialises in providing savings accounts for individuals, businesses, trusts and SMSFs. It provides various savings accounts options for trusts, of which the High Interest Savings Account comes with a promotional interest rate offer.
There's no need to change your everyday banking if you sign up for a RaboDirect high interest savings account.
What are the features of the RaboDirect High Interest Savings Account Trust?
If you’re considering opening a High Interest Savings Account as a trust, here’s what you can expect.
- Promotional interest rate. New customers can benefit through an introductory interest rate of 2.70% p.a. for balances up to $250,000, and this promotional rate stays in place for four months from the date of account opening.
- Ongoing interest rate. After the introductory period expires a tiered standard variable interest rate system comes into effect. Balances up to $250,000 earn 2.00% p.a.
- No account keeping fees. You don’t have to pay any monthly account keeping fees to maintain this account.
- No need to switch. You don’t have to switch banks to open this account. You can continue using your existing everyday banking account, and you can use this account as your savings hub.
- Online and mobile access. You can use RaboDirect’s online banking platform or mobile banking app to access account related information and to transfer funds in and out of the account.
- No minimum balance. This savings account does not require you to maintain any minimum ongoing balance. No matter how much money you have in your account, it will earn interest.
- Australian Government guarantee. The Australian Government’s Guarantee Scheme for Large Deposits protects up to $250,000 of you combined balances with RaboDirect.
- Money stays in Australia. RaboDirect invests its deposits into food and agri-businesses in Australia through Rabobank, offering much needed assistance to one of the nation’s most important business sectors.
- DigiPass. This is the device that you’ll need to use to access your account.
- High ongoing interest rate
- Ability to be used for SMSF
- No minimum balance is required to earn the bonus interest
- Online only with no in-store branch access
How do you apply for the RaboDirect High Interest Savings Account
You can apply for the RaboDirect High Interest Savings Account online, and to do so now, simply click on the ‘Go to Site’ button. Before you apply, establish if you meet the required eligibility criteria as listed below.
- You’re applying as an authorised signatory
- You are at least 16 years old
- You are a resident of Australia for taxation purposes
- Your trust is registered in Australia
- Your trust has an ABN
In order to complete the application successfully, keep the following handy.
- Your trust’s name and ABN
- The trust deed
- Account number of an existing Australian bank account in the trust’s name along with the bank’s BSB
- The trust’s Tax File Number or exemption
- Complete details of an individual or a company to serve as trustee
- Complete details of an individual or a company to serve as Settlor (if applicable)