With the Student Account from Police and Nurses (P&N) Bank you are given a multitude of ways to access your money without having to pay any fees. This is an ideal way to help keep up with your school and social spending needs, whether you are at your computer or on your way to your next class.
Available for secondary and tertiary students aged from 16 - 25 years.
What are the features of the Police and Nurses Student Account?
With a tight budget to work with, Australian students need a transaction account that meets their spending needs, without cutting into their pocket money. When you are comparing this type of account amongst various banks, be sure that you are looking for features that work with your spending habits:
$0 Account keeping fees
You will not be charged any monthly account keeping fees for the Student Account.
Made for students
This account is specifically designed for students between the ages of 16 and 25.
Variety of options for accessing your money
With the Student Account you are provided with a number of ways to access your money without being charged any fees. These include; payroll and direct credit, Bank@Post deposits, phone and internet transfers, cash and cheque deposits, EFTPOS and Visa debit card purchases, BPAY, direct debits and ATM withdrawals.
Linked debit card
You get the choice of a P&N Bank ATM card or a Visa debit card to link to the Student Account.
Visa debit card
If you choose the Visa debit card you will be able to make purchases and access your money wherever Visa is accepted.
Payments are seamless with Visa payWave
This is a feature of the Visa debit card that allows you to make purchases of under $100 in a store without swiping your card.
Secure payments with Visa
Purchases made using the Visa debit card are protected with Zero Liability when made in a store and Verified by Visa when shopping online.
Your linked debit card gives you access to your money at over 3,000 ATMs Australia wide. This included those in the rediATM, NAB, and Bank of Queensland networks.
In order to be considered for any P&N banking product you must first apply for membership. This is open to Australian residents and requires that you pay a $10 shareholder fee which will be deducted from your account upon activation.
- No monthly account fee
- Access to the rediATM network
- Linked Visa debit card
- Designed for students
How do I apply for the Police and Nurses Student Account?
With the Student Account from P&N you are able to apply over the phone or in person at one of their branches.
Eligibility to apply
Before getting started with your application, there are some eligibility requirements that you should make yourself aware of:
- Minimum age. This account is only available for Australian students between the ages of 16 and 25.
- Residency requirements. In order for this account to be activated in your name you must have a valid Australian residential and mailing address.
- Depository requirement. While P&N Bank makes no stipulation for a minimum opening deposit, your account will be charged the $10 if this is your first banking product with them.
Once you are able to confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements, it is recommended that you have the following documentation to refer to as you are completing your application:
- Tax file number. It is not obligatory to provide your tax file number (TFN) or claim your exemption but if you don’t P&N Bank may withhold tax on any interest earned on your accounts. You are permitted to supply your TFN at a later date by contacting the bank.
- Identification. If you are just now joining P&N Bank you will need to have your Australian driver’s licence or passport in order to complete the application. In place of these documents you are allowed to use another non-photo ID like your birth certificate and a copy of a recent bill. You will also need a valid student ID or proof of enrolment to prove your eligibility for this account.
What happens after I submit my application?
After submitting your application you will hear back from the bank with the details of your new account, barring that you provided all of the necessary information. The linked debit card you chose will arrive by mail and will need to be activated before its first use.