The Zip Account gives you quick access to your money through a number of methods, including online, with your phone, and with a Visa debit card. You can avoid having to pay any fees for these services by meeting a deposit requirement each month. Your free transactions will even include banking face to face at your local People’s Choice Credit Union branch and the option to link a chequebook or overdraft facility to your account.
What are the features of the People’s Choice Credit Union Zip Account?
Your choice in transaction accounts is an important one, as this is your direct link to your money. In order to make the best decision as to which one gives you the most benefit, compare the features they come with amongst various banks and credit union against what People’s Choice is offering you:
- Monthly account keeping fee. The monthly administration fee for this account is $6, yet this can be waived if you are able to credit at least $2,000 or you have a home loan with People’s Choice and do not opt to receive to paper statements.
- Fee free transactions. You are allowed unlimited access to the following transaction methods without incurring any fees; deposits, withdrawals at a branch or at Bank@Post, BPAY, transfers made online or on the phone, rediATM and EFTPOS withdrawals, and Visa debit card purchases.
- Visa debit card. You can link the account to a Visa debit card, which features Visa payWave. With this card you can make unlimited rediATM withdrawals along with make purchases online or anywhere that Visa is accepted. You also have the option of linking the debit card to Visa PayTag or the redi2PAY app, both of which allow you to make purchases that do not exceed $100 by waving your mobile phone at the pay terminal.
- Additional options. There is the option of linking your Zip Account to a cheque facility if this is your preferred method of making payments. An overdraft is also an option if you qualify, ensuring that all of your purchases and payments are covered even if you don’t have the cash in the account to cover them.
- Membership. People’s Choice is an Australian credit union, requiring that you first become a member before you are able to apply for this, or any, account with them. In order to complete this part of the process you will be asked to purchase a $2 share in the financial institution.
- Easy access of your account thru online, mobile and phone banking
- Access to rediATMs
- Linked Visa debit card
- Age criteria apply
How do I apply for the People’s Choice Credit Union Zip Account?
If you are an existing member of People’s Choice Credit Union you can apply for the Zip Account by logging into your online banking platform. If not, you can apply online for your membership and new transaction account by clicking on “Go to Site” to access the secure online application. Before moving on to this step, you may first want to make sure that are eligible for this account:
- Minimum age. With this account you must be at least 25 years of age but not older than 54 in order to be eligible.
- Residency requirements. Australian residents may apply so long as you are able to provide an Australian residential address. Foreigners with a work visa must be able to show this visa along with their foreign passport.
- Depository requirements. While no opening deposit requirement is stated, you must be able to deposit at least $2,000 in the first month in order to avoid having to pay the account keeping fee.
Once you determine that you are eligible for this account you may want to gather the following documentation before proceeding in order to ensure that all of the application fields are filled in with the correct information:
- Tax file number. It is not obligatory to provide your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code, but it is helpful with interest earning accounts to ensure that the withholding tax on your earned interest is being deducted at the correct rate.
- Identification. Photo identification documents will be asked for in order to help confirm your identity. Acceptable forms include your passport, driver’s licence or Medicare card.
Once you have completed your application you can submit it online where it will be reviewed, and the details of your account sent to you so that you can begin making your deposits. Your linked Visa debit card will arrive in the post and will need to be activated before you can use it to withdraw money.