The People’s Choice Expenses Account is designed to help you budget your spending money so your bills are always paid on time. With unlimited free BPAY and automatic transfers available, you can schedule your payments knowing that the money will always be there to meet them.
What are the features of the People’s Choice Credit Union Expenses Account?
The expenses account differs from a typical transaction account in that it does not link to debit cards used for your everyday spending. This makes it easier to budget your money, and stay on top of your monthly expenses. Other features of the Expenses Account should be compared with what you find with other banks transaction accounts before deciding if this is the ideal way for you to manage your money. You can take a look at the range of bank accounts People's Choice Credit Union offers here.
Free direct deposits
People’s Choice allows for free payroll splits to credit money into this account.
Access the account anywhere, anytime
Easily manage the account on the go using internet, mobile, and phone banking.
Set up automatic debits
Payments can be made using direct debit, BPAY and automatic transfers from the Expenses Account, allowing you to easily manage recurring bills and payments. You are also permitted to make direct credits to the account by transferring money electronically from another account.
Zero account fees
There are no monthly maintenance or account keeping fees charged to you with this account.
Mobile app available
People’s Choice has a mobile app for both iPhone and android based products available that allows you to access your account, make transfers and payments anywhere, anytime.
People's Choice membership is required
You must already be a member of the People’s Choice Credit Union before you are able to apply for any of their products, including the Expenses Account.
- Access your account easily via internet, sms and phone banking
- Enjoy unlimited BPay payments for free
- Unlimited member cheque withdrawals
- Zero account keeping fees
- Fees apply to excess withdrawals
- Must be a member to open this account
How do I apply for the People’s Choice Credit Union Expenses Account?
There are no employment requirements to meet, and membership is not limited to one region of Australia, but you will be asked to pay $2 for your share of the financial institution.
Eligibility criteria for the Expenses Account includes:
- Minimum age. Members must be at least 13 years of age to apply for the Expenses Account.
- Residency requirements. Australian residents with an Australian residential address are eligible for this account.
- Depository requirements. There are no minimum deposit requirements in order to open the Expenses Account.
Additional documentation needed:
- Tax file number. Providing the credit union with your tax file number (TFN) is not obligatory, but it does allow for them to withhold the correct tax amount on any of your interest earnings.
- Identification. The information found on your driver’s licence, Australian passport, Medibank Private health insurance or employment visa will help to confirm your identity.
- Membership number. You will be asked to provide your People’s Choice Credit Union membership number when applying for the Expenses Account.
What happens next?
After submitting your application online, People’s Choice Credit Union will contact you with the details of the account so that you can begin setting up your automatic credits and debits. This will help you in managing your money and setting aside what you need each month to pay your living expenses.