NRMA Classic Care vs Premium Care
NRMA Classic Car or Premium Care roadside assistance? See which policy provides the cover you need.
We've put NRMA Classic Care and Premium Care roadside assistance side by side, comparing their features, differences and costs.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the NRMA website or compare a bunch of other car insurance companies with finder.
What are the main differences between NRMA Classic Care and Premium Care?
Premium care is a little more expensive, at $91 annually at the time of writing. However, it provides a few more benefits. These include the following:
- Accident assistance. If you're in an accident over 100km from home and can't get back, NRMA will help you arrange accommodation and travel.
- $3,000 extra cover. If you break down, you can get up to $3,000 towards accommodation, car hire and onward travel.
- Taxi cover. You'll get $50 towards taxi fares if your vehicle needs to be towed. You can use this up to three times a year.
- Pets Plus Add-on. If you buy a premium policy and have a pet, you can also get transport and boarding for them plus access to vets in case of an accident or breakdown.
- Child restraint installation. NRMA will do child restraint installations or adjustments for you at its car servicing centres. Alternatively, they might be able to come to you.
- Vehicle health check. If you are broken down, NRMA can perform a six-point check for your windscreen, tyres, oil, battery, water and more.
How do they compare side by side?
|Callouts||Unlimited, Australia-wide||Unlimited, Australia-wide|
|Towing||Up to 20km in metro and country areas.||Up to 50km in metro areas and 100km in remote areas|
|Keys locked in car|
|Transport, car hire & onward travel||Yes, up to $3,000|
|Accident assistance||Yes, up to 100km away from home.|
|Taxi cover||Yes, up to $50 three times a year|
|Transport and boarding for your pet|
|Child restraint installation|
|Vehicle health check|
What other benefits can I get with NRMA?
Both Classic Care and Premium Care policies come with the following add-on options:
- NRMA Blue. With NRMA Blue, you have access to a range of benefits and discounts including free movie tickets and redeemable benefits with NRMA car servicing.
- Keys Plus. This gives you up to $500 a year towards lost or stolen keys, covering the cost of a locksmith callout and a replacement pair.
- Pets Plus. NRMA can transport your cat or dog if you breakdown.
- Tow Plus. This gives you an extra 10km towing on top of your existing subscription benefits.
- Windscreen Plus. This entitles you to one windscreen chip repair and 30% off all windscreen replacements.
What company underwrites NRMA's policies?
NRMA is part of the Insurance Australian Group (IAG), which also provides insurance through Swann Insurance, SGIC, SGIO and CGU in Australia. IAG also has businesses in Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
Ask an Expert