The product names were changed from Classic Care and Premium Care to Everyday Care and Ultimate Care but all the product information below is accurate.
NRMA Everyday Care vs Ultimate Care
NRMA Everyday Care or Ultimate Care roadside assistance? See which policy provides the cover you need.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
We've put NRMA Everyday Care and Ultimate Care roadside assistance side by side, comparing their features, differences and costs.
What are the main differences between NRMA Everyday Care and Ultimate Care?
Ultimate care is a little more expensive, at $259 annually at the time of writing. However, it provides a few more benefits. These include the following:
- Accident assistance. If you're in an accident over 100km from home and can't get back, NRMA will help you arrange accommodation and travel.
- $4,000 extra cover. If you break down, you can get up to $4,000 towards accommodation, car hire and onward travel.
- Taxi cover. You'll get $50 towards taxi fares if your vehicle needs to be towed. You can use this up to three times a year.
- Vehicle health check. If you are broken down, NRMA can perform a six-point check for your windscreen, tyres, oil, battery, water and more.
How do they compare side by side?
|Joining fee||No joining fee||No joining fee|
|Callouts||Unlimited, Australia-wide||Unlimited, Australia-wide|
|Towing||Up to 25 km in metro areas and back to attending Country Service Centre in country areas||Up to 100km in metro, country(or back to attending Country Service Centre) and remote areas|
|Keys locked in car|
|Transport, car hire & onward travel|
|Taxi cover||$0||Yes, up to $50 three times a year|
|Transport and boarding for your pet||Optional||Optional|
|Vehicle health check|
Compare NRMA Roadside Assistance Cover Options
What other benefits can I get with NRMA?
Both Everyday Care and Ultimate Care policies come with the following add-on options:
- NRMA Blue. With NRMA Blue, you have access to a range of benefits and discounts including free movie tickets and redeemable benefits with NRMA car servicing.
- Keys Plus. This gives you up to $500 a year towards lost or stolen keys, covering the cost of a locksmith callout and a replacement pair.
- Pets Plus. NRMA can transport your cat or dog if you breakdown.
- Tow Plus. This gives you an extra 10km towing on top of your existing subscription benefits.
- Windscreen Plus. This entitles you to one windscreen chip repair and 30% off all windscreen replacements.
What company underwrites NRMA's policies?
NRMA is part of the Insurance Australian Group (IAG), which also provides insurance through Swann Insurance, SGIC, SGIO and CGU in Australia. IAG also has businesses in Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
More guides on Finder
How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich live and match preview
Giants of German football face off in one of Europe's biggest rivalries.
How to watch Melbourne City vs Western United A-League live and match preview
Champions Melbourne City host Western United in round 3 of the 2021 A-League season.
F1 world title: How Max Verstappen can become champion this weekend
There are 4 ways Max Verstappen can win the F1 title in the Saudi Arabian GP. We've laid them all out.
Where to watch ER online in Australia
The emergency room is no place for the faint of heart.
Binance tutorial for total beginners (2021) – Hands-on steps to buying crypto
We run through how you buy and trade cryptocurrencies on the Binance exchange.
Ethereum within 2% of new all-time-high price as another global brand adopts NFTs
The past 7 days have seen ETH iron out its recent volatility-induced losses.
Bitcoin’s stagnation is alarming and could be followed by more bearish price action
The last 30-days have seen BTC register substantial losses of over 10%.
Australia’s best weekend deals for December 3, 2021
Australia's best weekend deals include 50% off at BCF, half-price ASICS shoes at Foot Locker, 80% off hot fashion at Nasty Gal.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: $130 off Philips air fryers, $250 off Apple AirPods Max, 50% off at Myer.
What’s the last day you can shop online for Christmas? Retail cut-off dates
Here are the Christmas delivery cut-off dates for 50 major Australian retailers.
Ask an Expert