The loans.com.au Essentials Home Loan offers a competitive rate and minimal fees, along with some basic features.
The loans.com.au Essentials Home Loan is a basic home loan with minimal fees. Read this product review to find out if it's the right loan for you.
Smart Loan Package offer
Loans.com.au is currently offering the Smart Loan Package home loan, which offers competitive rates for those who package their owner occupier loan with their investment loan.
|Product Name||loans.com.au Essentials|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$50,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Loan Term||15 years|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||80%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||No|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- No monthly or application fees.
- Unlimited additional repayments and a redraw facility.
- Interest only repayment options are available.
- No offset account.
- Valuation fee of $220 or at cost
- $300 settlement fee.
What should I consider about this loan?
loans.com.au is a 100% online lender. While this means fewer overhead costs (so the savings are passed onto their customers), it also means that there are no branches and face-to-face communication. Communication is conducted mainly on the phone and online. This loan is available for purchasing or refinancing your home. Both owner occupiers and investors are eligible. You can also opt for interest-only repayments for a period, although keep in mind that switching to interest only repayments can change the interest rate you'll pay. There's also no offset account offered with this loan, although unlimited extra repayments are allowed and there's a redraw facility offered.
What are the features and benefits of the loans.com.au Essentials Home Loan?
- Extra repayments. You can put as much extra cash as you like towards the Essentials Home Loan to help you pay your loan off sooner.
- Redraw facility. If you find that you need to access extra repayments you've made in the past, you can do this through the redraw facility. There's no minimum redraw amount, and it's free to redraw.
- Loan amounts. You can borrow from $50,000 to $1,000,000.
- Loan-to-value ratio (LVR). You can borrow up to 80% of the property's value with this loan. The value is determined by an independent valuer hired by loans.com.au and not the price that you have paid for it. This means you'll need at least a 20% deposit to qualify for this loan.
- Repayments. Principal and interest repayments are available with this loan. Interest-only repayments are available for up to five years.
- Split loan facility. You get up to five free splits or sub-accounts with this product. This means you can split this loan and take advantage of the other loans on offer from loans.com.au. Note that the Offset Variable is not available for this facility.
What are the fees and charges?
- Application fee, $0. At the moment loans.com.au does not charge an application fee for this loan.
- Monthly fee, $0. You won't need worry about ongoing, monthly or annual fees for this loan.
- Government charges, $Varies. Depending on your borrowing situation, you may be eligible for a concession or exemption.
- Settlement fee, $300. This fee covers the cost of setting up your accounts once the loan is approved and established.
- Valuation fee, $220 or at cost. This fee is charged to cover the cost of sending a valuer to the property that is to be held as security to estimate its value.
- Discharge fee: $300. This is charged when you close all your loan accounts with loans.com.au.
- Discharge documentation fee: $250. This fee is charged to organise all the documents associated with closing your home loan accounts.
How do I apply or find out more information?
If you would like to find out more information, apply, or just speak to someone about the loans.com.au Essentials home loan, please click on 'go to site' to be taken to loans.com.au's enquiry page. You'll be taken to a page that is similar to the one that is pictured, where you can enter a few of your details and a loans.com.au consultant will be in touch with you at a time that suits you. This enquiry is obligation-free and does not appear on your credit file.
What can I expect during the loan process?
The below diagram is courtesy of loans.com.au and represents the loan application process after you contact them.