Life Insurance Companies in Australia
Compare 25+ life insurance companies in Australia — see our top picks and check out prices to find the right brand.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Top life insurance companies in Australia: 2021 finalists
Compare life insurance brands and prices
To give you an idea of how much life insurance costs, we requested quotes from 18 different insurers using the profile of a 40-year old, non-smoking accountant with 100K annual income, has no pre-existing medical conditions and is seeking $500,000 life insurance.
The pricing in the table is the premium amount per month.
|Brand||Female quote||Male quote||Find out more|
|$22.50||$28.58||Go to Site|
|$42.50||$54.74||Go to Site|
|$37.72||$47.60||Go to Site|
|$40.38||$52.00||Go to Site|
|$27.89||$35.43||Go to Site|
|$16.25||$21.02||Go to Site|
*These quotes were accurate as of December 2021.
What's the difference between a life insurance company and a brand?
- Companies. These are the ones who create the policy and assess the risk of the applicant,
- Brands. This is who distributes and sell the policies to customers online or through advisers.
Note: A company can also be a brand, e.g. TAL also sells under its own brand TAL.
There are currently 27 listed life insurance companies in Australia, according to the latest Australian Prudential Authority (APRA) (29 June 2021). These are:
- AIA Australia Limited
- Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited
- AMP Life Limited
- Asteron Life & Superannuation Limited
- Challenger Life Company Limited
- ClearView Life Assurance Limited
- Combined Life Insurance Company of Australia Ltd
- General Reinsurance Life Australia Ltd
- Hallmark Life Insurance Company Ltd.
- Hannover Life Re of Australasia Ltd
- H C F Life Insurance Company Pty Limited
- Integrity Life Australia Limited
- Macquarie Life Limited
- MetLife Insurance Limited
- MLC Limited
- Munich Reinsurance Company of Australasia Limited
- OnePath Life Limited
- Pacific Life Re (Australia) Pty Limited
- QInsure Limited
- RGA Reinsurance Company of Australia Limited
- RLNM Limited
- SCOR Global Life Australia Pty Limited
- St Andrew's Life Insurance Pty Ltd
- Swiss Re Life & Health Australia Limited
- TAL Life Limited
- Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited
- Zurich Australia Limited
Search our A-Z list of life insurers
More guides on Finder
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
Do I need life insurance to buy a house?
Not everyone needs to get life insurance when they buy a home – but there are some important exceptions.
Travel insurance that covers COVID
Here's how travel insurers are responding to the pandemic.
Travel insurance for over 70s
Over 70 and need travel insurance? Compare your options to get affordable cover for what matters.
Travel insurance for seniors over 80
Travel insurance is an essential expense for anyone planning a trip overseas, though sometimes it can be difficult to find cover if you are over 80 years of age.
Travel insurance for over 85
Guide to finding travel insurance if you're over 85 years of age.
Trekking travel insurance
Trek confidently with one of these 10+ brands that offer trekking insurance.
Your comprehensive guide to getting trailer insurance for caravans, mobile homes and box trailers.
2022 Porsche Taycan review
Save time with 4 expert car reviews of the Porsche Taycan combined into one.
Finder Earn lets you get a return of up to 6.01% p.a. on your capital, compounded daily. Find out how it works and how to get it here.
Ask an Expert