ING cuts term deposit rates
Lengthier terms suffer largest reductions.
ING Australia has reduced interest rates for both personal and business term deposit accounts. The Dutch-owned bank lowered 90-day, 180-day and 210-day term deposits by 0.10%. 330-day term deposits were cut 0.40%, while 1 year deposits were trimmed 0.20%. 120 day, 270 day and 2 year term deposit rates remain unchanged.
|Length||Previous Rate||New Rate|
For existing term deposit clients wishing to rollover, previous rates will remain valid until 19 January 2017. Ahead of the Reserve Bank of Australia's (RBA) interest rate decision last month, many major banks reduced term deposit and savings account rates. However, ING bucked the trend, raising rates for its Savings Maximiser online customers. If you're curious as to how changes in the cash rate affect you, check out our in-depth explanation. Visit our RBA cash rate page for the latest news, updates and forecasts on the upcoming announcement. Put more money in your pocket by comparing leading rates, fees and charges, bonus interest and savings incentives using finder.com.au's helpful and insightful banking comparison guide.
- 4 migrants give their must-do tips for moving to Australia
- Taking out an Australian mortgage for the first time? Here are our top tips
- 5 must-know tips if you’re thinking about moving abroad
- 5 things you need to do if you’ve just moved to Australia
- Savings account or term deposit? Things to consider for 2023