RACV Home Insurance provides comprehensive protection against storm, flood, fire, theft, vandalism, broken glass and much more. You can take out cover for buildings only or contents only, or combine the two policies together to create a package that provides complete peace of mind.
The benefits of RACV Home Insurance include new for old cover for lost, stolen and damaged items as well as cover for temporary accommodation costs, removal of debris, keys and locks, and credit card theft. Up to $20 million of legal liability cover ensures that you’re protected if someone else suffers property damage or an injury while on your property, and you can take out optional cover for accidental damage and portable values to increase your level of protection.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the RACV website or compare a bunch of other home insurance companies with finder.
RACV Home Insurance levels of cover
RACV Home Insurance
- Covers loss or damage caused by storm, flood, rainwater run-off, storm surge, water and oil leaks, tsunami, earthquake, lightning, fire, theft or attempted theft, vandalism or a malicious act, broken glass, impact damage, animal damage, explosion, riots or civil commotion
- Easy 24/7 claims service
- Lifetime guarantee on authorised repairs
- Take out standalone building cover or contents cover, or combine the two for comprehensive protection
- Credit card theft
- Temporary accommodation costs
- New for old cover on lost, stolen or damaged items
- Keys and locks
- Demolition costs and removal of debris
- Range of benefits for landlords
- Up to $20 million in legal liability cover
- Optional accidental damage cover
- Optional portable valuables cover
- Flexible premium payment options
- Your choice of excess
RACV Home Insurance excess
An excess is the amount you are required to contribute towards the cost of a claim. There are three types of excesses that apply to RACV Home Insurance, and depending on the nature of your claim you may need to pay more than one excess.
The excesses are:
- Basic excess. This excess must be paid when you make a claim for a listed event. You can choose one of the following amounts as your basic excess: $100, $200, $300, $500, $750, $1,000, $2,000, $3,000, $4,000, $5,000. Policyholders 50 years of age and older can also choose a nil excess instead of the $100 option.
- Accidental damage excess. This $300 excess is payable if you have chosen the accidental damage option and you make a claim for accidental damage.
- Special excess. The insurer may choose to apply a special excess for one of the listed events covered by your policy.
Who is eligible for RACV Home Insurance?
RACV Home Insurance is available for domestic residential properties within Australia. There are no other eligibility criteria that need to be met, but you should compare a range of home and contents policies before deciding whether RACV Home Insurance cover is right for you.
Making a claim
There are two ways to lodge a claim on your RACV Home Insurance policy:
- Online. You can submit your claim online via the RACV website.
- Over the phone. You can phone the RACV Claims and Assistance Centre to speak to a consultant.
You’ll need to provide your policy details and information about the event for which you are claiming, and RACV will advise whether you need to pay an excess.
Keep a few simple tips in mind to ensure that your claim is processed as quickly as possible:
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent further loss or damage
- Do not admit any fault or liability
- Report theft, attempted theft, vandalism or any malicious act to the police immediately
- Co-operate fully with RACV; for example you may need to allow an RACV representative to inspect your home or contents
- Provide any information the insurer requests, such as letters, court documents, purchase receipts and police report numbers