Unlike other high interest savings accounts, there are no conditions you need to meet to earn the full rate of interest. The Customs Bank Online Supersaver Account has a tiered rate of interest. Balances greater than $0 earn the top tier: 1.75% p.a. This is a purely online savings account. Make transfers to a transaction account to withdraw your money.
What are the features of the Customs Bank Online Supersaver Account?
- No minimum deposit. The Customs Bank Online Supersaver Account has no minimum deposit requirement to earn the full rate of interest. You’ll continue to earn interest regardless of whether you make a deposit in Online Supersaver Account or not each month.
- No minimum fixed term. Get term term deposit rates without the fixed commitment. There’s no minimum period of time you have to keep your money in the Custom Bank Online Supersaver Account.
- No minimum balance. The Custom Bank Online Supersaver Account has no minimum balance requirement to earn interest. Keep in mind that balances less than $499 do not accrue interest.
- Fees. Account fees may apply when you want to access the money in your Custom Bank Online Supersaver Account. A $5.00 over the counter withdrawal fee is charged when you want access to your money via a Customs Bank service centre. Make BPAY payments to other accounts for free.
- Account access. The Online Supersaver Account doesn’t include a debit card or cheque book. You can access your money using the Customs Bank telephone and Internet banking facility. To withdraw funds, you can make a BPAY payment another account.
- Periodical payment. Set up a periodical payment from the Online Supersaver Account to pay your recurring debts. You still earn the full applicable rate of interest if you make withdrawals from this account.
- Direct credit. Get your salary paid to the Online Supersaver so you can grow your savings balance and earn more interest.
- Eligibility. This account is available for personal applicants. The Customs Bank Online Supersaver isn’t open to applications in a business name. You can also apply for this account jointly in two names.
- At-call access to funds
- No deposit or withdrawals requirements
- No minimum balance requirements
- Interest calculated daily and paid monthly
How do I apply for the Customs Bank Online Supersaver?
Start an online application for the Customs Bank Online Supersaver by clicking “apply”. Clicking “apply” will redirect you to the Customs Bank website. The application can be complete in under 10 minutes and it’s completely secure.
- Eligibility. This account is open to personal applicants. You can’t apply for the Online Supersaver in the name of a business. You can also apply for this account in two people’s names.
Existing Customs Bank members can use their Customs Bank membership number to skip to the stage of the application where you select the product you want to apply for. If you’re new to Customs Bank, the application requires you to input your contact details:
- Documentation. Enter your name, your residential address, your preferred contact number and the best time for a Customs Bank representative to contact you about your application.
Once you submit your application for the Customs Bank Online Supersaver Account, a representative will be in touch to discuss your Customs Bank membership.
Customs Bank are a division of Police Bank and a mutual banking institution. Mutual banks are responsible to members. Each member has a say in how the institution is run. Customs Bank ask that you provide a guarantee to pay $10 in case the institution stops operations — a small price to pay for a stake in your financial institution.