We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Among a full range of other financial services, ANZ Bank also offers car insurance. If you’re already with ANZ, this enables you keep everything under one umbrella. If you’re not, it might still be worth getting your car insurance here anyway.
Check out what ANZ car insurance has to offer and see whether it’s right for you.
We don't currently have this brand on our panel. But don't fret! You can head to the ANZ Insurance website or compare car insurance from a bunch of other insurance companies with Finder.
What cover options do I have?
You can choose to take out:
- Third party car insurance
- Third party fire and theft car insurance
- Comprehensive car insurance
You can also get some special variations on cover that might help you save money. These are only available with comprehensive car insurance:
- Nominated driver car insurance. Choose up to two drivers aged 25 and over to be the nominated drivers of your vehicle. You can get lower premiums, but will only be covered when these drivers get behind the wheel.
- Nominated driver low kilometre car insurance. Nominate two drivers age 25 and over as above, and drive only 10,000km per year. You can get lower premiums, but if you exceed the 10,000km limit you may have to pay an additional premium. This option is not available in Tasmania.
What is actually covered?
|Feature||Third party||Third party fire and theft||Comprehensive|
|Third party property damage|
|Accidental damage cover|
|Storm or flood|
|Theft or attempted theft|
|Vandalism or malicious damage|
|Baby capsule and child seat cover|
|Emergency or temporary repairs|
|Hire vehicle costs after theft or attempted theft|
|Legal costs for a coronial inquiry|
|Removal of debris|
|Re-coding or replacement of locks and keys|
|New vehicle replacement after a total loss|
|Storage costs following an event|
|Towing and transport|
|Trailers attached to your vehicle|
|Towing and accommodation while away from home|
|Damage caused by an uninsured motorist|
What additional cover options are there?
For an extra cost, you can also add:
- Windscreen extension. No-excess windscreen and window glass replacement and repair, up to once per period of insurance.
- One at-fault claim protection. Allows you to make one at-fault claim during your period of insurance without affecting your no-claims bonus.
- All at-fault claims protection. Once you’ve reached the maximum no-claims bonus, you can select this option to make unlimited at-fault claims per period of insurance, without affecting your no-claims bonus.
What exclusions apply?
ANZ car insurance does not cover:
- The cost of replacing or repairing any parts that wear out, fail or break down
- Rust, corrosion, depreciation or similar wear and tear
- Tyre damage caused by braking, punctures, cuts or bursting
- Deliberate damage caused by you or someone with your permission
- Your car being driven by a driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or a driver refusing to take a drug or alcohol test when requested by the authorities
- Your car being driven by someone other than a nominated driver if you have chosen a nominated driver policy
- Your car being driven while unregistered or in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition
You are also required to take reasonable steps to prevent damage or loss, such as by pulling over to the shoulder of the road after an accident and putting on your hazard lights, if you’re able to. For full exclusions ensure you read the PDS.
How much does ANZ Car Insurance cost?
Your premiums are affected by factors including:
- The type of cover and cover options you have chosen
- Your excess(es)
- The value of your vehicle
- The age, make and model of your vehicle
- Any modifications or accessories insured under your policy
- Where your vehicle is kept and what it is used for
- The age, driving experience and claims history of the driver(s)
- Any special conditions that ANZ may apply
There are four types of excesses that may apply:
- Basic excess. The standard excess, which varies depending on your location and the make and model of your vehicle.
- Age excess. An additional excess for drivers under 25 years of age.
- Inexperienced driver excess. An additional excess for drivers aged 25 or older, who have less than two years driving experience.
- Additional excess. An additional excess that applies in specific situations, such as if you have a history of traffic infringements.
If you have a nominated driver or a low-kilometre policy, additional excesses may apply if the vehicle is found to have been driven by someone other than a nominated driver or beyond the kilometre limit.
How can you pay your premiums and make a claim?
You can pay your premiums either annually or monthly at no extra cost. You can pay by cheque, credit card or direct debit.
To make a claim, call 1800 062 660, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will need to provide:
- The contact details of the people involved in the event, including their name, current address, vehicle registration and insurer where applicable.
- Any letters, notices or court documents you have received about the event, within 72 hours of receiving them.
- The police report number for any claims related to theft, attempted theft, vandalism or malicious acts.
More guides on Finder
ANZ Breakfree Home Loan Package Fixed
Achieve greater financial manageability with all of your accounts linked together into one package that also includes a fixed rate home loan.
ANZ Breakfree Home Loan Package Review
The ANZ Breakfree Package waives a range of fees on your home loan and other ANZ products in exchange for charging an annual fee. Here's what you should know first.
ANZ Standard Variable Home Loan
The ANZ Standard Variable Home Loan is a full feature loan with a 100% offset account, a maximum LVR of 90% and can be used for investment properties.
ANZ Equity Manager Home Loan
With the ANZ Equity Manager you can put the equity in your home to work with a line of credit home loan.
ANZ Simplicity PLUS Home Loan
The ANZ Simplicity PLUS Home Loan offers competitive rates and low fees. Compare and apply.
Ask an Expert