The BOQ Fast Track Starter Account is a high interest savings account for Australians aged 14-24 years old. The account offers an ongoing maximum bonus rate of 4.00% p.a. on balances up to $10,000 when you link to a BOQ Day2Day Plus Account and deposit at least $200 a month. Balances over $10,000 stand to earn up to 2.80% p.a.
If you’re 25 or older, you’ll receive a BOQ Fast Track Saver Account instead, which offers a maximum bonus rate of 3.00% p.a. when you meet the account conditions.
This account offers bonus interest each month you meet the account conditions. If you don’t deposit $200 one month, you’ll still be eligible for bonus interest the next month if you meet the deposit criteria.
No account-keeping fees
There are no monthly account-keeping fees charged to this account or to the linked BOQ Day2Day Plus Account.
For 14-24 year olds only
This account is for Australians aged 14-24 years old only. If you're 25 or older, you'll receive a BOQ Fast Track Saver Account.
Earn up to 4.00% p.a. on your savings
This savings account offers a very competitive maximum interest rate of 4.00% p.a. on balances up to $10,000 each month if you meet the account conditions. This includes a standard variable base rate of 0.50% p.a. and a variable bonus rate of 3.50% p.a. Balances above $10,000 offer a maximum interest rate of % p.a.
You must deposit $200 a month to earn bonus interest.
To be eligible for the bonus interest, you need to link the account to a BOQ Day2Day Plus Account and deposit at least $200 into the account each month from an external account (this means you can transfer money from another BOQ account you have in your name). You're free to withdraw from the account and still be eligible for the bonus interest.
Interest calculated daily and paid monthly
The interest on this account is calculated daily and paid into your BOQ Fast Track Starter account monthly. The bonus rate is ongoing, meaning if you don't meet the bonus interest criteria one month, you'll still be eligible the next month if you meet the account conditions.
Linked transaction account
To earn the bonus interest, you need to link this savings account to a BOQ Day2Day Plus Account. You'll also need to use this transaction account to transfer money back and forth from your savings. The Day2Day Plus Account has no monthly fees and comes with a linked Visa Debit Card. The debit card has Visa payWave, so you can make tap-and-go purchases without entering a PIN for transactions below $100.
- High ongoing bonus rate of up to 4.00% p.a. on balances up to $10,000
- Make unlimited withdrawals without losing the bonus interest
- No account-keeping fees
- Visa Debit Card on linked transaction account offers payWave
- Monthly deposit requirement of $200 to earn bonus interest
- High 4.00% p.a. bonus rate is only for a balance of $10,000 and lower
How do I apply for the BOQ Fast Track Starter Account?
You can apply for this account online in 10 minutes or less. Read the eligibility criteria below, and see what information you need in order to complete your application.
- Minimum age requirement. This account is for 14-24 year olds. If you're 25 of older, you'll be given a BOQ Fast Track Savings Account instead.
- Residency requirement. You must be an Australian permanent resident with an Australian residential address.
- Linked transaction account. If you don't already have one, you'll receive a free, linked BOQ Day2Day Plus Account at the same time as your savings account.
- Identification. You'll need to supply two forms of ID so BOQ can verify your identity. This could be your driver's licence, passport, Medicare card or birth certificate.
- Personal details. You'll also need to supply your full name, date of birth, an Australian residential address and telephone number.
- Tax file number (TFN). If you don't supply this, the bank will withhold tax at the highest marginal rate.