AMP SuperEdge Cash Account
- Maximum variable rate
- 1.00% p.a.
- Base interest rate
- Minimum deposit
The SuperEdge Cash Account from AMP gives your self-managed super fund (SMSF) an interest earning edge that you don’t get with just any savings account. This is a high interest savings account designed to help you with managing your SMSF using multiple access methods at no cost to you.
No monthly account management fees
You can link to a savings account
Only available for SMSFs
No Visa debit card or digital wallet
|AMP SuperEdge Cash Account
|Maximum Variable Rate
|Standard Variable Rate
|Monthly Account Fee
|Minimum Opening Deposit
Monthly account keeping fees
AMP does not charge any monthly account management fees for SuperEdge Cash Account.
Your balance grows with a variable interest rate.
Interest is calculated on your balance every day and the payment due paid into the account each month. This allows you to earn even more with compound interest.
Accessing your money
You can make manage your cash and make transfers at any time using the My AMP app or by phone. There are unlimited transactions and withdrawals.
How to apply
In order to apply for the AMP SuperEdge Cash Account you can either call and speak with a representative of the financial institution or visit their website and download an application form that will then be sent to them. Before getting started check to make sure that you are able to meet the eligibility requirements:
- Minimum age. There are no minimum age requirements set forth by AMP for the SuperEdge Cash Account, but you do need to be an authorized signatory of a registered SMSF in order to qualify to apply.
- Residency requirements. Only Australian residents are allowed to open the SuperEdge Cash Account.
- Depository requirements. No minimum opening balance is asked for in order to activate this account.
As you work your way through the application, you will find it helpful to have the following documentation nearby:
- Tax file number. It is not obligatory to provide you tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption code. This is used by AMP to calculate the correct withholding tax rate to apply to your interest earnings. If not given, they are required to withhold tax at the highest marginal rate.
- Identification. A passport, Medicare card or driver's licence contains the information needed to confirm your identity. If you are new to AMP you may need to complete this step at a participating Bank@Post office.
- SMSF information. As this account is only available for an SMSF, you will need to be able to provide information that is relevant.
What happens after I submit my application?
After signing and submitting your application, it will be reviewed and if necessary additional identification documents will be mailed to you within three days. Once that is returned to AMP, your new account will be available to use in the next two business days.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
December 04, 2022
Hi, Can i please get an application sent to my email Fabricate@firepoint.net.au to open a AMP SuperEdge Cash Account?
Alison Banney Finder
December 20, 2022
You have reached Finder, a comparison site. Please visit AMP’s website to download their SuperEdge Cash Account application form. You can also apply online.
For further inquiries, feel free to call them at 13 30 30 or send them an email at email@example.com.
They’re available during these times:
Mon – Fri: 8am – 8pm (AEST)
Sat & Sun 9am – 5pm (AEST)
Show more Show less
September 09, 2021
How can I use $0.00 monthly bank fees !! Also best rates in SMSF??? Investment returns?
Alison Banney Finder
September 10, 2021
The AMP SuperEdge Cash Account can be used as a cash hub for your SMSF money when it’s not invested. This account has not monthly fees.
In terms of SMSF investment returns, this entirely depends on the SMSF investment strategy and will be different for each SMSF.
Our hub page on SMSFs has lots of information on how SMSFs work, how to set one up and how to invest with an SMSF: https://www.finder.com.au/self-managed-super-funds
I hope this helps.
Show more Show less