After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Compare Telstra business mobile plans for April 2020
Compare flexible mobile plans designed to scale with businesses of any size.
What you need to know about Telstra's business mobile plans
Telstra offers an array of mobile plans targeted at businesses both big and small. These include SIM-only plans for businesses that don't need new phones as well as handset plans that offer the latest smartphones on a 24- or 36-month repayment contract.
Scaling up, Telstra also provides a wealth of mobile solutions for larger businesses wanting to group multiple plans under a single bill. These plans come with shared data allowances, allowing for employees with heavier data requirements to make use of data other employees don't need.
Telstra's business mobile plans support a range of optional inclusions for managing your company's mobile needs. These include the Telstra Mobile Device Management (T-MDM) portal, which provides a central interface for tracking call and data usage across all your employee's devices, for deploying applications to those devices and for protecting your company's data with a suite of security services.
If you're looking to keep your team up-to-date with the latest in mobile technology, Telstra's business plans are also eligible for the "New Phone/Tablet Feeling" program, which lets you upgrade your employee's devices to the latest model after 12 months on contract. On the other hand, if your employees are taking their devices into treacherous territory, you can sign up for the StayConnected Advanced service, which lets you quickly swap or replace a device for a discounted fee if something goes wrong or a particular device proves unsuitable for your business.
What are the different Telstra business mobile plans?
Telstra's business phone plans are much the same as the telco's standard mobile plans, supporting a wide range of the latest handsets and featuring data inclusions starting at 15GB and topping out at 150GB. Each includes unlimited standard talk and text, and can be paired with a wide range of Android and Apple smartphones. You can choose to pay off your selected handset on a 24-month or 36-month schedule.
What additional services are offered?
For larger businesses, Telstra offers a Mobile Device Management portal for tracking and configuring your employees' phone and tablet usage. This service is available on a 30-day trial, after which point it's charged on a monthly basis with pricing dependent on the number of licenses attached to your account.
If you don’t want to manage the mobile side of your business yourself, Telstra also offers a range of managed services to take care of that for you. These include app management for controlling your employees' access to different mobile apps, service delivery management for assessing your company's mobile performance and fleet management for handling the hardware aspects of your company's mobile activities.
Lastly, Telstra offers a catalogue of business mobile apps to complement its mobile plans. Among these are many of Microsoft's business-oriented applications including Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft SharePoint. All apps can be distributed to your employees' devices through the Mobile Device Management portal, and Telstra provides consultation on the use of each app and how it can contribute to the growth of your business.
- Large range of plans. Businesses of all sizes can find a plan appropriate for their needs.
- Shared data. No need to micro-manage each employee's data requirements.
- Plenty of extras. Business apps, consultation services and a simple management portal make controlling the mobile side of your business even easier.
- Device plans are only available on 24 or 36-month contracts. You have to commit for the long term unless you want to pay an expensive termination fee.
- No unlimited data plans. If your business spends a lot of time online on-the-go, you could end up paying steep excess data charges.
- Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown
- Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert