A NAB Personal Overdraft gives you more money when you need it for everyday purchases and personal investments. An overdraft facility is linked to your NAB transaction account and can give you automatic access to credit to prevent you overdrawing your account.
This feature is ideal if you’re a freelancer or contract worker with an inconsistent pay cycle. Simply repay the funds you draw on when you do get paid.
What are the features of the NAB Personal Overdraft?
The NAB Personal Overdraft can be used for everyday personal expenses, it's not restricted for business use.
A NAB Personal Overdraft is an unsecured line of credit.
Interest charged at 12.77% p.a..
If your balance goes into negative (if you withdraw more than what's available in your everyday account), you'll be charged 12.77% p.a. interest. Interest is calculated at the end of each day, so if your balance goes into negative then back into positive within the same day you won't be charged interest.
There are no scheduled monthly repayments. Pay back your overdraft balance when you can.
The minimum overdraft limit is $500.
The maximum overdraft limit is based on NAB’s lending criteria. NAB can approve an overdraft limit up to the value of $250,000 or more.
Tiered application fee.
Overdraft limits less than $40,000 do not incur an application fee. The application fee increases depending on your approved overdraft limit. For example, a $600 application fee is charged for overdraft limits of $40,001 - $60,000 and $725 application fee applies for an overdraft limit of $60,001 - $80,000.
$35 overdraft line fee.
An overdraft line fee is charged every 6 months on the first day of March and September. The line fee increases with the size of the overdraft limit. The minimum line fee is $35, which is charged twice a year regardless of if you us the overdraft feature or not.
Access your NAB overdraft line of credit the same way you access your funds in your NAB transaction account: EFTPOS and online purchases, ATM withdrawals, online and telephone banking transactions.
Make BPAY payments and transfers to other accounts from NAB’s internet banking facility.
A NAB Personal Overdraft can ensure you always have enough money in your NAB transaction account so you never miss an automatic payment from your account.
Get your employer to automatically pay your wage directly into your NAB account.
To apply for a NAB Personal Overdraft, you must already hold an eligible NAB transaction account such as the NAB Classic Banking, NAB Retirement, NAB Investment Cash Manager or NAB Gold Banking – Private accounts.
- Peace of mind knowing you have funds
- No application fee (up to $40,000)
- Overdraft fees apply
How do I apply for a NAB Personal Overdraft?
Click ‘apply’ to start the online application for a NAB Personal Overdraft account. When you click ‘apply’ you will be directed to the NAB website. The application can be completed in 10 minutes. Before you apply, check your eligibility for a NAB Personal Overdraft below.
- Minimum age. You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Personal applications. You can not apply for this account in the name of a company, business or a trust.
- Eligible account. You must already hold a NAB Classic Banking, Retirement, Investment Cash Manager or Gold Banking — Private account to apply for a NAB Personal Overdraft.
You must tell NAB about yourself when you apply for this account. Your employment information and details of your assets and liabilities will be used to assess your eligibility for a NAB Personal Overdraft.
- Personal information. Enter your full name, date of birth, email address, whether you support any dependent children and your residential address. You will also be asked to enter similar information for a relative reference.
- Identification. You can confirm your identity with the bank by entering the BSB and account number of your existing NAB eligible transaction account.
- Employment information. Select your employment status and enter your employer’s contact information such as the address and contact numbers.
- Assets and liabilities. Enter information about your assets such as your home or vehicles and any liabilities you hold like non-NAB loans or credit cards.
NAB will contact you on the email you provided soon after you submit your application for this account. If you are approved for a Personal Overdraft, the funds will become available within 3 - 4 business days.