NAB iSaver Account Review
Earn 0.35% for 4 months with this flexible savings account from NAB.
The NAB iSaver Account offers a bonus interest rate of 0.35% for 4 months. There's no transaction fees and no account keeping fees, and you can make as many withdrawals from the account as needed while still earning interest.
Maximum variable rate
Base interest rate
Shirley Liu is Finder's global program manager. She was previously the publisher for banking and investments and has also written comparisons for energy, money transfers, Uber Eats and many other topics. Shirley has a Master of Commerce and a Bachelor of Media, Journalism and Communications from the University of New South Wales. She is passionate about helping people find the best deal for their needs.
This account offers the bonus interest for balances up to $20,000,000.
No monthly fees
With NAB's iSaver you pay no monthly account keeping or maintenance fees.
Unlimited free transactions
Move funds in and out of the account as needed, without incurring fees, and keep earning interest on your balance.
No minimum balance
There are no balance requirements for the iSaver Account, but there is a $20,000,000 maximum balance.
Earn up to 0.35% for 4 months
This account offers an introductory bonus rate of up to 0.35% for the first 4 months after opening the account. This includes a bonus rate of 0.3% p.a. on top of the standard variable rate. After this period you'll earn the standard variable interest rate of 0.05% p.a. on your account balance.
No conditions for receiving bonus interest
There are no minimum balance requirements and no deposit requirements for receiving the introductory bonus interest rate for the first 4 months, making this account super flexible. You can withdraw money from the account and still earn interest.
Interest calculated daily
Your interest is calculated every day and deposited into your account once a month. Because it's calculated daily, this means you'll benefit from compound interest.
Link to a NAB transaction account
This account must be linked to a NAB transaction account. If you need to access the money in your iSaver Account, you can transfer the money to your linked NAB transaction account using Internet or mobile banking.
Online and app access
You can make transfers using NAB Internet Banking or NAB Telephone Banking as often as you like. Plus, the free NAB app for iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows Phone gives you all the same access as online banking does, as well as the NAB's ATM locator feature
How to apply
If the NAB iSaver is right for you, you can apply online in a matter of minutes.
Before proceeding with the application, take a look at the following eligibility requirements:
- Minimum age. In order to be eligible for this account you must be at least 16 years of age.
- Residency requirements. Australian residents are eligible to apply for this account as well as individuals who are coming to Australia with a valid visa to study, work or live. For those individuals who are applying from outside of Australia, or who have been in the country for less than six weeks, there is a separate application form to fill out.
- Depository requirements. There is no minimum amount you need to deposit in order to open this account.
In addition to making sure you are eligible for the account you should also check that you have the following documentation readily available in order to help provide the correct information on the application:
- Tax file number. You are under no obligation to provide your tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption code, but by doing so you are ensuring that the withholding tax applied on your earned interest is the correct amount.
- Identification. Existing NAB customers will need to provide details from a photo identification document to continue with the application while new customers will be asked to pay a visit to a local NAB branch and complete a standard 100 point ID check.
- Transaction account. You are required to have a NAB transaction account in order to open the iSaver. Be prepared to provide the account name, BSB and account number on the application.
What happens after I submit my application?
After your application has been submitted and the information confirmed by NAB, you will receive a welcome pack at the address you provided containing information about your new account. If necessary, you will be asked to stop by a branch to complete certain information.