The NAB Private Tailored Package is an exclusive offer that gives Private Wealth clients access to specialised banking products such as the Gold Banking transaction account. This account arms you with a Gold Visa debit card to make purchases and withdrawals wherever Visa is accepted without having to pay any monthly fees.
Note: The NAB Gold Banking account ceased being available for new applications from 23 April 2012.
What are the features of the NAB Gold banking account?
Compare NAB’s premier transaction account with what you get from other Australian banks to help you find an account that best suits your banking needs. Please be aware that this account is for NAB Private Tailored Customers - you cannot apply for this as a standalone account.
No account keeping fees
NAB does not charge a monthly fee for this account.
No minimum account balance
You are not required to maintain a minimum account balance.
You have the option of using online and phone banking, EFTPOS, Bank@Post, chequebook and branch banking with this account.
Gold Visa Debit card
It’s also linked to an exclusive Gold Visa debit card, which is used to make point-of-sale, online and phone purchases as well as cash withdrawals.
Use NAB and rediATMs for free
You can use your debit card to make unlimited withdrawals at NAB and rediATMs across Australia. NAB does not charge you for using ATMs outside of this network, but you may be charged fees by the institution that owns the ATM.
$5 for overseas ATM withdrawals.
The Gold Visa debit card can be used at ATMs overseas, but you will be charged $5 per withdrawal and $1 for a balance enquiry. A fee of 3.00% of the Australian dollar amount is also charged if your transaction is made in a foreign currency. All of these fees are waived when this account is included as a part of the NAB Private Tailored Package.
Your Gold Visa debit card has Visa payWave, allowing you to make purchases of under $100 at a terminal without swiping your card or signing your name.
Visa Entertainment offers
Your debit card provides access to exclusive deals on events, shows and movies through Visa Entertainment.
You are given complimentary insurance through the NAB Gold Visa debit card for overseas travel, purchase protection, extended warranty, price protection, interstate flight inconvenience, transport accident and domestic hotel burglary.
You have the option of adding a personal overdraft to the account, if you qualify.
Available to selected customers
NAB Private Wealth clients with a Private Tailored Package are eligible to open the Gold Banking everyday account.
- Get exclusive deals through Visa Entertainment
- Complimentary insurances on offer
- $0 Account keeping fees
- $5 fee for overseas ATMs
- 3% international transaction fees apply applies
- Need combined amount of at least $500,000 invested in one or more NAB banking products
- $750 fee applies for becoming Private Wealth clients who get access to specialised banking products such as the Gold Banking transaction account
How do I apply for the NAB Gold Banking transaction account?
Private Wealth clients who wish to open a NAB Gold Banking transaction account can either contact their NAB banker or visit a branch. If you are not already a Private Wealth client, you will need to meet one of the below conditions in order to qualify to become one. Once you have become a Private Wealth customer, you’ll need the below documentation when opening the Gold Banking transaction account.
Eligibility criteria for NAB Private Wealth clients
- NAB banking products. You’ll need a combined amount of at least $500,000 invested in one or more NAB banking products.
- Income. An annual gross income of at least $250,000 for individuals or $350,000 for a family.
- Assets. $1 million in assets for personal investment.
- Tax file number. Providing NAB with your tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption code will ensure that you are not charged the highest marginal tax rate on any of your interest earning accounts.
- Identification. Acceptable forms of identification for opening an account include your driver licence, passport or Medicare card.
The NAB Private Tailored Package comes with an annual fee of $750. This fee is charged when you first enter into the package and on the annual anniversary date every year thereafter. This fee gives you access to the Gold Banking transaction account as well as concessions on some lending products and interest rates.