Macquarie Bank’s Line of Credit Home Loan Package allows you to access your equity for a variety of reasons
When going over your home loan options, you may want to have a look at a line of credit home loan. With its flexible loan structure, you have the control to allow the equity of your property to be used for your other investment options.
Macquarie Bank’s Line of Credit Home Loan is designed for investors and homebuyers who are looking for a loan that can be mixed and matched to fit varying needs.
- Macquarie Bank was recognised by Money Magazine with a 2014 Best of the Best award for best line of credit loan.
|Product Name||Macquarie Bank Line of Credit Home Loan Package|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$150,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||Yes|
|Repayment Type||Interest Only|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$363|
|Ongoing Fees||$398 p.a.|
- Redraw facility
- Additional repayment options available
- Legal fee of $363
- Annual fee of $398
Things to consider about the Macquarie Bank Line of Credit Home Loan Package
The financing that is made available through the Line of Credit Home Loan can be used to purchase, renovate or refinance an owner-occupied home or investment property.
This home loan package gives you the option of a variable or fixed rate, or a combination of the two. Save even more by locking in a new home loan rate that is effective for 90 days.
Features of the Macquarie Bank Line of Credit Home Loan
- Maximum loan amount. You can finance up to $600,000 when you borrow 95% of the home’s value or up to $2,000,000 when you only borrow 80% of the value of the property.
- Maximum loan-to-value ratio (LVR). Financing is available for up to 95% of the home’s value, however the interest rate changes as you increase the LVR and you will need to pay Lenders Mortgage Insurance for any loans with an LVR above 80%.
- Interest rate. Interest rates vary depending on the structure of your loan, but can be split between a variable rate and a fixed rate.
- Repayments. You have the choice of making interest-only repayments when you need to reduce your monthly expenses. There are no contractual repayments required—you can make them when they are due or allow them to be withdrawn from your available line of credit so long as the account remains under the credit limit.
- Extra repayments. Variable rate loans allow unlimited extra repayments while the fixed rate loan will allow up to 5% annually, giving you the opportunity to pay the loan off fast.
- Revolving credit. This loan offers a revolving line of credit using a credit card with no annual fees. Draw from your available line of credit to make purchases or pay your monthly bills.
Fees you can avoid
- Application fee. Macquarie Bank will process your loan application free of charge.
Fees you can’t avoid
- Account management fee. $398. This fee will be charged bi-annually on the last business day of March and September in the amount of $199.
- Third party costs. Third-party fees include solicitors, conveyancers, or valuer's, including the Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) provider or any other person or company that is directly related to your home loan contract or to its security after the loan's settlement date
Find out what your repayments will be in a few seconds
How to apply for the Macquarie Bank Line of Credit Home Loan
To be considered for the Macquarie Bank line of credit home loan you must be over the age of 18 with a good credit rating.
Here is the list of documents that you must provide in order to apply:
- Identification: You will be asked to provide a copy of a valid identification document plus your current address and contact information.
- Financials: Also have available a list of your current assets, debts and liabilities.
- Employment: Macquarie Bank may also ask you to provide current employer information such as name, address and telephone number. You will also have to provide current pay stubs or tax information as proof of ongoing income.
Consider all of your present and future needs before making the final decision on the home loan that is right for you. Choosing the right home loan is equally as important as picking out the house it will finance.