Kogan’s NBN 100 plan gets a price cut, with fast speeds and no lock-in contract
Kogan's discounted NBN 100 plan is now going to be on sale forever.
Kogan is doing us a solid by keeping the price of its previously discounted NBN 100 plan as its new regular monthly cost.
Until recently, it was offering NBN 100 for $78.90 for the first 6 months and then $88.90 after.
However, Kogan is now going to charge customers $78.90 as its new monthly price. The discount may be gone but the new monthly price is now cheaper beyond the 6-month mark.
Given this is Kogan's most popular NBN plan among Finder users, the news will come as a welcome surprise.
By signing up with Kogan, you'll get:
- 90Mbps typical evening speeds (these are speeds you can expect during the busiest time of the day, 7-11pm)
- Unlimited data
- No lock-in contract
- $0 activation fee
- BYO modem or pay $69 for a new one
How does Kogan's NBN 100 plan stack up against the competition?
We looked at unlimited NBN 100 plans in our database to see how Kogan's new monthly price compares to others in the Internet arena.
The cheapest NBN 100 offer is from Flip ($69) but you get 86Mbps typical evening speeds, slightly lower than Kogan.
A few more providers fare better than Kogan thanks to their 6-month discounts but come out more expensive in the long run.
|Provider||6-month discounted price||Regular price||Speed|
If you don't mind the small difference in speeds, then going with Kogan could be a good option for you, especially if you don't like switching providers frequently. There is a no lock-in contract so you can leave whenever you want.
- Good to know: NBN 100 is a good option for 4+ people who do lots of gaming, Ultra HD video streaming, and various online activities with everyone logged in at the same time.
Other NBN plans from Kogan
If NBN 100 is too much or too little for your household, Kogan is offering other plans that have also seen a price change, with most of them coming out cheaper overall.
You can get:
- NBN 25 for $63.90. This is now slightly more expensive since Kogan removed its 6-month discounted price of $57.90.
- NBN 50 for $68.90. There is no longer a discount but the new monthly price has reduced from $71.90 to $68.90.
- NBN 250 for $119.90. Again, there is no longer a discount but you'll be paying less per month, $119.90 instead of $128.90.
- NBN 1000 for $139.90. Despite the discount being cut, Kogan has priced the plan cheaper from $148.90 to $139.90.