Judo Bank: Products and services
Judo Bank offers tech-focused small business lending and a term deposit for personal customers.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Judo Bank is an online challenger bank that offers lending solutions for Australian businesses. It currently offers a range of financing options for businesses, with its products enabled by new technology and backed by traditional relationship banking. This guide will outline the products and services Judo Bank offers, the features and interest rates nd charges of those products, and how to decide if Judo Bank is right for you.
- Flexible, tailored products
- Dedicated relationship managers
- Transparent costs
- Competitive term deposit rates
Not suited for
- People looking for a savings account or everyday transaction account
- Businesses looking to borrow less than $250,000 or over $10 million
fixed for 6 months
Term Deposit Offer
Earn a 0.10% p.a. loyalty bonus when you roll over your term.
The Judo Bank Term Deposit term lengths range from three months to five years. Minimum opening deposit is $1,000. No account-keeping or set-up fees to pay.
- Minimum investment: $1,000
- Monthly fees: $0
What is Judo Bank?
Judo Bank is a new challenger bank that specialises in business lending for small to medium sized local businesses. Judo Bank has a full Australian Deposit-Taking Institution (ADI) license, so deposits up to $250,000 with Judo are guaranteed by the Australian government.
While it's a technology-led bank, Judo also has a focus on offering traditional relationship banking and aims to deliver its products with "certainty and speed".
What products does Judo Bank offer?
Judo Bank offers a range of business finance solutions. It currently only offers the one personal deposit product, however it does plan to launch an SMSF and business term deposit in the future, too.
Judo Bank personal term deposit
The Judo Bank term deposit is for personal customers with deposits of $1000 or more. It offers market-leading fixed interest rates on term lengths from six months to five years at a time, with a 0.10% loyalty bonus if you roll over your maturing term into a new one.
- Business loan of up to $10 million. Repaid over a set term and comes with a fixed or variable interest rate. The loan is secured by various forms of security but repayments are flexible and the term can be matched to your business's needs.
- Line of credit up to $10 million. Variable interest rate and no set repayment terms.
- Equipment loan or finance lease. The equipment loan offers flexible repayments and a balloon payment option. The finance lease can help your business fund equipment or vehicle purchases on a lease agreement.
What features and benefits does Judo offer?
- Market-leading term deposit rates. The fixed interest rates offered on the Judo Bank personal term deposit are among the best in the market.
- Dedicated relationship managers. Judo prioritises "relationship banking". Because of this, every business with a Judo Bank business product will have a dedicated relationship manager that they will have direct, regular contact with.
- Tailored solutions. Judo's solutions are flexible so that relationship managers are able to tailor them to individual business's needs.
- A range of financing solutions. There a range of financing solutions currently available including a term loan, a line of credit and equipment financing.
- Transparent costs. Judo displays its Base Rate (the variable indicator rate for the business loan and line of credit) clearly on its website. This rate is repriced on the first of each month.
Is Judo Bank safe?
Judo Bank has been granted a full banking licence by industry regulator APRA. This means Judo is approved to hold consumer and business deposits, and deposits up to $250,000 per customer are protected under the Australian Government Guarantee Scheme.
When you apply for a product such as a loan with Judo Capital, you will have a dedicated relationship manager that you can easily contact whenever you need to.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Robinhood stock from Australia
Robinhood is set to go public as soon as June. Here's what you need to do to buy in from Australia.
Response to the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right
Finder's submission in response to the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right.
From costs and finance options to what materials you’ll need, learn about bathroom renovations in this comprehensive guide.
UCapital Unsecured Business Loan
A UCapital unsecured business loan can provide up to $300,000 without security, with repayment terms between 3 and 12 months.
Employment Hero InstaPay
InstaPay is a pay-on-demand service offered by Employment Hero that allows employees to access salary advances of up to $250 per week for a flat fee starting from just $2.
Find out more about AdvancePay, the Commonwealth Bank's new "pay on demand" platform accessible to creditworthy CommBank customers.
Where you can use open banking
Find out which companies you can send your financial data to to participate in open banking.
Beforepay is a smart app that allows you to access up to $200 of your wages ahead of your next payday, while simultaneously offering you budgeting solutions.
Pepper Money is an Aussie non-bank lender that offers a vast range of personal loans and home loans to customers Australia-wide. Find out more here.
Handypay Personal Loan
Find out more about Handypay's personal loans for home improvements. Personalised rates start from 6.75% p.a. on terms from 1 to 7 years.
Ask an Expert