The ING Fixed Rate Home Loan offers a competitive fixed rate and no ongoing fees.
The ING Fixed Rate Home Loan can be fixed for terms of one to five years. You can save on ongoing loan fees and take advantage of a range of features to help you pay off your mortgage sooner.
Split loan special offer
Split your fixed rate loan with the ING Orange Advantage Loan and receive a 0.10% discount on your interest rate as well as waiving of your application fee.
Note that the Orange Advantage comes with an annual fee. For more information please check out our review of the Orange Advantage Home Loan.
Terms and conditions may apply.
|Product Name||ING Fixed Rate Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||No|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||No|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- $0 ongoing fees.
- Make additional repayments up to $10,000 per settlement anniversary before incurring fees.
- $499 application fee.
- $250 discharge fee when you close out your home loan.
- No offset account.
Things to consider about the ING Fixed Rate Home Loan
This loan is available for owner occupiers or investors. It offers an online banking feature that helps you view your minimum monthly repayments. You can even view your next repayment date and even check or change your debit amount.
Features of the ING Fixed Rate Home Loan
- No ongoing fees. This loan has no monthly or annual fees, but keep in mind that if combining your rate with the Orange Advantage you may need to pay annual fees for this part of the loan.
- Additional repayments. You are allowed to make up to $10,000 in additional repayments on your loan’s settlement anniversary without incurring any penalties. Repayments above this amount may incur break costs.
- Repayment certainty. The ING Fixed Rate home loan allows you to fix your interest rate for one to five years, giving you certainty that your home loan repayments won't change during the fixed term.
- Interest rate discounts. You may be eligible for an interest rate discount at the end of the fixed rate period if your Fixed Rate Home Loan reverts to the variable rate Mortgage Simplifier Home Loan.
- Free ATM withdrawals. You will be able to access funds from your account for free from ATMs across Australia with this loan.
- Repayment frequency. You can make fortnightly or monthly repayments on your home loan.
- Fixed rate lock-in fee. If you wish to lock the rate on your home loan using the lock-in feature, a $749 fee will apply.
- Application fee. This loan carries an application fee of $499 which goes into covering the documentation costs of the mortgage and setting up the loan account.
Note that if you split this loan with the Orange Advantage Home Loan in order to take advantage of the discounted rate, the application fee will be waived, and an annual fee will be charged.
How to apply for the ING Fixed Rate Home Loan
The whole application process should take about 20-25 minutes to complete. You will have to meet the following eligibility criteria before applying for the loan:
- Be over 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Be an Australian Citizen residing in the country.
The following information will also be required with your application:
- Personal details. This includes your name, address and contact information.
- Financial information. Provide information of your income, assets and liabilities.
After you’ve submitted all the necessary documentation, ING will contact you to ensure that the home loan you have chosen is suitable for your situation.
With competitive rates and the option to fix your mortgage for up to five years, the ING Fixed Rate Home Loan could offer a unique and cost-effective way to finance a home purchase. Learn more about what this mortgage could offer you and compare it to other home loans on finder.com.au.
Enquire about this home loan