Consolidate your debts into one convenient line of credit
The ING DIRECT Smart Home Loan is a line of credit home loan which allows you to package your finances into an equity loan which is then linked to a credit card for maximum access.
With a no-fee Visa credit card linked to your Smart Loan, this loan gives you unlimited access to your funds.
If you're not after a line of credit loan, ING Direct also offers the Orange Advantage, a full service home loan with a 100% offset account that will allow you to pay off your loan quickly.
Removed from market
ING DIRECT no longer offer the Smart Home Loan to new customers as of 1 November 2015. This page serves as an informational source only predominantly for customers who already have this loan.
Things to consider about the ING DIRECT Smart Home Loan
The ING DIRECT Smart Home Loan allows you to enjoy rate discounts on loans greater than $150,000. For loans of lower value, you will be charged the standard interest rate.
The ING DIRECT Smart Home Loan can be used towards the purchase of a residential property for owner occupier or investment purposes. You have the flexibility to choose how you want to use your credit.
Features of the ING DIRECT Smart Home Loan
- Loan-to-Value-Ratio (LVR). The maximum you can borrow against the value of the property without lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) is , or with LMI.
- Loan terms. The Smart Home Loan is classified as an 'evergreen' loan, meaning there's no maximum loan term.
- Repayment frequency. Repayments can be made every month with this loan.
- Repayment type. Your repayments can be either principal and interest or interest-only.
- Redraw. There's no limit to the amount you can redraw so long as it does not exceed your loan amount. You can use the VISA credit card to make redraws at an ATM or EFTPOS or by phone, online or BPAY.
- Loan amount. With the Smart Home Loan you can borrow up to .
- Valuation fee. $0. The cost of assessing the property to be secured will be paid by the lender.
- Settlement fee. $0. There's no charge when the home loan is settled.
- Application fee. $0. You will not be charged for the application or establishment of this loan.
- Maintenance fee. $0. No monthly fees are applicable with this loan.
- Annual fee. You will be charged a year for the life of the loan.
- Legal fee. A minimum of in legal fees is to be paid by the borrower.
- Discharge fee. At the termination of your loan you will be charged payable to the lender.
How to apply for the ING DIRECT Smart Home Loan
ING DIRECT allows you to fill out your application for the Smart Home Loan online. To be eligible make sure that you can meet these terms:
- Identification. You should be able to complete the verification of your identity form including providing copies of valid and certified identification documents.
- Payments. You will need to disclose how you will be able to pay for the upfront fees associated with the loan.
- Properties. If you own additional properties, you will have to provide rates notices.
- Credit. ING DIRECT will also expect you to provide the last three months of credit card and/or store card statements.
If you can meet those requirements you can access the online application by clicking 'Go to Site'. You will need to have the following documentation ready when filling out your application:
- Income. You will need a pay slip that is less than one month old along with your latest payment summary or taxation return.
- Identity. A completely filled out form verifying your identity with copies of your identification documents.
- Property. For any property you own you will have to be able to provide rates notices.