Illawarra Credit Union Everyday Lite

Illawarra Credit Union Everyday Lite

Fee Free Deposit


Account Keeping Fee


Australian university students can combine their savings and spending into one convenient UniSaver Account.

  • Access your account 24/7
  • Minimum opening balance of just $1
  • Phone and internet banking

Product details

The UniSaver Account from Illawarra Credit Union gives university and TAFE students the opportunity to earn some interest on their balance while still having complete access to the money to fund their school needs. Accounts are accompanied with a Visa debit card, providing you with an easy option to make your purchases and withdrawals.

Product Name
Illawarra Credit Union Everyday Lite
Monthly Account Fee
Debit Card Access
ATM Withdrawal Fee
Interest Rate p.a.
No account keeping or transaction fees.
Joint Application
Fee Free Deposit p.m.
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee
Overseas Eftpos Fee
Phone Banking
Internet Banking

What are the Illawarra Credit Union UniSaver features?

Making it through university financially can be easier if you have an account that is structured for the needs of students. A number of Australian banks provide this type of account, and before you choose one you should take the time to compare their various features with those found with the UniSaver:

  • Credit union membership. All Illawarra Credit Union accounts are only available to current members. There are no special criteria to meet in order to become one other than paying a $2 fee for your share in the institution.
  • Monthly account keeping fees. Monthly account keeping fees are waived for UniSaver account holders.
  • Transaction fees. You are not charged a fee for your everyday transactions.
  • Interest rates. Your account will earn interest based on the balance. The interest rates are tiered, and grow higher in value as your balance grows.
  • Interest calculation. The fixed interest rate is applied to your daily balance with earnings paid into the account quarterly.
  • Account accessibility. You are able to access the account over the phone and through internet and mobile banking. You can also make over the counter and electronic transactions such as BPAY and direct credit and debits.
  • Accessing your money. The account comes linked with a Visa debit card that can be used with EFTPOS, to make purchases online and over the phone and to make cash withdrawals that are deducted right from your account balance.
  • ATM withdrawals. You can use any rediATM in Australia to make withdrawals without being charged for the transaction. Using an ATM outside of this network will result in charges being made to your account from the provider.
  • Withdrawal limits. You are limited to making no more than $1,000 in ATM and EFTPOS transaction combined daily total.
  • Availability. This account is only available for Australian University and TAFE students.


  • Funds available at call
  • Linked Visa debit card
  • Access to phone, internet and mobile banking


  • Minimum opening balance required

How do I apply for the Illawarra Credit Union UniSaver?

The application for the UniSaver account can be accessed on their website. Remember that you will first need to become a member of the Illawarra Credit Union which can also be done by filling out an online application and paying the $2 membership fee. There are also other eligibility requirements for this account that you should make yourself aware of before beginning to apply:

  • Minimum age. While there is no age stipulation for this account, you must be enrolled in an Australian university or with TAFE in order to be eligible for this account.
  • Residency requirements. The only individuals eligible for this account are Australian permanent residents and citizens.
  • Depository requirements. A minimum of one dollar is required in order for this account to be activated in your name.

If you are eligible to apply for this account, get the following documentation ready in order to ensure that it is filled out completely and correctly:

  • Tax file number. As this is an interest earning account, Illawarra Credit Union is required to withhold tax on the interest earnings. They will do this at the highest marginal rate if you do not provide them with your tax file number (TFN) or TFN exemption code.
  • Identification. In order to verify your identity to Illawarra Credit Union you will need to provide your driver’s licence or passport.
  • Membership number. Your Illawarra Credit Union membership number is also needed when filling out the application.

After submitting your application Illawarra Credit Union will check and verify the details before issuing you an account that bears your name. You will then be mailed your Visa debit card so that you can begin making your daily transactions.

Back to top Back to top Back to top

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Ask a question
Go to site