Homestar Finance fixed rate home loan review
Enjoy the security of a fixed rate with no ongoing fees when you apply for the Homestar Finance Fixed Rate Home Loan.
Belinda Punshon is Finder's corporate communications executive, and previously worked as a writer on home loans and property. She has a Masters in Advertising, Public Relations and Journalism from the University of New South Wales and a Bachelors in Business from the University of Technology Sydney.
With no annual or monthly fees to worry about, the loan allows you to borrow up to $1 million and lock in your interest rate for one, two, three, four or five years.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Homestar Finance Fixed Rate Home Loan?
- Maximum loan amount. This loan allows customers to borrow $1 million per property held as security, with a maximum of up to $2 million per borrower.
- Maximum LVR. The maximum LVR on this loan is 80% for home purchases and 90% for refinancing. Lender's Mortgage Insurance (LMI) is required if you borrow more than 70% LVR.
- Split loan. If you want to combine the security of a fixed rate with the flexibility of a variable rate, a loan split option is available.
- Flexible repayments. Principal and interest repayments can be made on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis while interest-only repayments are made monthly. Extra repayments without penalty are allowed up to a maximum of $10,000 per fixed term per year.
- Loan terms. The terms of the Homestar Finance Fixed Rate Home Loan range from one to five years.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Account keeping fee: $0.
- LMI: You are not required to pay LMI if you borrow less than 70% LVR.
- Application fee: $0. This covers the administrative costs of setting up your loan.
- Fixed rate lock fee: $395. This fee is charged when you lock in the interest rate on your loan for a set term.
- Break costs: Undetermined. This will vary depending on the size of your loan and the remaining debt.
- Discharge admin fee: $535 plus third party costs. This covers the administration costs associated with preparing your loan discharge documents.
How to apply
You can fill out an online enquiry form or phone Homestar Finance directly to discuss your borrowing requirements.
This loan is available to both PAYG and self-employed borrowers. PAYG applicants will need:
- To have been working for at least 12 months
- To provide payslips and full financial and tax assessment notice as evidence of income
- To provide a PAYG payment summary
Self-employed applicants must:
- Have been trading for at least two years
- Provide bank statements as evidence of regular income
- Provide a registered ABN
The Homestar Finance Fixed Rate Home Loan offers a range of attractive features and benefits to borrowers. But before you decide whether it's the right loan for you, compare it with loans from several other lenders to ensure that you make an informed decision.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.34% p.a. and a 2.34% p.a. comparison rate.