We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Is Synergy right for me?
- What does Synergy offer? Synergy offers electricity for residences and businesses in Western Australia as well as gas for businesses in Western Australia.
- Product highlights: Synergy provides comprehensive solar and GreenPower options, and the company owns a wind farm that is an accredited GreenPower supplier.
- Watch out for: Synergy is only available within the south-west of the state and doesn't offer gas to residences or small businesses that use less than 180GJ of gas per year.
Synergy electricity and gas
Synergy supplies energy across the South West Interconnected System (SWIS) of Western Australia. The provider supplies more than one million customers with energy from a wide range of sources, including wind farms, solar and other renewables. For non-contestable customers on the SWIS, Synergy is the only electricity provider in the region. Most residences and small businesses are considered to be non-contestable if they use less than 50MWh of electricity per year.
Electricity prices in Western Australia are set by the government. The rates and charges vary depending on your property type, usage and whether you're powering a home or a business.
Synergy also provides gas to businesses that spend approximately $6,400 p.a. (approximately 180GJ p.a.) or more on gas.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Can I get solar power?
Synergy offers a wide range of solar options to meet customers' individual needs. Synergy's solar department, "SolarReturn", helps customers with a range of solar solutions from installing panels to purchasing batteries. The company offers solar bundles specifically designed to withstand extreme WA conditions. Depending on the bundles you choose, you can purchase a range of products from Synergy, including the following:
- Solar panels
- Solar inverters
- Solar monitoring systems
Can I get GreenPower?
Yes, Synergy is GreenPower accredited. You can choose to support Australia's renewable industry by purchasing an agreed amount of green energy, which is based on a percentage of your electricity consumption. Synergy has an online calculator tool to help you estimate your desired green energy contribution.
The provider also operates a wind farm in Albany that is an accredited supplier for the GreenPower program. The Albany wind farm reduces gas emissions by the equivalent amount of removing 15,000 cars from Australian roads for a whole year.
Synergy operates in Western Australia on the South West Interconnected System or SWIS. This area extends to Kalbarri in the north, Kalgoorlie-Boulder in the east and Albany in the south.
If you live in WA but are outside of Synergy's area of operation, your residential electricity will most likely be supplied by Horizon Power. If you own a business, you may be able to choose your electricity provider.
How can I pay my bills?
You can pay your Synergy bill using the following methods:
Why consider Synergy?
- Renewable energy. If it's important to you that your energy comes from sustainable sources, Synergy has you covered with a GreenPower option on most electricity plans.
- Comprehensive solar. Synergy offers solar packages that cater to a wide range of needs.
- The sole provider in many regions. Residents of many areas of WA are not able to choose their electricity provider as Synergy is the only option in most areas.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your bill with a method that's convenient for you including online, over the phone and via direct debits.
More guides on Finder
Best electricity plans for solar owners
Compare feed-in tariffs and more to find a good value plan.
Energy plans for renters
Renting shouldn't mean settling for a terrible energy plan. Find out how to make the best of your move.
Red Energy vs Origin
Red Energy vs Origin Energy: Compare rates, plans features and incentives in four states.
Electricity price changes (June 2020 update)
Energy rates, fees and price structures are far from static. They can change at almost any time for a variety of reasons.
How much does it cost to run your heater in winter (2020)?
Heating is a huge energy cost in winter. Compare heating methods to see what your best options are.
Gas vs Electricity: What’s better for your wallet?
Decide whether electricity or gas is better for your home and wallet with this comprehensive guide.
What is the average (MJ) cost of gas in Australia?
Find out if your gas rates are more or less than the average in your state.
Lower your household bills
Compare internet from over 50 providers in our broadband engine.
Check out our select picks of the best plans available.
Mobile broadband is fast becoming a viable alternative to fixed line.
Ask an Expert