Synergy supplies energy to WA residences and businesses, with a focus on renewable energy sources.
Is Synergy right for me?
- What does Synergy offer? Synergy offers electricity for residences and businesses in Western Australia as well as gas for businesses in Western Australia.
- Product highlights: Synergy provides comprehensive solar and GreenPower options, and the company owns a wind farm that is an accredited GreenPower supplier.
- Watch out for: Synergy is only available within the south-west of the state and doesn't offer gas to residences or small businesses that use less than 180GJ of gas per year.
Synergy electricity and gas
Synergy supplies energy across the South West Interconnected System (SWIS) of Western Australia. The provider supplies more than one million customers with energy from a wide range of sources, including wind farms, solar and other renewables. For non-contestable customers on the SWIS, Synergy is the only electricity provider in the region. Most residences and small businesses are considered to be non-contestable if they use less than 50MWh of electricity per year.
Electricity prices in Western Australia are set by the government. The rates and charges vary depending on your property type, usage and whether you're powering a home or a business.
Synergy also provides gas to businesses that spend approximately $6,400 p.a. (approximately 180GJ p.a.) or more on gas.
|State||⚡ Electricity||♨️ Gas|
Does Synergy offer solar power?
Synergy offers a wide range of solar options to meet customers' individual needs. Synergy's solar department, "SolarReturn", helps customers with a range of solar solutions from installing panels to purchasing batteries. Synergy offers solar bundles specifically designed to withstand extreme WA conditions. Depending on the bundles you choose, you can purchase a range of products from Synergy, including the following:
- Solar panels
- Solar inverters
- Solar monitoring systems
Does Synergy offer GreenPower?
Yes, Synergy is GreenPower accredited. You can choose to support Australia's renewable industry by purchasing an agreed amount of green energy from Synergy, which is based on a percentage of your electricity consumption. Synergy has an online calculator tool to help you estimate your desired green energy contribution.
The provider also operates a wind farm in Albany that is an accredited supplier for the GreenPower program. The Albany wind farm reduces gas emissions by the equivalent amount of removing 15,000 cars from Australian roads for a whole year.
Where does Synergy operate?
Synergy operates in Western Australia on the South West Interconnected System or SWIS. This area extends to Kalbarri in the north, Kalgoorlie-Boulder in the east and Albany in the south.
If you live in WA but are outside of Synergy's area of operation, your residential electricity will most likely be supplied by Horizon Power. If you own a business, you may be able to choose your electricity provider.
How can I pay my Synergy bills?
You can pay your Synergy bill using the following methods:
Why consider Synergy?
- Renewable energy. If it's important to you that your energy comes from sustainable sources, Synergy has you covered with a GreenPower option on most electricity plans.
- Comprehensive solar. Synergy offers solar packages that cater to a wide range of needs.
- The sole provider in many regions. Residents of many areas of WA are not able to choose their electricity provider as Synergy is the only option in most areas.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your bill with a method that's convenient for you including online, over the phone and via direct debits.
How do I contact Synergy for support?
|Residential enquiries||13 13 53|
|Business enquiries||13 13 54|
|Electricity supply faults||13 13 51|
|Gas supply faults||13 13 52|
|Translation services||13 14 50|
|Teletypewriter TTY for customers with hearing or speech difficulties||13 36 77|
|International enquiries||+61 862 122 222|