Citibank Term Deposit 250K
Earn 0.75% p.a. when you invest more than $250,000 for 3 or 6 months.
This Citibank term deposit is suited to customers with large balances over $250,000. The term deposit offers a fixed interest rate of 0.75% p.a. for a period of 3 or 6 months, offering guaranteed and predictable returns on your funds.
Up to 0.75% p.a.
3 months interest rate
Minimum opening deposit
Account keeping fee
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
|Product Name||Citibank Term Deposit 250K|
|3 month interest rate||0.75%|
|6 month interest rate||0.75%|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$250,000|
|Minimum Age Requirement||18|
|The rates displayed above are interest rates paid at maturity only. We endeavour to ensure that the information on this site is current and accurate but you should confirm any information with the product or service provider and read the information they can provide.|
Fixed interest rate of 0.75% p.a. for 3 or 6 months
This term deposit offers a fixed interest rate of 0.75% p.a. on 3 or 6 month terms only. There are no other term lengths available.
Balances over $250,000
You must have a minimum investment of $250,000 to open this term deposit. The maximum balance for this account is $2 million.
There are no establishment fees when setting up this account, and no ongoing account-keeping fees.
31-day notice period
If you want to withdraw money from your term deposit, you'll need to give Citibank at least 31 days' written notice. Other fees and deductions may also apply to your account, such as a reduced interest rate.
Fund your term deposit with a Citi Global Currency Account
To open this term deposit, you must have a Citi Global Currency Account. To fund your term deposit, simply transfer funds to your term deposit account from your Global Currency Account using Internet or mobile banking. If you don't have a Global Currency Account, you'll receive one when applying for this term deposit, or you can open one yourself here.
How to applyTo open this account, you must first open a Citi Global Currency Account in your name. Once you've done this, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria for this term deposit before applying.
You will need to meet the following criteria if you want to apply for a Citibank Term Deposit:
- 18 years or older. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this account.
- Australian residents only. You must be an Australian resident if you want to open this term deposit.
- Minimum investment $250,000. You will need to have a deposit over $250,000 to invest in the account.
- Your Tax File Number (TFN). If you don't complete this step, then Citibank will withhold tax on the interest paid on your account at the marginal tax rate.
- Proof of ID. You must provide two forms of identification (one of which must be photo ID such as a driver's licence or passport).
- Personal details. Finally, when you apply, you will need to provide your residential address, phone number and current email address.