Beyond Bank Christmas Club Savings Account
Make everyone on your lists Christmas wishes come true by saving your dollars starting in January.
Christmas shopping bills add up quickly, but with the money already set aside, you won’t feel it. The Christmas Club Account from Beyond Bank enables you to begin saving at the start of the year in order to cover those expenses at the end of it. Your savings also earn a competitive interest rate throughout the year, giving you a bit of extra cash for one more stocking stuffer.
Maximum variable rate
Base interest rate
Monthly account keeping fees
Your Christmas Club Savings Account with Beyond Bank does not incur any monthly fees.
You can make transfers, deposits and withdrawals with this account at a branch, online, over the phone and at Bank@Post locations.
You are not charged for making deposits into the account or electronic credits. For transfers and withdrawals from your savings you will be charged $4 per transaction. That fee is waived starting on 1 November through 31 of January.
A competitive interest rate is applied to your entire daily balance and paid into the account on 31 October.
Beyond Bank expands their online banking system to a mobile app available for both Android and iOS mobile devices. When you download this app you can access your account through your smartphone, getting up to date balance and transaction information.
How to apply
If you are already a Beyond Bank customer you can open a Christmas Club Savings Account through their online banking system. New members are able to access the secure application online. Before you start an online application, check to make sure that you are eligible to open this account:
- Minimum age. You must be at least 18 years of age to open this account online. Younger applicants should either call or visit their local branch in order to complete an application.
- Residency requirements. Beyond Bank requires that all account holders be Australian residents with an Australian residential and postal address. Overseas residents living in Australia will have to contact Beyond Bank for further instruction on how to complete the application.
- Depository requirements. Beyond Bank will not ask for you to make an initial deposit when opening a Christmas Club Savings Account.
As you complete the application you are going to be asked to provide information that can be found on the following documentation:
- Tax file number. Although you will be asked for your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code, it is not mandatory that you provide it. This is used by Beyond Bank to ensure that the correct amount of withholding tax is being deducted from your interest earnings. If they do not have this information they are required to deduct tax at the highest marginal rate.
- Identification. Information found on your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card can be used to help verify your identity. In some cases a new customer may need to visit a Beyond Bank branch in order to complete this portion of the application.
What happens after I submit my application?
Your Christmas Club Savings Account will become active once your application has been submitted and approved by the financial institution. You will then be provided with the necessary information to set up transfers into the account so that you can begin readying your finances for the holiday season.