With the use of a linked debit MasterCard the Bankwest Lite Direct Account gives you direct access to your money through over 4,000 ATMs, online, and at your favourite store. There is a monthly fee and you never have to worry about maintaining a certain balance, or making a certain number of deposits.
This is a simple transaction account to manage for those who don’t want to have to worry about paying extra fees for their everyday transactions.
What are the features of the Bankwest Lite Direct Account?
This may be considered a lite transaction account, yet it still has a number of features to help make your banking needs easy. Compare these with the features of other banks simple everyday accounts to see whose will fit in best with your spending style:
- Monthly account keeping fee. Your account is charged $3.99 a month as a maintenance fee on the first day of each month.
- Linked debit card. This account is linked to a MasterCard debit card that can be used at any location that normally accepts MasterCard as a form of payment. The difference is that with this card purchases and withdrawals come straight out of your account balance rather than accruing interest like a credit card would.
- Tap & Go. The linked debit MasterCard comes with Tap & Go technology that allows you to make point of sale purchases
- Accessibility. You can make your bank transactions using Bankwest online banking or phone banking. Periodical payments and direct debit can also be set up for this account.
- ATM use. The linked debit card gives you unlimited and free use of over 4,000 ATMs in the Bankwest and Commonwealth Bank networks.
- Fee for foreign transactions. For any transaction that takes place outside of Australia, including those made online, you will be charged 2.95% of the transaction amount.
- Overseas ATMs. Any ATM transaction made overseas is charged $5 on the first business day of the following month. You should also note that other fees could be charged by the issuing bank.
- $0 minimum monthly balance.
- $0 electronic withdrawal fee.
- There is a monthly fee of $3.99.
- Free counter withdrawal is not applicable with this account, there is $4 fee instead.
How do I apply for the Bankwest Lite Direct Account?
If the Bankwest Lite Direct Account covers just what you need for your everyday banking, you can apply online. Existing Bankwest customers can log into online banking to quickly fill out their application. If you are not already a customer, check to make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements for this account before going forward:
- Minimum age. Individuals over the age of 18 will be considered for this account.
- Residency requirements. The Lite Direct Account is available for Australian permanent residents and certain temporary residents holding a valid visa.
- Depository requirements. There are no minimum deposit requirements for this account.
When filling out your online application it will be helpful to have the following documentation ready:
- Tax file number. Your tax file number (TFN) is not required, but by providing that or your exemption code you will be charged the correct withholding amount on any interest income earned with the account.
- Identification. Photo identification such as your driver’s licence or passport is required in order to confirm your identity.
After submitting your online application you will be notified immediately of its receipt. If Bankwest has received all of the necessary information the account will be opened and your debit MasterCard mailed to you within seven to ten business days. If the identification check is not complete you will be asked to visit a local branch and provide additional documentation.