You could fatten your savings balance with a savings account from Quay Credit Union.
Quay Credit Union has merged with G&C Mutual and will no longer be offering products or services.
Existing Quay Credit Union customers will be notified directly about changes to their banking.
Based in the heart of Sydney’s business district, Quay Credit Union is a registered full service banking institution providing savings accounts, personal loans, home loans and cards to all Australians.
Quay Credit Union Awards
- Money Magazine Best of the Best Awards - Cheapest Credit Card Non Bank - Quay Credit Union Visa Credit Card - 2016
- Money Magazine Best of the Best Awards - Cheapest Balance Transfer Credit Card Non Bank - Quay Credit Union Visa Credit Card - 2016
Who is Quay Credit Union?
Quay Credit Union offer transaction, savings and term deposit accounts which can provide a competitive return on your cash investment. If you have an eye on reaching a target, tiered and bonus interest accounts give an incentive to save more so you can reach your goals sooner.
- Swift Code: CUSCAU2SXXX
What is internet banking like for Quay Credit Union?
Quay Credit Union gives you access to online tools so you can do your banking at home or on the go 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Quay Credit Union internet banking lets you view your account balances and recent account transactions, make payments to other accounts using BPAY, set up regular payments and more. You can register for online access when you apply for a Quay Credit Union account.
Notable features include:
- View electronic statements
- Set up a direct credit or direct debit so you can automatically pay service providers.
- Apply for new Quay Credit Union accounts such as a credit card or overdraft account.
What about the mobile app?Image Source: App Store
|Transfers and overseas transfers||Locate the near ATM|
What transaction accounts are provided are by Quay Credit Union?
- RediAccess Account
Designed for everyday banking, Quay Credit Union’s RediAccess account is an interest bearing transaction account offers free unlimited transactions. An EFTPOS or VIsa Debit Card is issued with this account, make free withdrawals from NAB and rediATMs, free BPAY payments, online transfers and more.
- Mortgage Offset Account
Linked to your Quay Credit Union home loan, the Mortgage Offset Account can reduce the amount of interest you pay on your mortgage while giving your transactional access to your savings. Make BPAY payments from this account, link it to a debit card so you can shop, set up direct credits, debits and more.
What high interest savings accounts are offered by Quay Credit Union?
- Investment Saver
If you’re looking for a general purpose savings account with no lock in conditions, no fees or no additional requirements like minimum deposits, the Quay Credit Union Investment Saver is worth comparing. Register for online and telephone banking to get full access to your savings 24/7.
- Bonus Saver
Do you want to be rewarded for saving? The Bonus Saver gives you more interest each month when you don’t make any withdrawals. This fee free account gives you on call access to your money, you’re not locked in for any length of time.
- Special Saver
For long term savers, the Quay Credit Union Special Saver offers a tiered rate of interest which grows with your savings balance. Transfer funds to a transaction account when you’re ready to withdraw your money when you want it.
What term deposits are offered by Quay Credit Union?
- Quay Credit Union Term Deposit
A fixed investment such as a term deposit is great if you want to certainty of guaranteed returns. The Quay Credit Union Term Deposit offers terms ranging 3 months to 2 years for investments starting at $2,000. Choose from different interest payment options to suit your investment strategy.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of banking with Quay Credit Union?
- Credit unions are usually more competitive. Quay Credit Union is run to benefit customers not shareholders.
- A large range of savings products. Quay Credit Union offer a number of savings products which provide bonus interest when you meet monthly conditions like making no withdrawals in a month.
- There is a monthly membership fee. Quay Credit Union offer fee free banking — with conditions. Members under 21, new members and supporting members don’t have to pay this fee. A supporting member is a member who holds a saving balance greater than $1,000.
How do I apply for a Quay Credit Union account?
Download and complete a Quay Credit Union membership application form to apply for one of these accounts. You can mail or return the form to a Quay Credit Union administration office in person.
- Membership. Credit Unions are customer owned financial institutions. You’re asked to pay a $10 share when you join. This entitles you to a say in how the institution is run.
- Identification. Provide a primary form of I.D such as your passport or a combination of non-photographic secondary identification documents such as your birth certificate or utility notice when you apply.
Quay Credit Union offer a suite of products which can help you grow your savings balance, be sure to compare savings account so you know you’re getting the best return on your cash investment.